Thread: Only 49% of voters even heard of Schiff!!!

Only 49% of voters even heard of Schiff!!!

How does one of these sheep have the audacity to walk into a voting booth....NOT KNOWING who the candidates are...

being IGNORANT is one thing.....but to be ignorant, and then show up to vote in spite of your admitted ignorance......is really sick..

if the other 51% had heard of Peter, he doubles his numbers and beats Mcmahon...what a shame.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

See my thread. Exams are NEEDED.

People don't understand the power of the media. McMahon IS the media.

The media is the message.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

This is why Schiff lost. I truely believe that if he would have introduced himself to the majority of the CT people he would have won. That is where his campaign sucked. 3 million should have done that.

You are taking this the wrong way. He gets 22 percent of the vote among the GOP in a State such as CT and only half the voters heard of him, yet a large portion of them liked his message. Now that is just ...amazing! This Ron Paul Revolution is really catching on!

Quote Originally Posted by klamath View Post
    This is why Schiff lost. I truely believe that if he would have introduced himself to the majority of the CT people he would have won. That is where his campaign sucked. 3 million should have done that.
    Not in CT. This is an extremely expensive state for everything including advertising, especially since it's so close to NYC and Boston. Schiff would have needed at least $10 million to blanket the state with ads for an extended period of time. Think about it, a lot of the $3 million was spent in the last 2 weeks prior to the election, so if he wanted to have the same consistency of advertising he would have needed a lot more money.

He did not even need to fully double his numbers. A jump to 40 percent would have been enough. He needed at least 80% name recognition.

This is where 2012 has a good advantage. We’ll need less money than otherwise in 2012 because his name recognition is up from <2% to almost 50%. We did not waste money this time around. It laid the foundation.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Listen: I've done a bit of television marketing in CT. Drop it. You are WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraisWisdom View Post
    Not in CT. This is an extremely expensive state for everything including advertising, especially since it's so close to NYC and Boston. Schiff would have needed at least $10 million to blanket the state with ads for an extended period of time. Think about it, a lot of the $3 million was spent in the last 2 weeks prior to the election, so if he wanted to have the same consistency of advertising he would have needed a lot more money.
    Nope, don't buy it. That was just the problem. spending the 3 million at the last. He should have spent it last fall getting his name recognition up. His poll numbers would have jumped and people would have been encouraged to donate more. Staying stagnant in the polls for 9 months killed donor enthusasm. This was the same stupid mistake Rudy did by betting all his money on FL. It was over by that time. There are ways to get your name recognition up without expensive radio and tv ads. I live in California which is one heck of a lot more expensive media market than CT. Chuck Devore did as well as Schiff with a few hundred thousand. Phone banking last fall would have helped a lot. Mailers to all registered R's in the state.
    His campaign wasn't run right. He needed better staff. I want him to learn from it and get it right the next time. RP had a bad campaign staff as well and if he runs again I hope he learned from the last time.

Quote Originally Posted by G-Wohl View Post
    Listen: I've done a bit of television marketing in CT. Drop it. You are WRONG.
    I forgot to mention having people like G-wohl around cost him alot in the election.

Nope, don't buy it. That was just the problem. spending the 3 million at the last. He should have spent it last fall getting his name recognition up. His poll numbers would have jumped and people would have been encouraged to donate more. Staying stagnant in the polls for 9 months killed donor enthusasm. This was the same stupid mistake Rudy did by betting all his money on FL. It was over by that time. There are ways to get your name recognition up without expensive radio and tv ads. I live in California which is one heck of a lot more expensive media market than CT. Chuck Devore did as well as Schiff with a few hundred thousand. Phone banking last fall would have helped a lot. Mailers to all registered R's in the state.
    His campaign wasn't run right. He needed better staff. I want him to learn from it and get it right the next time. RP had a bad campaign staff as well and if he runs again I hope he learned from the last time.
    Where in California? Unless you're in the LA dma, you aren't even CLOSE to the dma costs of NYC. California makes up 8% of the television homes in this country, while all CT dmas total at 11%. All ct dmas but one are in the top 25 in the US, while only three from California make up that list.
    Last edited by G-Wohl; 08-12-2010 at 06:30 PM.

I forgot to mention having people like G-wohl around cost him alot in the election.
    You just made my ignore list. Congrats - you're my first. You didn't do a single god damned thing for Peter. I have been on the ground for Peter since he announced, and I was one of the few who worked with Chad to convince him to run in the first place. I am one of the reasons Peter had a campaign to lose in the first place.

Get $#@!ed, seriously.

You just made my ignore list. Congrats - you're my first. You didn't do a single god damned thing for Peter. I have been on the ground for Peter since he announced, and I was one of the few who worked with Chad to convince him to run in the first place. I am one of the reasons Peter had a campaign to lose in the first place.

Get $#@!ed, seriously.
    G-Wohl don't do this, he is just bitter we lost this election. I just fought this idiotic girl democrat leader for about 7 hours today and I know you're right, she never heard of him despite campaigning for Blumenthal for 6 months already! I'm a Grad at UConn, trust me I know how frustrating this state is.

We need to be united in these times. We have disagreements but there's no reason to fight.

Get $#@!ed, seriously.
    Good, You did more to harm Schiff around here than anyone. I am sure you ran more voters away than you ever got. Besides the campaign is over you can leave these forums.

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX View Post
    G-Wohl don't do this, he is just bitter we lost this election. I just fought this idiotic girl democrat leader for about 7 hours today and I know you're right, she never heard of him despite campaigning for Blumenthal for 6 months already! I'm a Grad at UConn, trust me I know how frustrating this state is.

We need to be united in these times. We have disagreements but there's no reason to fight.
    This girl literally just sinked to "$#@! you, you sick $#@!" when I attempted to explain the economic turmoil caused by Congress in a non party-oriented fashion.

There's no getting through to some people; we must get rid of them through examinations of the Constitution.

I'd recommend classes on BASIC ECONOMICS too, because I know advanced economics in this country would be naturally skewed towards Keynes and the Federal Reserve.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Where in California? Unless you're in the LA dma, you aren't even CLOSE to the dma costs of NYC. California makes up 8% of the television homes in this country, while all CT dmas total at 11%. All ct dmas but one are in the top 25 in the US, while only three from California make up that list.
    And everyone of those areas in California have to be bought into. The state is so big there is no overlapping of tv and radio markets.

Good, You did more to harm Schiff around here than anyone. I am sure you ran more voters away than you ever got. Besides the campaign is over you can leave these forums.

Stop man, please

And everyone of those areas in California have to be bought into. The state is so big there is no overlapping of tv and radio markets.
    11 > 8.

Quote Originally Posted by XxNeXuSxX View Post
    Stop man, please
    I'm sorry but you don't know the history. This person has repeatedly come onto these forums and bashed RP and Rand. Our own member Gunny for freedom running for NC statehouse was without provacation was called a "Nameless Goon" by him.
    Gunny by the way is leading his democratic opponent.
    I generally ignore the guy unless he is bashing RP, Rand or Gunny or slams me.