Thread: "Libertarian" Koch brothers supported Trey Grayson over Rand Paul

"Libertarian" Koch brothers supported Trey Grayson over Rand Paul

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the quiet talk has been of an eventual governor's mansion run by trey grayson
    and if william johnson was the golden boy who recieved koch bros. monies in the
    senate race, then perhaps trey grayson is a second fiddle to the navy guy who seyz
    the right things by the rulebook the koch bros. go by & have gone by for years and more.

I wonder what kind of support this is talking about. It doesn't look like they gave Grayson any individual donations. They might have helped him in ways that are more difficult to track down. But if so, I wonder what, and I wonder how good of a source Lew Rockwell had for his claim.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I wonder what kind of support this is talking about. It doesn't look like they gave Grayson any individual donations. They might have helped him in ways that are more difficult to track down. But if so, I wonder what, and I wonder how good of a source Lew Rockwell had for his claim.
    The Koch people always set up entire webs of fake organizations that are constantly changing names to hide where their money is coming from.

All we need to know is that

1. they don't like us
    2. they are the ones providing the structure and marching orders for the tea parties now

Quote Originally Posted by legion View Post
    The Koch people always set up entire webs of fake organizations that are constantly changing names to hide where their money is coming from.
    I know that. So what's the organization in this instance, if there really is one? I'm not doubting it. But if we're going to say it, can't we at least get specific and point to what exactly they did?

All we need to know is that

1. they don't like us
    2. they are the ones providing the structure and marching orders for the tea parties now
    Oh, is that all we needed to know? Ok then. I was under the mistaken impression that, if we're going to claim that they backed Grayson, then we also need to know something that qualifies as evidence for that claim.

I believe "Koch Industries" gave a couple thousand to Grayson before the primary. I think that was the exact name, but it was on the campaign finance reports for the FEC.
    Interested in politics? Check out Red Racing Horses for daily updates on electoral politics, redistricting, and the presidential campaigns.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    I know that. So what's the organization in this instance, if there really is one? I'm not doubting it. But if we're going to say it, can't we at least get specific and point to what exactly they did?

Oh, is that all we needed to know? Ok then. I was under the mistaken impression that, if we're going to claim that they backed Grayson, then we also need to know something that qualifies as evidence for that claim.
    Is Lew Rockwell's word not good enough for you?

How about Koch Industries, as indicated by the opensecrets.org link in the blog post?

Where it says "UPDATE Thanks to Justin Raimondo for this, which—btw—is only a small part of their funding."

Did you miss that part?

Do you not read everything before you comment on it?

Is Lew Rockwell's word not good enough for you?
    Don't be ridiculous. Of course it's not good enough. What are we a bunch of sheep?

How about Koch Industries, as indicated by the opensecrets.org link in the blog post?
    Thanks. That's all I needed.

Do you not read everything before you comment on it?
    Not always. Apparently neither do you, since you didn't know about the Koch Industries funding as of your earlier response.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    the pitch "kentucky bill" had was closer to the koch bros. even though trey had GOP monies arrive
    after mitch had jim bunning exit the race prematurely. like who thought 'GO WILDCATs' would trounce
    the "corrupt machine + A.I.G" ad in terms of people who could possibly vote tea party or similar to ...???

We've always known the Kochtopus $#@!s were slimy opportunists, so I guess this is no surprise. The article is going on five months old, so it's probably not worth getting too upset about, but their apparent control of the Tea Parties is not a good sign.
    Quote Originally Posted by President John F. Kennedy
    And we must face the fact that the United States is neither omnipotent nor omniscient. That we are only 6% of the world's population, and that we cannot impose our will upon the other 94% of mankind. That we cannot right every wrong or reverse each adversity, and that therefore there cannot be an American solution to every world problem.
    I need an education in US history, from the ground up. Can you help point me to a comprehensive, unbiased, scholarly resource?

like are they total glenn beck fans & do they half~humour sarah palin the alaskan in a british manner? (CSPAN thoughts?)
    Last edited by Aratus; 08-28-2010 at 11:43 AM. Reason: are they now running glenn beck for the presidency in say 2016 if in 2012 we see sarah palin trump mitt romney and ron paul?

This is old news. The Kochs are etablishment types. Yeah they might lean libertarian but they are not very staunch. In fact they are more Republican than anything else.They like the club.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

i just gotta LUV our lil ole LIBERTY HOBBIT for being apt + succinct on certain days.
    in the interum, trey greyson did sorta shift a few more degrees to the political right.
    thah Koch bros went out of their way to hobble & hamstring Rand's 2o1o senate run.

DEAR MATT --- they ARE the club!
    Senator Mitch is just an interloper!