Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Glen Bradley poll results!

Talking Glen Bradley poll results!

Public Policy Polling (PPP) conducted a poll of NC 49 this weekend. As you know they are NOT a Republican leaning polling agency. Results of the poll are:

The candidates for State Representative in your district are Republican Glen Bradley and Democrat John May. If the election was today, who would you vote for?

Glen Bradley......43%
    John May.....35%
    Undecided.....22%
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You're the frontrunner!!!
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

Wooohoooo!!!
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

Spring board spring board spring board!!!
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I'm excited. I wanna be a part of this win and hopefully I can help you more monetarily soon.
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

awesome news Gunny.. We are all extremely proud of you!
    "Governor, if I had foreseen the use those people
    designed to make of their victory,
    there would have been no surrender at
    Appomattox Courthouse; no sir, not by me.
    Had I foreseen these results of subjugation,
    I would have preferred to die at Appomattox
    with my brave men, my sword in my right hand." - Robert E. Lee to Governor Fletcher S. Stockdale (D-Texas), 1870

Glen, are the full results posted anywhere?
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    Glen, are the full results posted anywhere?
    I want to keep the crosstabs close to the vest, I am going to email full results to all who donated to help make the poll happen. We are still waiting on crosstabs by precinct.
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    I want to keep the crosstabs close to the vest, I am going to email full results to all who donated to help make the poll happen. We are still waiting on crosstabs by precinct.
    - Thanks

~ C.Coolidge

This was the best news I've read all day.

Congrats!!!
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

This is ridiculously exciting, but if anything it means I need to campaign double-hard. There are still enough undecideds that can turn one way or the other by November, and now (again thanks to this poll) I know what part of the message works, and which does not.

This is ridiculously exciting, but if anything it means I need to campaign double-hard. There are still enough undecideds that can turn one way or the other by November, and now (again thanks to this poll) I know what part of the message works, and which does not.
    Looking good Glen! Stay sharp!

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

Any plans to wave this in the face of the state GOP showing them how you are polling on a shoestring budget?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi

Quote Originally Posted by Rifleman View Post
    Any plans to wave this in the face of the state GOP showing them how you are polling on a shoestring budget?
    In a very nice way, indeed yes.

Flippin' SWEET numbers. Now I can finish off this otherwise cruddy Monday at work grinning!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great Numbers! Are there any other constitutionalists who will be joining you in the State House?

Good job Gunny, glad to see you should make it. I never had any doubts you would win this one any ways. You are the right person at the right time. Go for congress in DC when you get the chance too. We need people like you in Washington as well.

I am certain that the good people of NC will send you to DC.

Hell yeah Glen!
    For Liberty - Feature-length doc about the 2008 R3V | Twitter

You have earned these numbers.. I am quite proud of you Glen!!
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

+1776 Keep it up Marine.
    Out of every one hundred men they send us, ten should not even be here. Eighty will do nothing but serve as targets for the enemy. Nine are real fighters, and we are lucky to have them, upon them depends our success in battle. But one, ah the one, he is a real warrior, and he will bring the others back from battle alive.

Duty is the most sublime word in the English language. Do your duty in all things. You can not do more than your duty. You should never wish to do less than your duty.

Quote Originally Posted by South Park Fan View Post
    Great Numbers! Are there any other constitutionalists who will be joining you in the State House?
    Not quite as strong as I am on the Constitution, but we have a couple who are pretty good. Rick Smith is also endorsed by iCaucus, also a former Marine who talks a lot about a Constitutionally limited government. The big point we would disagree on is that he sees a government role in licensing marriage but only at the State level, where I do not see a government role in marriage at all.

We did try and recruit several people to run for State Legislature, including one Jared Fuller who is completely one of us, but he was more attracted to the Year Of Youth activism. We had just about talked BJ Lawson into running for State House when he decided to go for US Congress again.

When I win this election, the composition of the NC State House will be a little more in our direction than was the US Congress these last 20 years, but I am content with being the "Ron Paul Lone Wolf" of the NC House until we can airdrop some allies in in 2012.

PLUS, with an active C4L group in NC, I'll actually be able to build grassroots support for some of the bills we need to repeal the leviathan. PLUS, there is already a groundswell for 10th Amendment bills that I will be in a big hurry to take advantage of, and that will buy me a name even as a lone wolf.

Whohoo!
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Not quite as strong as I am on the Constitution, but we have a couple who are pretty good. Rick Smith is also endorsed by iCaucus, also a former Marine who talks a lot about a Constitutionally limited government. The big point we would disagree on is that he sees a government role in licensing marriage but only at the State level, where I do not see a government role in marriage at all.

We did try and recruit several people to run for State Legislature, including one Jared Fuller who is completely one of us, but he was more attracted to the Year Of Youth activism. We had just about talked BJ Lawson into running for State House when he decided to go for US Congress again.

When I win this election, the composition of the NC State House will be a little more in our direction than was the US Congress these last 20 years, but I am content with being the "Ron Paul Lone Wolf" of the NC House until we can airdrop some allies in in 2012.

PLUS, with an active C4L group in NC, I'll actually be able to build grassroots support for some of the bills we need to repeal the leviathan. PLUS, there is already a groundswell for 10th Amendment bills that I will be in a big hurry to take advantage of, and that will buy me a name even as a lone wolf.
    This sounds great, do everything you can. I wish I could help. We need people aggressively agitating for liberty at every corner of government. And then we need people to refuse to obey ridiculous laws. I mean it has to be a perfect storm of civil disobedience, states rights, and strong liberty candidates to turn this around. If we can hit them in all these ares the leviathan will topple and people will be free again.

A lot of the time our guys are too nice, they avoid confrontation just like they are apt to do in real life. Non-aggressionists do this naturally, but as we all know government is made for the power hungry aggressive predators and so we have been really getting hammered over and over. Anyways it's always nice to see an energetic determine pro-liberty candidate.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Smile

The results are good. Thanks to all that help this poll happen. Glen could not have done it without your support.

I just wish we had more boots on the ground. Freedom Mom gets tired faster then the young folks. We were out walking 2 weekends in 90+ temps and Glen was still willing to move forward but Mom was tired.

Start talking up September 17th, Constitution Day. Big fundraiser but we don't know where yet.

October 9 to 11 is the big canvas bomb too.

Great news

I was critical of the poll before, but I am really hoping this is a plus. Anyways, it is great to know where you stand in the race! Glad you are the frontrunner.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
    You're the frontrunner!!!

Stay tuned for MSNBC and leftist bloggers to expose the pranks of Bradley's college-aged years.

Quote Originally Posted by South Park Fan View Post
    Wait, I thought your opponent was Lucy Allen? Did the Democrats pull a bait-and-switch and make John May their nominee instead?
    Oh now THAT is a long and convoluted story.

Lucy Allen was appointed by Governor Perdue to direct the Utilities commission with a $150k+ salary and John May was selected by the DPNC to replace her in the State House. They intentionally left May on the school board ballot in order to convolute the race, and following an election where the ineligible John May took a plurality, ended up APPOINTING their new school board member. Now, even though both Franklin County and Halifax county boards of election INSIST that Lucy Allen is both ineligible and will not appear on the ballot, John May has not as of yet registered to be on the ballot, however he is the ONLY eligible candidate besides myself.

We do have a sneaking suspicion that they intend to leave ucy Allen on the ballot and use her name recognition victory to appoint whomever they want, BUT NOBODY IS CAMPAIGNING ON THE DEMOCRAT SIDE right now.

If we had the ability to run a serious campaign right now, it wouldn't matter if they pull some kind of chicanery -- our message has the opportunity to be completely uncontested right now. Lucy can't campaign (even if she is left on the ballot) because she is basically ineligible, and may ISN'T campaigning nor has he filed to put his name on the ballot.

All the boards of election INSIST that Lucy will NOT be on the ballot.

But those same boards are operated by Dem majorities...

The State Board people are under ethics investigations...

it's pretty hot stuff right now...

Public Policy Polling (PPP) conducted a poll of NC 49 this weekend. As you know they are NOT a Republican leaning polling agency. Results of the poll are:

The candidates for State Representative in your district are Republican Glen Bradley and Democrat John May. If the election was today, who would you vote for?

Glen Bradley......43%
    John May.....35%
    Undecided.....22%

GREAT!!!

Best news of the day! Congratulations on being the front runner. Hope you can zero in on that undecided 22%.

FOLKS, WE NEED TO DO SOME PLANNING - THINK OUTSIDE THE BOX IF WE MUST - AND GET GLEN THE FUNDING HE NEEDS IN ORDER TO DO THIS RIGHT!

Any ideas??

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast