Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: LGBT activists accuse Target corp. of bigotry.

LGBT activists accuse Target corp. of bigotry.

YouTube - Bigotry Special at Target

No article, just a video uploaded by the cameraman.
    A group of LGBT protesters took a megaphone into a target store, spouting to customers they are supporting bigotry and discrimination for shopping at target. This is because Target donated $150,000 dollars to the campaign of a republican candidate who doesn't support gay marriage.

Now, I was thinking. "Ok fair enough, even though I don't agree with gay marriage, I can see where they are getting at." But then they start using profanities, and the end of the video was what made me take them not seriously. They said the $150,000 dollars should have went towards ***** youth or transgender services.

Now I'll be fair, just like how closed minded liberals try to use evangelical Christians to discredit any argument a conservative has, even if said conservative isn't religious or regularly practices a faith, this group obviously doesn't represent the entire gay population, but I think it conveys how arrogant these kind of people are. You can observe this in the smirk the lesbian in the front of the Cameraman has, as if she's righteous.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

We cannot defend freedom abroad by deserting it at home.
    - Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

How to trigger a liberal: "I didn't get vaccinated."

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Said it before will say it once again. Their entire ideological outlook is not "equality" but "conquer". The leasons from ancient Greece, Rome and Weimar/Nazi Germany are very clear. They are RECRUITERS, they want to recruit the individual and the collective to their homosexuality, the heteros are REPRODUCERS we just want a mate to carry on the species.

This, and their unity, is what makes them such powerful New World Order weapons.

Another leason of History is that feminine-homosexuals (femmes) and the masculine-homosexuals (butch) are allies up to a point, but after they complete their objective of making society bowing down to their demands, they ALWAYS end up separating and having an ugly "homosexual civil war". The masculine-homosexuals absolutly despise everything that is "feminine", women (hetero or lesbians) and feminine-homosexuals. The "butch" faction always wins and the result is a decadent, dysfunctional, facist, militarist, warmongering society that is obssesed with all things "manly" and "virile" and "warrior" and all that hyper-masculine stuff...

This book is the truth and nothing but the truth, you can dismiss it as "typical evangelical-christian paranoia against homosexuals" all you want but its the truth and nothing but the truth: http://www.defendthefamily.com/pfrc/...on_-_final.htm

Organized homosexuality is one of the greatest dangers of Mankind.

PS - Buy at Target!
    Last edited by 00_Pete; 08-23-2010 at 05:25 AM.
    “The Bible says that the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous. It is high time that we have top Christian businessmen, businesswomen, bankers, you know, who are men and women of integrity, running the economics of our nations. That’s what we are waiting for. - Pastor Thomas Muthee (Palin personal friend), Wasilla Assembly of God (2005)

(Disclaimer: Obviously the forum owners dictate the rules but if it depends on me you are allowed to insult me in any way, shape or form.)

Quote Originally Posted by 00_Pete View Post
    Said it before will say it once again. Their entire ideological outlook is not "equality" but "conquer". The leasons from ancient Greece, Rome and Weimar/Nazi Germany are very clear. They are RECRUITERS, they want to recruit the individual and the collective to their homosexuality, the heteros are REPRODUCERS we just want a mate to carry on the species.

This, and their unity, is what makes them such powerful New World Order weapons.

Another leason of History is that feminine-homosexuals (femmes) and the masculine-homosexuals (butch) are allies up to a point, but after they complete their objective of making society bowing down to their demands, they ALWAYS end up separating and having an ugly "homosexual civil war". The masculine-homosexuals absolutly despise everything that is "feminine", women (hetero or lesbians) and feminine-homosexuals. The "butch" faction always wins and the result is a decadent, dysfunctional, facist, militarist, warmongering society that is obssesed with all things "manly" and "virile" and "warrior" and all that hyper-masculine stuff...

This book is the truth and nothing but the truth, you can dismiss it as "typical evangelical-christian paranoia against homosexuals" all you want but its the truth and nothing but the truth: http://www.defendthefamily.com/pfrc/...on_-_final.htm

Organized homosexuality is one of the greatest dangers of Mankind.
    lmao

Pete tell us more about how "tradition" is infallible and unquestionably right as a matter of science.

