Thread: What Freedoms Have we Lost Under Obama?

What Freedoms Have we Lost Under Obama? Surely there's more than 3!

Let's compile a list of the freedoms we've lost under Obama. I'll add your ideas to this list as y'all think of stuff.

Here's our list so far:

Last edited by K466; 01-27-2011 at 12:26 PM. Reason: Adding to List
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    No longer needing a trial to be executed?

Because of the whole assasination thing.
    Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system. - Bruce Lee

Privacy in personal e-mail.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

apparently it's ok to threaten a 15 year old prisoner with rape to get some information.

Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Privacy in personal e-mail.
    Could you give more detail?

I'm hoping to cite how we specifically lost these freedoms under Obama, if possible.

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    Could you give more detail?

I'm hoping to cite how we specifically lost these freedoms under Obama, if possible.
    Here's some links:

http://lsdimension.wordpress.com/201...-mail-privacy/

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/2010/04/emailprivacy/

The legal dust-up, unsealed late Tuesday, concerns a 1986 law that already allows the government to obtain a suspect’s e-mail from an ISP or webmail provider without a probable-cause warrant, once it’s been stored for 180 days or more. The government now contends it can get e-mail under 180-days old if that e-mail has been read by the owner, and the Constitution’s Fourth Amendment protections don’t apply.

Read More http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...#ixzz0wVimkcNY
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

Thanks!

I wasn't aware of this one, for some reason. Now I'm angry (again).

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Yes the email one went largely unnoticed here no these boards and I could not figure out why.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by aravoth View Post
    apparently it's ok to threaten a 15 year old prisoner with rape to get some information.
    hm? When did that happen?

Quote Originally Posted by LibertarianfromGermany View Post
    hm? When did that happen?
    http://motherjones.com/rights-stuff/...-detainee-rape

Judge admitted his "confession."

Bump....I'm sure there are a half dozen more to add to the list.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

TSA groping.

Also, didn't the No Fly List start under this current administration?
    "I shall bring justice to Westeros. Every man shall reap what he has sown, from the highest lord to the lowest gutter rat. They have made my kingdom bleed, and I do not forget that."
    -Stannis Baratheon

Bush was responsible for most of what has been mentioned (health care mandate excepted)

Higher taxes = fewer rights to private property.
    Last edited by kah13176; 01-15-2011 at 02:09 AM.
    "It is not enough these days to simply question authority. You must speak with it, too."
    -Taylor Mali

"It does not take a majority to prevail, but rather an irate, tireless minority keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men."
    -Samuel Adams

Cell phones and all information therein contained is searchable if you are arrested.

We're being governed ruled by a geriatric Alzheimer patient/puppet whose strings are being pulled by an elitist oligarchy who believe they can manage the world... imagine the utter maniacal, sociopathic hubris!

Working on attacking the internet the recent FCC illegal power grab. And Obama's plan with the commerce department further intrudes on the internet.

Something that is working flawlessly and every American has access to.....once government gets involved it will barely work and will cost a fortune...and will be declared a national crisis.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    your driveway is no longer private property-

''Government agents can sneak onto your property in the middle of the night, put a GPS device on the bottom of your car and keep track of everywhere you go. This doesn't violate your Fourth Amendment rights, because you do not have any reasonable expectation of privacy in your own driveway — and no reasonable expectation that the government isn't tracking your movements.

Read more: http://www.time.com/time/nation/arti...013150,00.html

Caught Spying on Student, FBI Demands GPS Tracker Back
    By Kim Zetter October 7, 2010 | 10:13 pm | Categories: Surveillance
    A California student got a visit from the FBI this week after he found a secret GPS tracking device on his car, and a friend posted photos of it online. The post prompted wide speculation about whether the device was real, whether the young Arab-American was being targeted in a terrorism investigation and what the authorities would do.

It took just 48 hours to find out: The device was real, the student was being secretly tracked and the FBI wanted its expensive device back, the student told Wired.com in an interview Wednesday.

The answer came when half-a-dozen FBI agents and police officers appeared at Yasir Afifi’s apartment complex in Santa Clara, California, on Tuesday demanding he return the device.

Afifi, a 20-year-old U.S.-born citizen, cooperated willingly and said he’d done nothing to merit attention from authorities. Comments the agents made during their visit suggested he’d been under FBI surveillance for three to six months.

An FBI spokesman wouldn’t acknowledge that the device belonged to the agency or that agents appeared at Afifi’s house.

“I can’t really tell you much about it, because it’s still an ongoing investigation,” said spokesman Pete Lee, who works in the agency’s San Francisco headquarters.

Afifi, the son of an Islamic-American community leader who died a year ago in Egypt, is one of only a few people known to have found a government-tracking device on their vehicle.

His discovery comes in the wake of a recent ruling by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals saying it’s legal for law enforcement to secretly place a tracking device on a suspect’s car without getting a warrant, even if the car is parked in a private driveway.

http://www.wired.com/threatlevel/201...acking-device/
    Last edited by teacherone; 01-15-2011 at 06:32 AM.
    Those Who Do Not Move, Do Not Notice Their Chains.

You are giving President Obama far too much credit. His agenda is Agenda 21. The powers-that-be march onward while their media minions keep the people divided between left/right, liberal/conservative, Democrat/Republican.
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan

Ahhh... I'm a little late to the party... I'll respond to the new comments here:

Quote Originally Posted by Kregisen View Post
    Bump....I'm sure there are a half dozen more to add to the list.
    Yep- thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm View Post
    TSA groping.

Also, didn't the No Fly List start under this current administration?
    The TSA- yes. I thought the no fly list came during Bush's reign?

Quote Originally Posted by cindy25 View Post
    Bush was responsible for most of what has been mentioned (health care mandate excepted)
    Is that referring to the comments or the original post?

Quote Originally Posted by kah13176 View Post
    Higher taxes = fewer rights to private property.
    True, but that didn't start under Obama.

Quote Originally Posted by Pauls' Revere View Post
    Cell phones and all information therein contained is searchable if you are arrested.
    Can you get me some links to go with that?

Quote Originally Posted by Stary Hickory View Post
    Working on attacking the internet the recent FCC illegal power grab. And Obama's plan with the commerce department further intrudes on the internet.
    Good one... If someone could help me out with supportive links that'd be great.

Quote Originally Posted by teacherone View Post
    your driveway is no longer private property-

Excellent for the list... thanks.

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

You can't buy drinks containing both alcohol and caffeine.

Indefinite preventative detention...
    "Integrity means having to say things that people don't want to hear & especially to say things that the regime doesn't want to hear.” -Ron Paul

"Bathtub falls and police officers kill more Americans than terrorism, yet we've been asked to sacrifice our most sacred rights for fear of falling victim to it." -Edward Snowden