Thread: Congressman Jason Chaffetz Question

Congressman Jason Chaffetz Question

Hello All,

Does anyone know anything about Congressman Chaffetz? We Might want to start supporting him. He actually voted against the war funding bill, and seems to be pretty solid. I think he was only 1 of 12 Republicans. He claims he called parents of killed veterans in Afghanistan to discuss his stance on the war. Cant seem to find too much out about him other then he is from Utah, and seems to be pro market, and anti war to some extent. Anything?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phesoge View Post
    Hello All,

Does anyone know anything about Congressman Chaffetz? We Might want to start supporting him. He actually voted against the war funding bill, and seems to be pretty solid. I think he was only 1 of 12 Republicans. He claims he called parents of killed veterans in Afghanistan to discuss his stance on the war. Cant seem to find too much out about him other then he is from Utah, and seems to be pro market, and anti war to some extent. Anything?
    We already are supporting him, to a limited extent. I listed him in my General Election Candidates thread here: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=256239

(Although, due to his race being a virtual lock and the fact that he's only partially on board with us, he's all the way at the bottom).
    Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

I supported him during the last elections. He sleeps in a cot in the capital (talk about fiscal restraint) He is the real deal and has been decent in office. I would be volunteering on his campaign if I was still there.

Yes, we do support him! Is there some specific type of support that is needed at this time?
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I have seen some support of him to a limited extent. I was just wondering if anyone knows his philosophy behind the NO vote on the war funding bill. I mean is he just a hawk who doesnt like the "democrats" war, but as soon as another Bush type gets in (God forbid) he will be all pro war. I have read various articles on him, and his exact posisition is a bit ambiguous. Although what politicians isn't.

Wants to withdraw from Iraq? Check
    Wants to withdraw from Afghanistan? Check
    Voted against the renewal of the Patriot Act? Check
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...light=chaffetz
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

He seems like he's honest and has good charachter, that's what we are probably uneasy about. Not sure what to do with politicians like that when you first see them.

Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Wants to withdraw from Iraq? Check
    Wants to withdraw from Afghanistan? Check
    Voted against the renewal of the Patriot Act? Check
    http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthr...light=chaffetz
    THANKS CWLESY. Very helpful. Appreciate it.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    He was the first endorsement of iCaucus (Independence Caucus) who has also endorsed BJ Lawson and myself. If I am not mistaken, iCaucus has also endorsed Rand Paul...

After having interacted with the iCaucus people for some time now, I am really impressed with them. They are like a C4L with teeth, and with way more people on the ground who ACTUALLY WANT TO HELP rather than sit around preaching to the choir...
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

A Tea-O-Con Case Study - Incumbent Rep. Jason Chaffetz's Legacy of Likability, Photo

"The most formidable weapon against errors of every kind is Reason. I have never used any other, and I trust I never shall." Thomas Paine

Why should I read this BS beyond this blatant mis-characterization?

From Jake Shannon:

- FACT: Rep. Jason Chaffetz just voted to increase TAX penalties for gun manufacturers. Let me repeat that so it fully sinks in: Incumbent Rep. Jason Chaffetz just voted to further increase TAX penalties on firearms manufacturers. Utahn Gun Rights and Liberty Advocates need to wake up and fast. Chaffetz voted to pass H.R. 5552: The Firearms Excise Tax Improvement Act of 2010 (along with incumbent Reps. Matheson and Bishop).

Frankly, I can't think of anything more un-American and stomach churning than this
    The real fact. This Bill was pro-gun manufacturers:

WASHINGTON, DC --(AmmoLand.com)- The United States Senate passed a major piece of pro-sportsmen legislation yesterday to help firearm and ammunition manufacturers grow business and help strengthen wildlife conservation funding.

The Senate, by unanimous consent, passed H.R. 5552 the “Firearms Excise Tax Improvement Act of 2010” or so-called FAET legislation sponsored in the U.S. House of Representatives by Congressional Sportsmen’s Caucus (CSC) Member and former Co-Chair Rep. Ron Kind. If signed into law, this legislation will allow firearms and ammunition manufacturers to pay excise taxes quarterly as opposed to the current bi-weekly schedule. The bill passed the U.S. House last month by an overwhelming 412-6 vote.

http://www.ammoland.com/2010/08/09/s...-gun-industry/
    Jake Shannon is an idiot. He has just proven that he can outspin the best of the them. This is classless.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.