~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

"The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

Quote Originally Posted by RedStripe View Post
    lmao

Pete tell us more about how "tradition" is infallible and unquestionably right as a matter of science.
    Our traditions (aka leasons from thousands of years of the process of trial-and-error) tells us that homosexuals belong inside the closet. Why? Because every civilization that turned homosexual exists not longer. Its that simple.

Another fact most people dont know, the main reason why armies dont allowed homosexuals in their ranks its not because they are "girly" (femme-homosexuals dont want anything to do with anything military) but because they are blood-thristy, violent savages. This is one of the many FACTS about homosexuality that we are deprived of.

The Nazi Brown Shirts (completly homosexual) were such violent savages that the only time the Wermacht had guts to stand up to Hitler was to say to him "Either them or us"...this is one of the reasons why the Night of the Long Knifes happened.
    Last edited by 00_Pete; 08-23-2010 at 05:37 AM.
    “The Bible says that the wealth of the wicked is stored up for the righteous. It is high time that we have top Christian businessmen, businesswomen, bankers, you know, who are men and women of integrity, running the economics of our nations. That’s what we are waiting for. - Pastor Thomas Muthee (Palin personal friend), Wasilla Assembly of God (2005)

(Disclaimer: Obviously the forum owners dictate the rules but if it depends on me you are allowed to insult me in any way, shape or form.)

Quote Originally Posted by 00_Pete View Post
    Our traditions (aka leasons from thousands of years of the process of trial-and-error) tells us that homosexuals belong inside the closet. Why? Because every civilization that turned homosexual exists not longer. Its that simple.

Another fact most people dont know, the main reason why armies dont allowed homosexuals in their ranks its not because they are "girly" (femme-homosexuals dont want anything to do with anything military) but because they are blood-thristy, violent savages. This is one of the many FACTS about homosexuality that we are deprived of.

The Nazi Brown Shirts (completly homosexual) were such violent savages that the only time the Wermacht had guts to stand up to Hitler was to say to him "Either them or us"...this is one of the reasons why the Night of the Long Knifes happened.
    I like this guy, he's not afraid to speak politically incorrectly.
    A savage barbaric tribal society where thugs parade the streets and illegally assault and murder innocent civilians, yeah that is the alternative to having police. Oh wait, that is the police

- Edward R. Murrow

...I think we have moral obligations to disobey unjust laws, because non-cooperation with evil is as much as a moral obligation as cooperation with good. - MLK Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by Warrior_of_Freedom View Post
    A group of LGBT protesters took a megaphone into a target store, spouting to customers they are supporting bigotry and discrimination for shopping at target. This is because Target donated $150,000 dollars to the campaign of a republican candidate who doesn't support gay marriage.
    I don't support gay marriage either.
    The LGBT just gained a bunch more enemies by their little stunt.
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by FrankRep View Post
    I don't support gay marriage either.
    The LGBT just gained a bunch more enemies by their little stunt.
    Yes, as a matter of fact I think I'm going to go shopping at Target today

- Edward R. Murrow

Seriously, I don't have a problem with LGBT folks doing what they like, but I am opposed to government-sponsored gay marriage as I am also opposed to government-sponsored straight marriage -- and licensing gay marriage is throwing the car into reverse from the direction we actually need to go.

As for Target and these several protests, while I support people's right to protest I am disgusted by how they are protesting here and I think I, too, will go buy something at Target today just to spit in the faces of these self-righteous hooligans.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    Seriously, I don't have a problem with LGBT folks doing what they like, but I am opposed to government-sponsored gay marriage as I am also opposed to government-sponsored straight marriage -- and licensing gay marriage is throwing the car into reverse from the direction we actually need to go.

As for Target and these several protests, while I support people's right to protest I am disgusted by how they are protesting here and I think I, too, will go buy something at Target today just to spit in the faces of these self-righteous hooligans.
    Several protests? There are more?

- Edward R. Murrow

Several protests? There are more?
    Oh yeah. And the impetus is from moveon.org. See here for example:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257927

As relayed by our own Danke.

This clip is at least a little funny:

YouTube - Target Ain't People

Nevertheless it is still disruptive, annoying, and bad practice in the way of a protest.

If they think they are helping their position, at least from where I sit, they are not.

They are making me angry, and riling me up to the point where I may one day (soon) actively oppose their primary effort, where currently I am (at best) apathetic about it.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Oh yeah. And the impetus is from moveon.org. See here for example:

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=257927

As relayed by our own Danke.

This clip is at least a little funny:

snip

Nevertheless it is still disruptive, annoying, and bad practice in the way of a protest.

If they think they are helping their position, at least from where I sit, they are not.

They are making me angry, and riling me up to the point where I may one day (soon) actively oppose their primary effort, where currently I am (at best) apathetic about it.
    Eh, this one actually bothers me less, because they aren't saying profanities over a megaphone and targeting the customers with solicitation (passing out their bigotry coupons) I don't think any of the customers knew what the hell they were talking about though lol. Sounds like the gays need to move on with their lives. I hope target doesn't stand for this $#@!. They don't owe anybody an apology.
    Last edited by Warrior_of_Freedom; 08-23-2010 at 06:30 AM.

- Edward R. Murrow

Yeah this is moveon.org and HRC

2 organizations who are always looking to make a mountain out of a mole hill in an effort to bring in more donations. They are the zealots of the liberal world. Don't judge everyone by their actions.

The whole thing was sparked by Targets donations to Mr Emmer who in turn had donated to a christian punk rock band (i think that is an oxymoron) The lead singer of the band had made some comments about muslims knowing how to take care of gays (aka execution)

http://minnesotaindependent.com/5933...to-you-can-run
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

ROFL! That was the gayest protest I've ever seen.

On another note, did Target actually give a candidate $150,000 or did they make an ad buy for said candidate, or was that $150k just from people who listed their employer as Target?

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    Yeah this is moveon.org and HRC

2 organizations who are always looking to make a mountain out of a mole hill in an effort to bring in more donations. They are the zealots of the liberal world. Don't judge everyone by their actions.

The whole thing was sparked by Targets donations to Mr Emmer who in turn had donated to a christian punk rock band (i think that is an oxymoron) The lead singer of the band had made some comments about muslims knowing how to take care of gays (aka execution)

http://minnesotaindependent.com/5933...to-you-can-run
    I'm just saying, it would be in the best interest of the LGBT community to start policing their own, as I am starting to move from "neutral" to "actively opposed" behind this nonsense, and I am quite sure that I am not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by TonySutton View Post
    ...christian punk rock band (i think that is an oxymoron)...[/url]
    I agree, the Bible didnt had financial backing while the whole punk rock movement was blessed by Wall Street, Bankers and the intertainment industry (who cleaverly disguised the whole thing as "anti establishment".

I hate it when Christians try to be "cool". I dont need that, today you are the real "counter-culture".

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    ROFL! That was the gayest protest I've ever seen.

On another note, did Target actually give a candidate $150,000 or did they make an ad buy for said candidate, or was that $150k just from people who listed their employer as Target?
    As far as I know, Target gave $150k to a PAC who in turn gave $11k to a specific candidate that moveon.org did not like.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That's pretty $#@!ed up. Target went through great strides to actively employ transgendered individuals. And THIS is how they get treated?
    Maxed out to ALL of Ron Paul's campaigns.

Listen to Liberty Tree Radio! ::

Pro-Liberty, Pro-Gun, Pro-Militia Radio 5 days a week, 10 LIVE HRS TALK RADIO PER DAY!

http://www.libertytreeradio.4mg.com

http://www.themicroeffect.com (8A - 11A EST daily)

http://www.live365.com/stations/edtheak47 (3 PM- 9 PM EST daily)

Organize, Arm, Equip, and Train as a Militia !

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    That's pretty $#@!ed up. Target went through great strides to actively employ transgendered individuals. And THIS is how they get treated?
    I think it's kinda funny. All of the people I know who go to Target to shop go there because it's not WalMart.

"Target treats its employees better because its prices are higher!"

Yeah... Heaven knows these people represent every LGBT person.

Honestly, I expected better from people who are quite used to plants and extremists within their own movement used against them to paint the picture of "kooks." The underlying issues, though, are quite clear among all the backlash chatter.

