Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Updates on Costco Police Shooting in Nevada

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

What was Erik Scott?
    Exactly. WHAT - not WHO.
    freedomisobvious.blogspot.com

There is only one correct way: freedom. All other solutions are non-solutions.

It appears that artificial intelligence is at least slightly superior to natural stupidity.

Our words make us the ghosts that we are.

Convincing the world he didn't exist was the Devil's second greatest trick; the first was convincing us that God didn't exist.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We just passed the one year Anniversary:

The Erik Scott Case, Update 13: A Sad Anniversary

On the morning of July 10, 2010, Erik Scott was shot seven times and killed by three Las Vegas Metro police officers while leaving a Las Vegas Costco store surrounded by other shoppers. Standing at his side as he was shot was his girlfriend, Samantha Sterner. The first officer to shoot Scott, only two seconds after drawing his gun and yelling contradictory commands, William Mosher, had shot two other citizens in the few years he had worked at Metro before killing Scott (one survived). The other two officers, Joshua Stark and Thomas Mendiola, had scant police experience.

This post, Update 13 in our series on the continuing Scott case, is not only a memoriam, but a summary, not only of our coverage to date of the case, but of the public scrutiny focused on Metro since they shot the wrong man, scrutiny that they, to this day, despise. Today is the first anniversary of the shooting of Erik Scott, an anniversary that, unlike most others, is not a cause for celebration and will never be a cause for celebration for the Scott family and for those who knew and loved Erik Scott. But it is our hope that the continuing outrage over Scott’s death and the many beatings, harassments, and deaths of Las Vegas citizens since will be the catalyst for changes that only the most corrupt or uninformed can belittle or ignore.

http://confederateyankee.mu.nu/archi...scott_case.php
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    did they ever get that tape? where is it?
    It appears that Update 8 is what you want to read:

November 10, 2011: Update 8: This update explained the realities of eyewitness accounts and followed the bizarre travels of the Costco security video hard drive across the United States. One of the most inexplicable facets of the Scott case is that there is apparently no video at all. According to Metro, the Costco video was malfunctioning, there is no patrol car video, no police helicopter video, no media video, and no video, not even of the aftermath, shot by the media or citizens. Despite these claims, a substantial amount of data—type unknown to this day—was recovered from a Costco security camera hard drive.

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

More updates:

The Erik Scott Case: Update 14: The Officers Speak--Sort Of
    The Erik Scott Case, Update 14.2: The Officers Speak--Sort Of (Continued)
    The Erik Scott Case, 14.3: The Officers Speak--Sort Of (Concluded)
    The Erik Scott Case, Update 15: Metro Pats Itself On The Back

Last edited by Anti Federalist; 03-18-2012 at 12:51 PM.

It appears the case is closed, with no ramifications or remedies.

Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    It appears the case is closed, with no ramifications or remedies.
    Yes.

Yes, it does.

The system closed in around their enforcers, it was all the Mundane's fault, now move along, before I thump yer heads for ya.

Was this case a variation of "SWATing" someone? The cashier who initiated this episode did so because she jumped to the conclusion that Erik had been battering his girlfriend. She then alerted store security, who ramped it up a notch and contacted the Police. The end results of this accusation are now history.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Was this case a variation of "SWATing" someone? The cashier who initiated this episode did so because she jumped to the conclusion that Erik had been battering his girlfriend. She then alerted store security, who ramped it up a notch and contacted the Police. The end results of this accusation are now history.
    Yes. I believe it was.

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Yes. I believe it was.
    Agreed - looks like a practice run
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Here's a bump that the media is starting to recognize about the POLICE STATE "KILLING MACHINE" of Las Vegas, NV

Startling they have killed 142 Americans

http://www.lvrj.com/news/deadly-force

Last edited by HOLLYWOOD; 11-15-2012 at 12:55 PM.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

A couple of years back I saw a story about a Las Vegas cop who had his four "kills" commemorated on his body with tattoos for each one. The police couldn't understand why the public might have a problem with that.

Quote Originally Posted by SeanTX View Post
    A couple of years back I saw a story about a Las Vegas cop who had his four "kills" commemorated on his body with tattoos for each one. The police couldn't understand why the public might have a problem with that.
    I had a picture of Texas SWAT tank with the same thing on it.

It appears that there is a website that has been dedicated to Erik Scott and related issues. Looks like it may be the same guy that had been writing, using a new website.

https://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpre...ik-scott-case/

http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogspot.com/

An interesting letter from an eyewitness:

THanks for the updates. I thought this was all done. Am I wrong?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    so sad the needless death
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

It appears that there is a website that has been dedicated to Erik Scott and related issues. Looks like it may be the same guy that had been writing, using a new website.

https://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpre...ik-scott-case/

http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogspot.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Mike McDaniel's blog, as previously posted by Brian above, is really a good blog. I have it bookmarked and I've been going to it for a while now.

