Thread: Press Conference news here.

Press Conference news here.

http://reason.com/blog/show/123037.html

Posted on another thread by TheIndependent.
    "Eat right, get plenty of sleep, wear glasses if you need 'em." - Webb Wilder

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Looks good. The campaign has to increase it's donor relations department and ask those who have not maxed out to donate more.

The message of the day: Only three Republican campaigns are fiscally secure and fecund, and Paul's is one of them. (The others are Rudy Giuliani's and Fred Thompson's.)
    I don't buy that Mitt Romney's campaign is fiscally unsecure. Mitt could drop down $50 million of his own money at any moment. He is more dangerous than Fred Thompson for sure. If Mitt wins a few of the first primaries - he might just do this.
    I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. - Henry David Thoreau

hmm still no mention of Leno, though..
    "One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." -Plato

I have Digg and Reddit links in the other forum where this same thing is posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Green Mountain Boy View Post
    I don't buy that Mitt Romney's campaign is fiscally unsecure. Mitt could drop down $50 million of his own money at any moment. He is more dangerous than Fred Thompson for sure. If Mitt wins a few of the first primaries - he might just do this.
    Perhaps, but he probably has to use that money to buy the "support" that Dr. Paul is getting for free.

Can you imagine how much this "grass-roots support" would cost to organize from the top down.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It is a bad sign of things to come if he were elected, one can't keep writing checks to fund the government
    Of course they just ask the fed to print more $$$ on paper, causing more debt.

No one reads signatures.

As with most smart businessmen I'm sure Mitt has already decided how much he will 'invest' in his own campaign. Yes, he could throw another 50 million towards his campaign but I'm sure he won't spend more than the x he had planned on unless he has some early victories.

I heard somewhere (dont quote me) that Mitt was in for only another $15 million. That might have been before last Quarter's infusion however

No mention of military donations, first place donations in some states, 2nd and 3rd in primary states, and celebrity donations? :O
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    As with most smart businessmen I'm sure Mitt has already decided how much he will 'invest' in his own campaign. Yes, he could throw another 50 million towards his campaign but I'm sure he won't spend more than the x he had planned on unless he has some early victories.
    That's why it's important to not allow him any early victories.
    I heartily accept the motto, "That government is best which governs least"; and I should like to see it acted up to more rapidly and systematically. Carried out, it finally amounts to this, which also I believe — "That government is best which governs not at all"; and when men are prepared for it, that will be the kind of government which they will have. - Henry David Thoreau

That means 97% of those who have donated to the Ron Paul campaign can donate again!

Please keep the donations flowing!

http://www.ronpaul2008.com/donate/

Another thing about Mitty is that with all the money he has already spent he is only at 10% nationally, which is only 5% higher than Dr. Paul.

Mitt will only win in his own mind. He apparently loves himself alot more than the american people do.

Too bad he can only vote for himself once.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilTwinkie View Post
    Mitt will only win in his own mind. He apparently loves himself alot more than the american people do.

Too bad he can only vote for himself once.
    don't count on that, he will get his entire family and their family and their family to vote for him too
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by JMann View Post
    Another thing about Mitty is that with all the money he has already spent he is only at 10% nationally, which is only 5% higher than Dr. Paul.
    Yeah, but he's spending in early primary states, and doing very well there. He was governor of MA, which has many people commuting from New Hampshire, so he's got regional credibility as well. Its going to be a knock-down drag-out to win New Hampshire. But we must. New Hampshire is critical.

I hope Mitt spends 50 million

Quote Originally Posted by goldstandard View Post
    of his money on jogging ads and optimism speeches with no substance. Those days are far behind us where pomp and placating were key. We have serious problems to fix and as long as Mitt does not address them, thats fine with me. His cash is disappearing like a fart in the wind, excuse the expression.

Romney is really targeting his money to the early primary and caucus states. He is one to watch and may be a major competitor to Ron Paul.

Rudy is ready to lose Iowa, New Hampshire and other states and hopes to win in Florida, California and the large states.

Romney is targeting the early states like Ron Paul.

Quote Originally Posted by goldstandard View Post
    That's a nice piece of coverage. Very balanced, very fair, very substantive.