Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 61 to 74 of 74

Thread: Glen Bradley poll results!

  1. #61

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by TCE View Post
    Mike Lee is fine, Amash has the seat unofficially won, Schiff is out, so Rand is the only big name who needs funding. It should be Gunny and Rand at this point and all we have to do is toss Gunny $25,000 or so and he should be fine. This shouldn't cost $100,000. With Gunny's tailwind and frugality, another $25,000 should get him through. All of the other excuses should be in the past now.
    That sounds like a good goal. But $25,000 is no small amount for us. That's 500 people giving $50 each. We have a long way to go to get that many people on RPF's to be willing to give that much.



  2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
  3. #62

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    That sounds like a good goal. But $25,000 is no small amount for us. That's 500 people giving $50 each. We have a long way to go to get that many people on RPF's to be willing to give that much.
    We can start with smaller goals and then work our way up. That's a couple of moneybombs. Starting with something like 100 people giving $17.76 or something like that would be better and then work our way up to a huge moneybomb. Gunny is still well under $10,000, which is unfortunate for a member of our own forums.

  4. #63

    Default

    Hey Glenn--can you post a timeline of the milestones in your campaign, including things like planned money bombs and any deadlines? Doesn't have to be anything fancy...
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

  5. #64

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Hey Glenn--can you post a timeline of the milestones in your campaign, including things like planned money bombs and any deadlines? Doesn't have to be anything fancy...
    On that point, I have been curious for a long while as to whether this will work. I spent a bit too much of my own money for a server in order to serve a calendar out of my own living room.

    Give this link a try and tell me if it works -- it should open up in Outlook, Outlook Express, iCal, or any calendar program that accepts an .ics format.

    webcal://144ridgewood.com/ical/HouseCampaign.ics

    That is my public calendar, accessible from most "standard" desktop calendar programs. It is updated live. Nobody has told me that they cannot access it, but then nobody (outside my core group of local volunteers) has told me that they can, either.

    So it would be GREAT to learn whether or not you guys can access it. It's being served out of my home. Once I get my mail-hops set up, it should even be able to receive and respond to RSVP's etc...

    webcal://144ridgewood.com/ical/HouseCampaign.ics

    It'll require copy/paste since it is not recognized as a standard link.
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  6. #65

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    On that point, I have been curious for a long while as to whether this will work. I spent a bit too much of my own money for a server in order to serve a calendar out of my own living room.

    Give this link a try and tell me if it works -- it should open up in Outlook, Outlook Express, iCal, or any calendar program that accepts an .ics format.

    webcal://144ridgewood.com/ical/HouseCampaign.ics

    That is my public calendar, accessible from most "standard" desktop calendar programs. It is updated live. Nobody has told me that they cannot access it, but then nobody (outside my core group of local volunteers) has told me that they can, either.

    So it would be GREAT to learn whether or not you guys can access it. It's being served out of my home. Once I get my mail-hops set up, it should even be able to receive and respond to RSVP's etc...

    webcal://144ridgewood.com/ical/HouseCampaign.ics

    It'll require copy/paste since it is not recognized as a standard link.
    Hmm...didn't work for me on this computer (it tried to open as a windows calendar, and stated that it was unable to import.) Perhaps I just need to download a program.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

  7. #66

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Hmm...didn't work for me on this computer (it tried to open as a windows calendar, and stated that it was unable to import.) Perhaps I just need to download a program.
    Hm. That's the issue I ran into when trying to import to Google Calendar, it seemed to be caused by a specific version of Outlook import agent that does not recognize the latest .ics standard.

    I can export to a file also, but that is (as far as I know) going to have the same import issues as the server link. However, let me put it up on a host and give it a shot...

    it's 4.5 mb but here is the standard export file. it may work where the server link did not...

    http://nchouse2010.glenbradley.net/i...seCampaign.ics
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  8. #67

    Default

    it tried to open in outlook and then said "not a valid file"

  9. #68

  10. #69

    Default

    So the static export calendar link works, but apparently you either need MacOS or Windows 7 Calendar for the live server version to work... better than nothing at least. In the future I'll host the static calendar on my home server so I don't chew up my campaign site bandwidth.
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  11. #70

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    So the static export calendar link works, but apparently you either need MacOS or Windows 7 Calendar for the live server version to work... better than nothing at least. In the future I'll host the static calendar on my home server so I don't chew up my campaign site bandwidth.
    Yeah...still didn't work for me.

    I just subscribed to your mailing list instead.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

  12. #71

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    Yeah...still didn't work for me.

    I just subscribed to your mailing list instead.
    I just imported the static version to Google Calendar:

    http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...Z29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  13. #72

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I just imported the static version to Google Calendar:

    http://www.google.com/calendar/embed...Z29vZ2xlLmNvbQ
    That worked for me! Thanks.

    You can also make your Google calendar visible to those with Gmail, if I recall correctly.
    Those who want liberty must organize as effectively as those who want tyranny. -- Iyad el Baghdadi

  14. #73

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by amy31416 View Post
    That worked for me! Thanks.

    You can also make your Google calendar visible to those with Gmail, if I recall correctly.
    I made it "public" so anybody with a link should be able to see it. The links for these calendars are a bit convoluted though. It's a shame the server link isn't working for most -- as the live update and RSVP functions are really nice.

    I am now working on my calendar server to shoot a notification e-mail to the listserv mailing list prior to events, I'm just trying to decide whether 48hr or72 hr is better. I'm thinking 72hr
    “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

  15. #74

    Default test calendar worked

    Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I made it "public" so anybody with a link should be able to see it. The links for these calendars are a bit convoluted though. It's a shame the server link isn't working for most -- as the live update and RSVP functions are really nice.

    I am now working on my calendar server to shoot a notification e-mail to the listserv mailing list prior to events, I'm just trying to decide whether 48hr or72 hr is better. I'm thinking 72hr
    The test calendar worked for. Thanks.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123





Similar Threads

  1. Glen Bradley poll results!
    By GunnyFreedom in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 74
    Last Post: 08-12-2010, 07:34 PM
  2. Glen Bradley poll pledge thread
    By erowe1 in forum Glen Bradley Forum
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 06:23 PM
  3. Glen Bradley poll pledge thread
    By erowe1 in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 06-20-2010, 06:23 PM
  4. Vote for Glen Bradley in this poll!
    By ninepointfive in forum Glen Bradley Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 11:03 AM
  5. Vote for Glen Bradley in this poll!
    By ninepointfive in forum U.S. Political News
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-28-2010, 11:03 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •