Thread: First Jack Conway distance himself from Harry Reid now he panders to Tea Party?

First Jack Conway distance himself from Harry Reid now he panders to Tea Party?

"I'm not turned off by the Tea Party," countered Conway, "I think the Tea Party is expressing on behalf of a lot of people that they are very concerned about spending, and i understand that. I'm a fiscally responsible Democrat."

Conway says Paul is full of Tea Party platitudes -- but that he, Conway, offers specifics that address Tea Party concerns.

"It's a lot more concrete than just saying you're going to balance the budget next year," Conway said, "So, the Tea Party is expressing concerns about spending. I understand that spending. I plan to attack that problem in a responsible way when I'm elected to the United States Senate."
    I thought the Tea Party was about fear and the Rise of The New right? Guess Jack is afraid of the poll results.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How can you be a fiscally responsible Democrat and Santa Claus at the same time? He has mentioned not one thing he would cut, has mentioned numerous new areas he wants to make 'further investment', and if Rand wants to look at any program for cuts, he opposes those cuts.

Where is the fiscally conservative part?

I like this tack. Some Dems are saying Rand is far enough right that it allows Conway to fake being a moderate, but that ignores that people don't like fakes, amongst other things. And I think there is no question who the true fiscal conservative is.