Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Seattle: Man shot and killed by cops for whittling.

Angry Seattle: Man shot and killed by cops for whittling.

Lesson learned:

Any contact with cops is likely to be your last day on earth.

Whittling man fatally shot by police

http://downtownseattle.komonews.com/...ly-shot-police

Submitted by KOMO Staff on Monday, August 30th, 04:28pm

YouTube - Whittling man fatally shot by police

A man was fatally shot by police in downtown Seattle on Monday afternoon, according to police.

The shooting occurred on the northwest corner of Boren Ave. and E. Howell St. at approximately 4:15 p.m.

Police said an officer was on patrol when he spotted a man sitting on the sidewalk, whittling, and approached him.

The officer told the man to drop the knife several times, police said, but instead of doing so, he stood up. When the man refused to heed to his commands, the officer opened fire and hit the man.

The unidentified man was fatally injured. Nearby witnesses said they heard as many as five shots being fired.

"It was rapid succession of five or six shots, straight to the chest. It was point blank," said one witness who wished to remain anonymous.

According to city code, it is unlawful for anyone to "carry concealed or unconcealed on his or her person any dangerous knife, or carry concealed on his or her person any deadly weapon other than a firearm."

The code qualifies "any dangerous knife" as "any fixed-blade knife and any other knife having a blade more than three and one-half inches in length."

The name of the involved officer has not been released, but Seattle Police Chief John Diaz did comment on his performance.

"He's considered a very good officer. He has a good record," he said.

The officer involved in the shooting has been placed on paid administrative leave as is standard in such cases.

The incident will be reviewed by what the chief calls a shooting review board.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Dear Lord ... Many cops are so wound up through propaganda and myopic laws that they're largely incapable of functioning rationally. Unfortunately, until the propaganda stops and the myopic laws repealed or the cops disarmed, they'll remain a threat to society. Personally, the odds of surviving some time in bar full of armed drunks is probably considerably higher than whittling on some street. Simply tragic and a consequence of paranoia and bad law...
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 09-02-2010 at 11:41 PM.
    Truth Drives Me

Damn, even while an active duty Boarding Officer in USCG-I cant imagine this escalating that far. WTF kind of people are they letting be cops nowadays

Never mind, I seen these types on my side at times, too, but it never goes this far(yet...). These guys have the power to summarily execute you on the spot-while your devastated family pays higher taxes to pay for the executioner's paid vacation-and inevitable declaration of innocence and courage during the performance of duty...
    EX-USCG

What is the difference between a hero and a cop? A hero will not hesitate to risk his life to protect your safety, a cop will not hesitate to risk your life to protect his safety.
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    Authoritarian leftists. Political prisoners. Gulags. Where are we again?

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post

Damn, even while an active duty Boarding Officer in USCG-I cant imagine this escalating that far. WTF kind of people are they letting be cops nowadays

Never mind, I seen these types on my side at times, too, but it never goes this far(yet...). These guys have the power to summarily execute you on the spot-while your devastated family pays higher taxes to pay for the executioner's paid vacation-and inevitable declaration of innocence and courage during the performance of duty...
    Comply, right away, or get shot, no questions asked.

And even "compliance" is often not enough, especially when you have a bunch of these hut hutting $#@!s all shouting contradictory orders.
    “It is not true that all creeds and cultures are equally assimilable in a First World nation born of England, Christianity, and Western civilization. Race, faith, ethnicity and history leave genetic fingerprints no ‘proposition nation’ can erase." -- Pat Buchanan

WTF, another Mobster getting a paid vacation?

Cops sure worry about their safety, but they sure don't give a $#@! about yours.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Comply, right away, or get shot, no questions asked.

And even "compliance" is often not enough, especially when you have a bunch of these hut hutting $#@!s all shouting contradictory orders.
    Yep. Gosh, the shear number of police f*** ups that I have read this year is getting mind numbing. How the sheep don't realize we are in a police state is beyond me. When dealing with cops, they are the supreme overlords. Any resistance (even non violent, non verbal, non threatening) will be terminated at will. What is sad about a ton of these police brutality cases is how the officers are the instigators almost every time. "A man has a knife! Gasp! I must confront him and shoot him 6 times in the cheast." Honestly, these people are pathetic and need to be dismantled. Heaven forbid they see a 13 year old playing with fire crackers or a bb gun.

Angry

After being brainwashed so long with all of that Patriot Act Propaganda they seem to become very paranoid schizophrenic. Their bosses get all expense paid Federal trips to learn all about "terrorism," that literally puts them into a whole new SS way of thinking. All of the American people are not even plain old "criminals" anymore, now we are downright "terrorist," and the police are the heroes of this country killing all of the whittlers that be.
    FJB

This story is pretty extreme!

Quote Originally Posted by Mach View Post
    After being brainwashed so long with all of that Patriot Act Propaganda they seem to become very paranoid schizophrenic. Their bosses get all expense paid Federal trips to learn all about "terrorism," that literally puts them into a whole new SS way of thinking. All of the American people are not even plain old "criminals" anymore, now we are downright "terrorist," and the police are the heroes of this country killing all of the whittlers that be.
    +1984

Quote Originally Posted by Humanae Libertas View Post
    WTF, another Mobster getting a paid vacation?...
    This story is pretty extreme!
    I need an (unpaid) vacation from RPF's; Have fun everybody............
    No one here wanted to be the Billionaire.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yeah, all my paperwork is ready. I can't wait any more. Although I hate the idea of needing one, I'm filing for my CC permit on Tuesday.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

This is insane, shooting a guy with a knife 5-6 times in the chest at point blank range?! WTF!
    That being said, if a cop comes up to you and pulls his gun telling you to drop the knife, THEN DROP THE DAMN KNIFE!... Knowing how paranoid, unreasonable and uncaring some cops can be, why would you want to confront him? No use in being right if you are dead...
    "This world in arms is not spending money alone. It is spending the sweat of its laborers, the genius of its scientists, the hopes of its children." -Dwight D. Eisenhower, April 16, 1953

[h1]He's considered a very good officer. He has a good record.[/h1]

Note the use of the present tense, he currently has a good record.
    There are no crimes against people.
    There are only crimes against the state.
    And the state will never, ever choose to hold accountable its agents, because a thing can not commit a crime against itself.

Quote Originally Posted by coastie View Post

Had this conversation with a couple of good cops (long since retired) over 15 years ago. They told me it is the relaxed standards - when they joined, the background check was extensive "and we are going to talk to every teacher you had all the way back to first grade" and they left you with the feeling that you could just withdraw your application now because they were sure to find some disqualification. Now they will take anybody, and even a non violent felony conviction might get waived. We all see the result.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    [h1]He's considered a very good officer. He has a good record.[/h1]

Note the use of the present tense, he currently has a good record.

Present or future! If you kill people minding their own business not hurting anyone is consider having a "good record". It's not until they are video tape that maybe, that's a maybe that they'll get some sort of punishment, and that's a maybe.
    Last edited by aGameOfThrones; 09-03-2010 at 09:32 AM.

The news report didn't offer any testimony from the supposed eye witness as to whether or not the man with the knife made any threatening moves with the knife once he stood up. His comment that the cop should have shot him in an extremity to diffuse/resolve the situation indicates to me that it is likely. Sad story.

Quote Originally Posted by CasualApathy View Post
    This is insane, shooting a guy with a knife 5-6 times in the chest at point blank range?! WTF!
    That being said, if a cop comes up to you and pulls his gun telling you to drop the knife, THEN DROP THE DAMN KNIFE!... Knowing how paranoid, unreasonable and uncaring some cops can be, why would you want to confront him? No use in being right if you are dead...
    The man was known in the community, he sat there for two years making those totems. He was a cripple, alcoholic and deaf in one ear. He probably never heard the insane murderer's commands.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    damn, I plan on moving to seattle in a couple of weeks.
    For what is the value of Light, if it is not taken in places of Darkness?

This cop needs to go to jail for life.
    Last edited by libertybrewcity; 09-03-2010 at 10:48 PM.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    The man was known in the community, he sat there for two years making those totems. He was a cripple, alcoholic and deaf in one ear. He probably never heard the insane murderer's commands.
    This is one of the things that makes me fearful for some of my friends. I know quite a few deaf or blind folks, and shudder at the fact that the police don't seem to think that they might exist. Imagine if the guy was totally deaf, looking down, whittling, oblivious to the cop's shouting and not looking at him (so didn't see the gun, etc.). Maybe he just happened to get up. Oh, yeah, I could see that being a misunderstanding... but... worthy of death? Jeez.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

On page 3 or so of the comments to the article, someone said the victim had been increasingly hostile to police recently and this event wasn't entirely unexpected.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    On page 3 or so of the comments to the article, someone said the victim had been increasingly hostile to police recently and this event wasn't entirely unexpected.
    If true, maybe it was because the police were increasingly hostile with the victim. After all, he got shot 6 times in the chest for whittling and causing no harm to anyone or anything.

There was no reason to stop him in the first place.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I am speechless . Insanity .

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    While I understand your point, perhaps he was hostile towards police because they were pestering him for whittling. Also, this implies that the police knew the guy was increasingly hostile... so why bother him? There's knowledge that the guy is just sitting there whittling. If there were reports of his being hostile towards people, who then sought the aid of police, who were then confronted with an angry man with a knife, perhaps the story would be a little different. Even then, the matter of so many shots at close range would remain a mystery.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    This pig needs to go to jail for life.
    No. He needs to be tried for murder and given the death penalty. I guarantee you they'd be giving someone else the death penalty if someone murdered that cop.

http://www.theolympian.com/2010/09/0...medium=twitter
    When one gets in bed with government, one must expect the diseases it spreads. --Ron Paul

Pro-life is Pro-liberty
    http://www.l4l.org/

Quote Originally Posted by fedup100 View Post
    Please post a link to that info, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    This is one of the things that makes me fearful for some of my friends. I know quite a few deaf or blind folks, and shudder at the fact that the police don't seem to think that they might exist. Imagine if the guy was totally deaf, looking down, whittling, oblivious to the cop's shouting and not looking at him (so didn't see the gun, etc.). Maybe he just happened to get up. Oh, yeah, I could see that being a misunderstanding... but... worthy of death? Jeez.
    There have been more than a few cases of people being dragged out of their cars for DWI or drugs, tased and in some cases killed, when the reality was they were in diabetic shock and could not "comply".

Or crippled...I could post a thousand of these stories.

Youngstown cop beat me, paralyzed man says
    http://www.vindy.com/news/2010/mar/1...yzed-man-says/
    Daniel said a tow truck rode by the accident shortly after his brother left the scene, and he slid into the driver’s seat to flag down the driver. Daniel asked the driver for assistance, but said he did not need to have the police called.

The tow truck driver, according to police reports, however, called police because he thought he saw a gun inside the vehicle in which Daniel was sitting. Police did not find a gun, but did find a black stick inside the vehicle.

Joliff arrived at the scene of the accident shortly after the call from the tow truck driver.

Daniel said Joliff, at gun point, used an expletive and told him he would hurt him if he moved. Daniel said he told the officer he was paralyzed and could not walk, but the officer told him to be quiet.

Daniel said Joliff handcuffed him through the window, then punched him in the mouth. He said the officer dragged him from the SUV causing his pants to come down.

Daniel said he asked the officer to help get him out of the road because he is handicapped, but was again told to shut up. He said he asked two other officers who had arrived at the scene for help, and Joliff again hit him in the mouth.

~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

"The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    Please post a link to that info, thanks.

There have been more than a few cases of people being dragged out of their cars for DWI or drugs, tased and in some cases killed, when the reality was they were in diabetic shock and could not "comply".

Or crippled...I could post a thousand of these stories.

Youngstown cop beat me, paralyzed man says
    http://www.vindy.com/news/2010/mar/1...yzed-man-says/
    Daniel said a tow truck rode by the accident shortly after his brother left the scene, and he slid into the driver’s seat to flag down the driver. Daniel asked the driver for assistance, but said he did not need to have the police called.

The tow truck driver, according to police reports, however, called police because he thought he saw a gun inside the vehicle in which Daniel was sitting. Police did not find a gun, but did find a black stick inside the vehicle.

Joliff arrived at the scene of the accident shortly after the call from the tow truck driver.

Daniel said Joliff, at gun point, used an expletive and told him he would hurt him if he moved. Daniel said he told the officer he was paralyzed and could not walk, but the officer told him to be quiet.

Daniel said Joliff handcuffed him through the window, then punched him in the mouth. He said the officer dragged him from the SUV causing his pants to come down.

Daniel said he asked the officer to help get him out of the road because he is handicapped, but was again told to shut up. He said he asked two other officers who had arrived at the scene for help, and Joliff again hit him in the mouth.
    http://www.mynorthwest.com/?nid=91

The cop is lying, witnesses say the cop ran up to the sitting man and shot him. Te man was a cripple, I assure you he was not advancing on the loser murderer with a badge.

scroll all the way down to the last story.

Williams was 50-years-old. He walked with a pronounced limp and was deaf in one ear, according to friends. The officer says he stopped when he saw Williams with his knife because something "didn't feel right".

wtf. I carry a knife all the time. A box cutter. I am a carpenter. I like sharp things. WTF. Is the cop at least fired and charged with murder?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast