Thread: 2010 WY Primary

2010 WY Primary

LOL! The voters struggle deciding on a Republican candidate for governor. The percentage of vote for the top three candidates is pretty evenly split.

With 99% of the precincts reporting:

Matt Mead 28,491 28.9%
    Rita Meyer 27,241 27.6%
    Ron Micheli 26,239 26.6%
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 08-17-2010 at 10:33 PM.
    Truth Drives Me

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Who (if any) is the liberty candidate in the roster?

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    Who (if any) is the liberty candidate in the roster?
    None of them.
    Truth Drives Me

Quote Originally Posted by tpreitzel View Post
    None of them.
    You mean that the Free State Wyoming folks didn't run their own candidate?

The plan for WY's liberty conversion laid out in Boston T. Party's novel Molon Labe! will take quite a while to come to fruition at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by BuddyRey View Post
    You mean that the Free State Wyoming folks didn't run their own candidate?

The plan for WY's liberty conversion laid out in Boston T. Party's novel Molon Labe! will take quite a while to come to fruition at this rate.
    I guess not, but I haven't checked. Colin Simpson was probably the least objectionable choice for governor and received ~ 16% of the vote.
    Last edited by tpreitzel; 08-17-2010 at 10:56 PM.
    Truth Drives Me

Ron Micheli was by far the best. He was endorsed by Sheriff Richard Mack.

Quote Originally Posted by RPgrassrootsactivist View Post
    Ron Micheli was by far the best. He was endorsed by Sheriff Richard Mack.
    I'm not so sure ...

However, I did vote for Micheli because I thought he had the best chance. Wyoming is still a member of the good ole' boy club regardless of Mack's endorsement of Micheli.
    Truth Drives Me

Ron Micheli was seen as the liberty candidate by everyone in the state. Endorsed by the hard-core Wyo. Gun Owners Assoc., and saying all the right things about standing up to the feddies, cutting spending, the constitution, etc.

Also, thousands of state employees in Cheyenne changed registration from Dem to Repub just to vote for Mead and keep Micheli out. That cemented in my mind that he was a threat to the establishment.

Everyone who talked to me about the governor race had their stories synced: Mead was the RINO, Micheli was the radical pro-freedom anti-government conservative.

Now, all that said, I didn't actually know anything about Micheli, just the scuttlebutt, the word on the street. Only just now did I look him up and I see he's been in politics for forever and is no Ron Paul. That is, if you look at his voting record you would see apparent randomness, voting for taxes here, against taxes there, no underlying principles evinced. So he was saying the right things (now), but if he had been elected, he probably would have been a disappointment.

Anyway, after Mead won, the conservatives were mad. They weren't going to vote for this plastic man. About two weeks before the election (literally!), about 100 signs popped up around Gillette directing us to write in one Taylor Haynes. Haynes is, or is seen as, a hard-core, anti-government, state-sovereignity conservative, just as Micheli was seen as. So he was the new liberty candidate. With this ridiculous last-minute write-in campaign, he got....

7% of the vote!
    So there clearly is a market for this kind of message in Wyoming.
    Last edited by helmuth_hubener; 12-29-2014 at 01:07 PM.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes, BuddyRey, the Free State Wyoming is not exactly on the fast track.