Thread: Calling response change, how should I handle?

Calling response change, how should I handle?

Didn't have time to make a lot of calls today, but made some.
    I noticed a change in responses today.

First, a lot of people said they were getting lots of phone calls today about the election. (One person said I was the 6th today.) Before, most people didn't remember the election.

Second, a large percentage of people I talked to said they heard of Peter Schiff and all the candidates and were still undecided. I was not prepared for this response. I'm used to them not knowing anything.

I tried covering some points about Peter, but they seemed uninterested when I tried to do so as if they've heard it before.

I tried asking if they had any questions about Peter, but that didn't seem to get much interest.

Any suggestions on how to hook somebody in this situation? I expect I will be encountering more now.
    Check out the Peter Schiff app for the iPhone, iPod touch & iPad at http://playcontrol.net/iFollowPeterSchiff

iFollowPeterSchiff, you should too.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Oh, so you've heard of Peter Schiff then! Great! Then you must be aware that he was the only one who knew the economy was in trouble back in 2006 and 2007 right?"

"Yeah, well, he knew what we needed to do to fix even back then, and he's still the only one who knows how to fix it today. Our children deserve a strong economy and a free America don't you think?"

"Then please join us in defeating the politics as usual crowd and vote for the all time winner, Peter Schiff for US Senate."
    http://glenbradley.net/share/aleksan...nitsyn_4-t.gif “And how we burned in the camps later, thinking: What would things have been like if every Security operative, when he went out at night to make an arrest, had been uncertain whether he would return alive and had to say good-bye to his family? Or if, during periods of mass arrests, as for example in Leningrad, when they arrested a quarter of the entire city, people had not simply sat there in their lairs, paling with terror at every bang of the downstairs door and at every step on the staircase, but had understood they had nothing left to lose and had boldly set up in the downstairs hall an ambush of half a dozen people with axes, hammers, pokers, or whatever else was at hand?... The Organs would very quickly have suffered a shortage of officers and transport and, notwithstanding all of Stalin's thirst, the cursed machine would have ground to a halt! If...if...We didn't love freedom enough. And even more – we had no awareness of the real situation.... We purely and simply deserved everything that happened afterward.” ― Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

If the receiver supports McMahon, ask: Do you support the bailout? McMahon supported the bailout.
    Last edited by low preference guy; 08-04-2010 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by GunnyFreedom View Post
    "Oh, so you've heard of Peter Schiff then! Great! Then you must be aware that he was the only one who knew the economy was in trouble back in 2006 and 2007 right?"

"Yeah, well, he knew what we needed to do to fix even back then, and he's still the only one who knows how to fix it today. Our children deserve a strong economy and a free America don't you think?"

"Then please join us in defeating the politics as usual crowd and vote for the all time winner, Peter Schiff for US Senate."
    Excellent responses

Keep it fresh, have plenty of notes of similar stellar points about Schiff. IMHO, I'd stay away from pounding M, it just doesn't pay while phone banking. You want to leave a positive impression.,
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by iFollowPeterSchiff View Post
    Didn't have time to make a lot of calls today, but made some.
    I noticed a change in responses today.

First, a lot of people said they were getting lots of phone calls today about the election. (One person said I was the 6th today.) Before, most people didn't remember the election.

Second, a large percentage of people I talked to said they heard of Peter Schiff and all the candidates and were still undecided. I was not prepared for this response. I'm used to them not knowing anything.

I tried covering some points about Peter, but they seemed uninterested when I tried to do so as if they've heard it before.

I tried asking if they had any questions about Peter, but that didn't seem to get much interest.

Any suggestions on how to hook somebody in this situation? I expect I will be encountering more now.
    The same thing happened to me yesterday and today. I think that pollsters are calling, and probably Linda's campaign too. When they tell me that they have already received tons of calls, or seem uninterested and want off the phone, I take a sentence or two saying goodbye to them and in that parting sentence leave something positive about Peter.

bla bla bla you're the sixth person to call today.... I can't talk on the phone right now.... we are getting tons of election calls please don't call anymore... bla bla bla
    I say something like:

"OK mam I'm sorry to bother you. I just wanted to make sure you heard about Peter Schiff because he's been endorsed by all the Tea Parties in CT. Have a good day."

"OK my apologies. Just making sure people are aware of the guy who predicted the financial collapse years in advance. I'll take you off our calling list."

Also, if people say they are sick of calls or don't want any, then I mark "Do Not Call" and in "Notes" I explain why.

Thanks for all the responses. Follow up question.

Has anybody encountered any Simmons supporters? I haven't. I did get a couple of questions about Simmons, but nobody seemed serious about him. I was surprised to see his polling support was so high (different thread).
    Check out the Peter Schiff app for the iPhone, iPod touch & iPad at http://playcontrol.net/iFollowPeterSchiff

iFollowPeterSchiff, you should too.

I've made close to 3,000 calls total and not one person has told me they are a Simmons supporter. I've ran across a few McMahon supporters, but most people do not tell me who they support, tell me their vote is private, or tell me they are still undecided.

I wonder if the people who say they are undecided just don't want to tell. That could reduce the undecided by a lot.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've noticed a lot of old people think it is impolite to talk about politics and who they support.

I get more positive response when I talk about myself rather use cliches.

"Im a small business owner from Rhode Island, but im calling people in your state because I think its that important CT sends Peter Schiff into the Senate.

"Can I just point you to a couple videos that tell you about him before I let you go?"

"Thanks for listening, im sure if you research this election you will see why I think its so important to get out and vote for Peter Schiff in CT"

If the person is stern keep it ultra short. If the person is chatty get into details.