I believe there is a pending civil suit against Erik Scott's killers.

Gulag Chief:
    "Article 58-1a, twenty five years... What did you get it for?"
    Gulag Prisoner: "For nothing at all."
    Gulag Chief: "You're lying... The sentence for nothing at all is 10 years"

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    They had to drop the lawsuit against the LV Metro and the officers in March 2012:
    http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogsp...metro.html?m=1

They filed a new lawsuit against Costco in June 2012:
    https://statelymcdanielmanor.wordpre...-june-08-2012/

Erik Scott's father wrote a book based on his son's death:

http://erikbscottmemorialblog.blogsp...s-release.html

LAS VEGAS (March 28, 2013) – The murder of a beloved son, a quest for truth and justice usurped by a broken legal system, and a battle with both grief and a blatant cover-up, led author William B. Scott to create a fictional tale rooted in every parent’s nightmare. The result is The Permit, a compelling techno-thriller novel based on the real-world murder of Erik Scott, who was gunned down by Las Vegas Metropolitan Police Department officers in front of a suburban Costco store in July 2010.

“My son, Erik, was murdered, because a BlackBerry in his hand was mistaken for a firearm. That senseless tragedy was magnified by a sloppy, transparent cover-up orchestrated to protect his killers and a Cartel of Corruption that controls Las Vegas,” said William B. Scott, bestselling author and Erik Scott’s father. “It soon became apparent that the Cartel’s enforcers—rogue cops—were no different than dangerous domestic terrorists. In the past, rogue cops were a very small percentage of U.S. police forces. But that changed in recent years. Today, twenty-five-to-thirty percent of some police departments—including Las Vegas Metro—comprise ‘rogue’ or ‘bad’ cops. Every day brings another headline about American citizens being brutalized and killed by those who have sworn to serve and protect.”

They do it because they can get away with it.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Michael Brown bump.

Michael Brown bump.
    “My son, Erik, was murdered, because a BlackBerry in his hand was mistaken for a firearm. That senseless tragedy was magnified by a sloppy, transparent cover-up orchestrated to protect his killers and a Cartel of Corruption that controls Las Vegas,” said William B. Scott, bestselling author and Erik Scott’s father. “It soon became apparent that the Cartel’s enforcers—rogue cops—were no different than dangerous domestic terrorists. In the past, rogue cops were a very small percentage of U.S. police forces. But that changed in recent years. Today, twenty-five-to-thirty percent of some police departments—including Las Vegas Metro—comprise ‘rogue’ or ‘bad’ cops. Every day brings another headline about American citizens being brutalized and killed by those who have sworn to serve and protect.”
    I wonder, how this may have turned out, if people in Erik Scott's neighborhood turned out in force, raised hell and maybe burned a few buildings down?

I wonder, how this may have turned out, if people in Erik Scott's neighborhood turned out in force, raised hell and maybe burned a few buildings down?
    Well,hopefully not your house or business.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by mad cow View Post
    Well,hopefully not your house or business.
    Yeah, I would hope not. I'd be armed and protecting it.

He had a gun.

Justified.

Right?

Squeaky wheel gets the grease.

All of these incidents do have a cumulative effect though. Balko and Grigg can cite them. Politicians like Rand and even Huckabee are speaking out about it. Shows that it is a bigger issue than just the Cultural Marxists and leftists trying to push their race politics.

Yeah, I would hope not. I'd be armed and protecting it.
    And if you were away at sea?Then I guess you would just come home to the smoking ruins.

But you could take heart that some important social change might come about for the rioters that torched everything you own in the world,so it's all good.
    Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

A police state is a small price to pay for living in the freest country on earth.

It seems like peaceful "stay on the sidewalk, or in the free speech zone" -- type protests accomplish absolutely nothing , other than raising some awareness and giving the tax ticks some easy overtime pay, as they stand off to side laughing at it all. And voting and strongly-worded letters of complaint do nothing either.

Some type of physical disruption is necessary to make the powers-that-be pay attention to the grievances of mundanes, even if it's just disrupting traffic flow. Wide-scale non-violent civil disobedience at a minimum.

Angry at the cops for killing someone without justification, like Erik Scott, and want to really do something to bring about change? Then certain things may be fair game -- just leave private property and innocent citizens alone. People say that you can't fight the govt , but they do it in other countries all the time. You just have to be smart about how it's done.

I'm not necessarily advocating doing that by the way, I'm just saying that I think well-mannered protesting isn't going to accomplish anything, we are well beyond that point.
    Last edited by SeanTX; 08-18-2014 at 01:31 PM.

CNN fueled riot bump.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast