Thread: Is "break the matrix" a failed project?

Is "break the matrix" a failed project?

I have not heard much from this project. My understanding is it was supposed to be a outlet or an alternative to mass media.. Anyone know how it's going?
    Newt Gingrich

This is it! "Teaparty 11 Money Bomb"

DEC 16th 2011 Pledge to donate now at TeaParty11.com

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by mstrmac1 View Post
    I have not heard much from this project. My understanding is it was supposed to be a outlet or an alternative to mass media.. Anyone know how it's going?
    depends on who you ask, and how you measure success.

did they ever get investors?
    did they ever make money?
    did they ever get programs produced?
    (nevermind get them on the air)

I think, the only reason they got a deal with Bay Country Communications, was because Shelley worked in it.
    http://www.bcctv.com/index.php

for a short time BTM had a social network style website, with a forum, but then spammers killed it (almost overnight).

Quote Originally Posted by WaltM View Post
    depends on who you ask, and how you measure success.

did they ever get investors?
    did they ever make money?
    did they ever get programs produced?
    (nevermind get them on the air)

I think, the only reason they got a deal with Bay Country Communications, was because Shelley worked in it.
    http://www.bcctv.com/index.php

for a short time BTM had a social network style website, with a forum, but then spammers killed it (almost overnight).
    Yeah, I would like to know an answer to all those questions?
    Newt Gingrich

I hadn't heard from them in a loooong time.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Trevor is still here (so ask him), I dont know if Rick or Shelley are even involved anymore.

Then there's Kurt & Tom.

If Ron Paul taught us anything, it is that success and failure cannot be so easily quantified.

Quote Originally Posted by silus View Post
    If Ron Paul taught us anything, it is that success and failure cannot be so easily quantified.
    but winning an election and losing money in a business seems like a sure yes/no.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice site. I had very high hopes for them at the outset. They seem to think that Rand and Peter are the only 'Liberty Candidates' in America though.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Nice site. I had very high hopes for them at the outset. They seem to think that Rand and Peter are the only 'Liberty Candidates' in America though.
    didn't trevor at one point promote a page which listed lots of Congressional candidates?

didn't trevor at one point promote a page which listed lots of Congressional candidates?
    I think so. When Gigi Bowman was doing the Liberty Candidates events, he held one on the same day she did, and he listed...5? or was it 7? candidates total. When asked about State Legislature candidates, we never got a response. I figured it was his bailywick to operate as he pleased, but I do contend that he is awfully hyperopic.

If we want to restore freedom to America, the most important races are actually the State Legislatures and the County School Boards. Congress will never check themselves, the Founders left that up to the States. And electing School Boards who insist on teaching the Constitution are the only sure bet for long term freedom and prosperity.

This exclusive focus on the US Congress is a fire-and-a-miss. Sure, it'll make us feel a little better to have a couple of "our people" in Washington, but if we don't inundate the State legislatures, then the (at most) 5%-10% of "our people" who ever make it to DC won't be able to accomplish jack or squat. At least with pressure coming from the States, our 5% to 10% will be able to use that pressure as leverage against the establishment.

My biggest fear is that by 2014 we'll elect 12 or 15 congressmen, clink champagne glasses together, and then retire thinking that we've done something. I still have ony opened up a very few minds to the fact that the most important elections in 2010 are the State Legislatures, God help me convincing people that the MOST important offices from 2012 through 2050 are going to be the county school boards!

It's true. I know it's true. But my merely knowing it's true isn't going to help convince the so many of our number enraptured by the glamorous and expensive Congressional and Presidential races.

You want to fix this nation for the long-term and watch it STAY fixed? Inundate the County School Boards and enforce a curriculum to include the US and the State Constitutions, and teach that a citizen's primary civic duty is to FIRE any politician who disrespects it.

You won't get that with a dozen US House Reps and a few US Senators. You never will.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

The site looks good and is current. I would assume they are still active.
    "It's absolutely astounding...the Tea Party is one of the biggest movements in history, and every one we've been to has been FERTILE ground for our ideas." -TheTyke

Quote Originally Posted by LibertyMage View Post
    The site looks good and is current. I would assume they are still active.
    I agree the site does look good. The question though... Is it penetrating the market? Are they in the black or red? What are their future goals?

Basically, is the project moving forward?
    Newt Gingrich

Quote Originally Posted by mstrmac1 View Post
    I agree the site does look good. The question though... Is it penetrating the market?
    What market are you referring to?

Are they in the black or red?
    probably no debt, if they needed money they'd do what everybody does, ask for it.

What are their future goals?
    good question, ask them.

Basically, is the project moving forward?
    if by "moving forward" you mean, the original plan to provide an alternative media platform for TV, radio, not just online, then NO. Their height of success was when somebody on FoxNews wore their t-shirt, that was their 15 minutes of fame.

Another boost when Ron Paul sent an e-mail plugging them. THAT'S IT.

Since then (as far as I know, no way of knowing if they never talk about it), no new employees, no new programming, no plans to expand, no investors.

Co-founder Rick Williams, was last seen here
    http://www.dailynews.com/politics/ci_15168961
    &
    http://freedomslate.ning.com/

Both having to do with local office elections, not media or business.

SteveR

Breakthematrix. What a great name. I just started reading it. Will continue to read it. I hope it is not dead. If that name is dead we are in more trouble than I thought. We have got to break out of the behavior controls placed upon us by politicians, the media, the institution of religion, and large corporations if individual freedom and liberty is going to survive. We need more think tanks organized for the purpose of using our brains, grinding, searching for answers deep beneath the surface, not readily visible. How are we going to be able to fix our problems without serious brain grinding for the truth? The answers are out there, but if no one is looking they will not be found.

but winning an election and losing money in a business seems like a sure yes/no.
    The obvious is...obvious. Its when that specific thing is not attained, is it then failure? Not necessarily.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The obvious is...obvious. Its when that specific thing is not attained, is it then failure? Not necessarily.
    which was my question to begin with, HOW DO YOU MEASURE SUCCESS?

what point is asking the question if you don't know what you're asking?

can you think of a standard in which they can be considered successful ? (either today, or in theory for future references)

Never heard of it before...
    Quote Originally Posted by SWATH View Post
    ...ask him why he should be able to have a dick since he could rape someone with it, then kick him in the vagina for good measure so he'll remember it.
    Quote Originally Posted by fisharmor View Post
    If we could create a Department of Hookers and Blow that would keep these villains busy for their entire adult lives, and kept away from doing their stated jobs, I'd support that.

which was my question to begin with, HOW DO YOU MEASURE SUCCESS?

what point is asking the question if you don't know what you're asking?

can you think of a standard in which they can be considered successful ? (either today, or in theory for future references)
    No, because success is relative.

No, because success is relative.
    so what meaning is there in asking such a question?

Any project that has hot chicks in it is a glaring success

I always thought they needed to develop a cable channel if they were serious about becoming an alternative media. Maybe they have more opportunites these days to work out a deal with Netflix or comparable internet streaming companies now that many newer HD TVs come equipped to make streaming seemless for the masses.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    I always thought they needed to develop a cable channel if they were serious about becoming an alternative media.
    You are right, and they "thought about it".

They had a partnership with BCC, but they never produced (any sustainable quality) programming, so it was pointless.

Kevin Rose's "thebroken" has more views to this day.
    (as does Aaron Russo's film, this goes to show that quality of a film, even if recorded, gets viewed and appreciated over time, and live, constant programming isn't for everybody)

Maybe they have more opportunites these days to work out a deal with Netflix or comparable internet streaming companies now that many newer HD TVs come equipped to make streaming seemless for the masses.
    what good would that be if you don't have programs produced and ready to watch?

Netflix, hulu is for people who have the film made, and are looking for distributors (advertisers, promoters). It is unlike youtube, where you can create a channel and sit on it until you feel like making new videos.

Entirely 2 different attitudes and obligations.

Recent films on Hulu include : Six Degrees of Helter Skelter, High.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    You want to fix this nation for the long-term and watch it STAY fixed? Inundate the County School Boards and enforce a curriculum to include the US and the State Constitutions, and teach that a citizen's primary civic duty is to FIRE any politician who disrespects it.

You won't get that with a dozen US House Reps and a few US Senators. You never will.

Hear hear!! Very well said.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    look at Trevor's new project if people are wondering what he's doing next

http://peacerally.org/community/