The "protest" style was not really a protest. It was an invasion of private property for the express purpose of bothering the customers who were there that day. Those customers had nothing to do with the decision by Target to fund a PAC that funded a candidate that swallowed a spider that wriggled and wiggled and tickled... yeah, it's one of those. Those customers were probably trying to get through their shopping and get home. Target is not exactly the greatest place to hang out. Target would have been absolutely within their rights to remove these people, especially when profanity is being used and the tone is so hostile.

The fundamental "rights" battlecry wore thin before it ever really took off. That's because, as opposed to the Equal Rights Movement, or even the Women's Rights Movement, the Gay Rights Movement had very few reasonable demands, and strayed from them right away. It's reasonable to want to visit your loved ones in the hospital (and some were barred because they weren't a lawful spouse). It's reasonable to want to be the one to make decisions on behalf of that loved one. It's reasonable to want to share insurance and to want to be accepted by your peers and all that. The real problem, though, is that rather than approach hospitals and have them change their policies, or rather than spearhead a movement to get legally ironclad living wills done at early ages so that power of attorney is established, and rather than lobbying insurance companies to consider changing their policies to allow you to tack anyone onto the policy with which you can prove a relationship of interest (even a roommate, I'd argue, or a grown sibling)... instead of any of that, a certain group has decided to go out and try to become an endangered species. Protection, legislation, and force used to make people "accept" you is not going to make you friends.

The "police their own" language is silly. It sounds like how every Muslim is responsible for those who took down the Twin Towers in the eyes of some, or every Catholic is responsible for child-molesting priests, or every woman is responsible for the NOW types who won't even write "woman" because it contains "man." Guilt by association is ridiculous. I don't have the name of every LGBT to run out and start telling them what to do. I don't have the authority or the strength to go around and police every action, deciding which are "too gay" or which are alright or which are counterproductive. We depend on individuals to decide that for themselves, and to face the consequences. I doubt sincerely this will have any impact either way on Target's bottom line, especially now during Back to School season. These videos are mostly popular on websites like this one, but in reality most people have never seen them, and an even slimmer portion of those that have, care enough to change their shopping habits over it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by pacelli View Post
    Yeah, that's part of my point. Bending over backwards is not enough. Moreons.org will not be happy until Target is holding customers at gunpoint and forcing them to perform homosexual acts, it would seem. Of course it's all a ruse -- Moreons.org doesn't actually care about the gay community, they are just using that as a cover to oppose "non-democrats." Still, these folks are willing to allow themselves to be used as a ruse, because it gives them publicity -- nevermind that they are attacking one of their biggest friends in the commercial world. Hypocrisy much? Hypocrisy is my #1 biggest pet peeve. As far as I am concerned, they can all go to hell. The issue-activist LGBT community is shooting themselves in the foot by participating in this, and if they don't get off their arse and start trying to put things right, then they will deserve what they get IMNSHO.

Yeah, that's part of my point. Bending over backwards is not enough. Moreons.org will not be happy until Target is holding customers at gunpoint and forcing them to perform homosexual acts, it would seem. Of course it's all a ruse -- Moreons.org doesn't actually care about the gay community, they are just using that as a cover to oppose "non-democrats." Still, these folks are willing to allow themselves to be used as a ruse, because it gives them publicity -- nevermind that they are attacking one of their biggest friends in the commercial world. Hypocrisy much? Hypocrisy is my #1 biggest pet peeve. As far as I am concerned, they can all go to hell. The issue-activist LGBT community is shooting themselves in the foot by participating in this, and if they don't get off their arse and start trying to put things right, then they will deserve what they get IMNSHO.
    Yeah, I didn't see the LGBT people complaining when corporations gave millions to Mr. Obama.

- Edward R. Murrow

Quote Originally Posted by Jordan View Post
    I think it's kinda funny. All of the people I know who go to Target to shop go there because it's not WalMart.
    "Target treats its employees better because its prices are higher!"
    That has actually been shown to be false, in many markets walmart pays better and offers better benefits packages than target.
    Last edited by specsaregood; 08-23-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That has actually been shown to be false, than in many markets walmart pays better and offers better benefits packages than target.
    Benefits including free government health care.

- Edward R. Murrow

Benefits including free government health care.
    I wasn't including that; but yeah sure. The target employees are just as guilty of taking state handouts.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    That has actually been shown to be false, in many markets walmart pays better and offers better benefits packages than target.
    Yeah, I know, that's the funny part.

WalMart pays more per hour for front line employees than most "upscale" brands like Starbucks, Border's Book store, etc.

Besides, WalMart is great about hiring from within. If you have any brains whatsoever and put in your fair share of time, you'll advance quite quickly.

Wal-Mart Management Salary Scale

Asset Protection Coordinator- $38,500 - 55,000

Assistant Manager - 38,000 - 65,000

People Manager (HR) - 38,000 - 75,000

Co-Manager - 60,000-120,000

Store Manager - 80,000 - 300,000 with bonuses etc.

Market Merchandisers (Electronics, Grocery, Fashion, TLE) - 85,000 - 110,000

Market Asset Protection, Human Resource - 85,000 - 115,000

Market Manager - 142,000 - 400,000

Not bad...

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    Yeah... Heaven knows these people represent every LGBT person.

Honestly, I expected better from people who are quite used to plants and extremists within their own movement used against them to paint the picture of "kooks." The underlying issues, though, are quite clear among all the backlash chatter.
    Sure, just like one racist Rand Pauler represents every Paul supporter -- oh wait -- the Rand Paul people stood up and denounced that idiot and exposed him as a plant...

Silence is perceived as acceptance. Why are we held to a higher standard than the left? Why are we expected to denounce the Don Blacks or get painted as racist, but the left has no such obligation on themselves?

It's either one way or the other. The same standard must apply to all people or it's hypocrisy. Either nobody has any reason to call out and denounce their fringe elements, or everybody does. This notion that Paulers and Tea Partiers have an obligation to denounce their radical fringes, but the socialists and the activist LGBT people do not is an outrage.

The "protest" style was not really a protest. It was an invasion of private property for the express purpose of bothering the customers who were there that day. Those customers had nothing to do with the decision by Target to fund a PAC that funded a candidate that swallowed a spider that wriggled and wiggled and tickled... yeah, it's one of those. Those customers were probably trying to get through their shopping and get home. Target is not exactly the greatest place to hang out. Target would have been absolutely within their rights to remove these people, especially when profanity is being used and the tone is so hostile.

The fundamental "rights" battlecry wore thin before it ever really took off. That's because, as opposed to the Equal Rights Movement, or even the Women's Rights Movement, the Gay Rights Movement had very few reasonable demands, and strayed from them right away. It's reasonable to want to visit your loved ones in the hospital (and some were barred because they weren't a lawful spouse). It's reasonable to want to be the one to make decisions on behalf of that loved one. It's reasonable to want to share insurance and to want to be accepted by your peers and all that. The real problem, though, is that rather than approach hospitals and have them change their policies, or rather than spearhead a movement to get legally ironclad living wills done at early ages so that power of attorney is established, and rather than lobbying insurance companies to consider changing their policies to allow you to tack anyone onto the policy with which you can prove a relationship of interest (even a roommate, I'd argue, or a grown sibling)... instead of any of that, a certain group has decided to go out and try to become an endangered species. Protection, legislation, and force used to make people "accept" you is not going to make you friends.
    I am in 100% full agreement with every element above.

The "police their own" language is silly. It sounds like how every Muslim is responsible for those who took down the Twin Towers in the eyes of some, or every Catholic is responsible for child-molesting priests, or every woman is responsible for the NOW types who won't even write "woman" because it contains "man." Guilt by association is ridiculous. I don't have the name of every LGBT to run out and start telling them what to do. I don't have the authority or the strength to go around and police every action, deciding which are "too gay" or which are alright or which are counterproductive. We depend on individuals to decide that for themselves, and to face the consequences. I doubt sincerely this will have any impact either way on Target's bottom line, especially now during Back to School season. These videos are mostly popular on websites like this one, but in reality most people have never seen them, and an even slimmer portion of those that have, care enough to change their shopping habits over it.
    And yet it's true. The "Tea Parties" are expected to police their own, and in fact they do. Countless times have the Tea parties laid on to racists and expelled them or exposed them or ostracized them. The Ron Paul movement is expected to police our own, and in fact we do. When people stand up and make an ass out of the rest of us, we do not hesitate to call them out and tell them to shut up and sit down.

I am not talking about tracking every individual down and telling them what they can and cannot do, and I have never even insinuated such, but when people start behaving in an ugly fashion for a cause that you share, it becomes important to say publicly and loudly "I dissent" or the mindless sheeple will paint everyone with the same broad brush.

Why is it that the so-called "radical right" of the Tea Party and Ron Paul people are expected, even required to do this, but the "radical left" is 'just people' with no such expectation? It's not the act of policing or not policing that pisses me off, it's the double-standard. I despise hypocrisy with every fiber of my being.

Now the left goes off about a donation to Ron Paul from Don Black and the owner of a "house of ill repute," and they go off about a donation to Rand Paul from a soft-core website, but when you bring things up to them it "Oh that doesn't apply to US" BULL$#@!!

What's good for the goose is good for the gander. If we have to worry about our fringe elements, then they have to worry about theirs. If they shouldn't have to worry about their fringe elements, then we shouldn't have the worry about ours.

Frankly the whole notion of having to expel the fringe elements is absurd, but as long as the opposition to smaller constitutional government continues to wallow in hypocrisy, then I will continue to call them on it.

Sure, just like one racist Rand Pauler represents every Paul supporter -- oh wait -- the Rand Paul people stood up and denounced that idiot and exposed him as a plant...

Silence is perceived as acceptance. Why are we held to a higher standard than the left? Why are we expected to denounce the Don Blacks or get painted as racist, but the left has no such obligation on themselves?
    Guess what? The group is still painted as racist. The group is still painted as fringe. More people think that the group is a bunch of white bigots than know anything about a plant within the movement. You're holding YOURSELF to a high standard, and some of the people who race to "help" are doing more to hinder and harm than the original smearers.

Jumping up and pointing to a hardly-talked-about video and saying "OMG I'm not like that!" merely draws more attention to it. Most of these things are things I would not hear about, except for these forums. I will not reach the people involved, who were shopping at Target at the time. I will certainly not reach people who already believe LGBT's are some sort of swarming group that thinks uniformly across the boards. What I will do, instead, is actually continue to make things logical and the deck less stacked, rather than get distracted into a war of words to try to convince the unconvincable. It's a trap, and yeah, a lot of people in this movement fall into it.

"Racists!" "I'm not racist! See? There's a black person over there who agrees with Rand Paul, too! That means he can't be racist!" In the meantime, what gets done?

The people you're talking about make a living distracting from other issues, and drawing attention to whatever superficial issue they wave in front of our noses. I can guarantee you they adore it whenever they get counterprotestors. Haven't you ever noticed that the news covers it more when there are two sides out protesting? Here's the pro-Target *****s and the anti-Target *****s, and in other news the local football team is looking good and it'll be mostly cloudy with a chance of rain and (oh by the way the Government still owns you, but look at the funny gay people)...

The whole process would move along much faster if, rather than standing around denouncing things and pointing fingers, people did something about the problems. Pull the rug out from under the activists. People whine less when their problems are solved, though they'll still whine that it wasn't done their way.

Just my $0.02, but I guess I need to go start doing YouTube videos. I'm going to be very busy. I have a lot of groups I happen to be a part of (by no fault of my own, actually) that I need to denounce activities for. The US, military families, children of Government workers, Hispanics, LGBT's, Christians, non-native English speakers, women with tans, women in general, members of the media....
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

So is this campaign contribution just from the CEO, or done in the name of Target? Honestly, i really do not care, but companies aren't people (well, they weren't until the Citizens United case....).

Quote Originally Posted by silentshout View Post
    So is this campaign contribution just from the CEO, or done in the name of Target? Honestly, i really do not care, but companies aren't people (well, they weren't until the Citizens United case....).
    You can thank the 14th Amendment for that.

HowStuffWorks "The 14th Amendment and Artificial Personhood"
    http://money.howstuffworks.com/corporation-person1.htm
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

Quote Originally Posted by silentshout View Post
    From Target to a Pac for a tv ad. Target did this because the candidate is seen as pro business. Unfortunately the candidate had given some money to a christian punk rock band who's lead singer made some harsh statements regarding gays.

Personally I consider the whole mess a distraction.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast