Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "The Flower" (anti-prohibition animation video)

"The Flower" (anti-prohibition animation video)

Last edited by jct74; 04-21-2012 at 03:44 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Awe. I hate sad endings.
    Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system. - Bruce Lee

Quote Originally Posted by djdellisanti4 View Post
    Awe. I hate sad endings.
    i'd say it gets the point across though, wouldn't ya?
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    i'd say it gets the point across though, wouldn't ya?
    Indeed, facebook-worthy too.
    Man, the living creature, the creating individual, is always more important than any established style or system. - Bruce Lee

I don't like the analogy in that clip that regulating and taxing it benefited society. I am against the legalization of all drugs because I don't want government regulating and controlling it. I'd rather see possession de-criminalized and I truly wish it could function in the black market without the violence.

Everyone who says the violence is a result of the fact that it's not legalized, regulated and taxed by the gov't also complains about regulation and taxation by that same gov't. What a dichotomy! Or is it hypocrisy? You can't have it both ways.
    Diversity finds unity in the message of freedom.

Dilige et quod vis fac. ~ Saint Augustine

Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    Quote Originally Posted by HOLLYWOOD View Post
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.
    "I'll believe in good cops when they start turning bad cops in."

Quote Originally Posted by tod evans View Post
    In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......
    I don't want to live in a cookie cutter, federally mandated society.
    Give me messy freedom every time!

bump!

this video rules! spread it around.

Quote Originally Posted by Deborah K View Post
    I don't like the analogy in that clip that regulating and taxing it benefited society. I am against the legalization of all drugs because I don't want government regulating and controlling it. I'd rather see possession de-criminalized and I truly wish it could function in the black market without the violence.

Everyone who says the violence is a result of the fact that it's not legalized, regulated and taxed by the gov't also complains about regulation and taxation by that same gov't. What a dichotomy! Or is it hypocrisy? You can't have it both ways.
    Which set of crooks would you want to have control over the drugs then? The criminals in office that rob you and I to afford three million dollar yachts, or the criminals on the streets that rob you and I to afford the drugs so they can also buy three million dollar yachts?

Its the LAW that gives DRUG DEALERS POWER.

It is the LAW that gives CRIMINALS POWER when GUNS are outlawed.

It is the LAW that gives CRIMINALS POWER when SELF DEFENSE is outlawed.

It is the LAW that brings the danger and the problems and recovery from the problems of making ANYTHING illegal takes a long time to recover from, and as always, there will be a LOT of opposition.

Its not that I dont understand your point, I do agree that everyone running around high as $#@! will increase the personal risk of idiots that do drugs and drive, but then again, these are the same idiots that drive drunk, and alcohol is legal... It wasnt always...
    1776 > 1984

The FAILURE of the United States Government to operate and maintain an
    Honest Money System , which frees the ordinary man from the clutches of the money manipulators, is the single largest contributing factor to the World's current Economic Crisis.

The Elimination of Privacy is the Architecture of Genocide

Belief, Money, and Violence are the three ways all people are controlled

Quote Originally Posted by Zippyjuan View Post
    Our central bank is not privately owned.

Quote Originally Posted by DamianTV View Post
    Which set of crooks would you want to have control over the drugs then? The criminals in office that rob you and I to afford three million dollar yachts, or the criminals on the streets that rob you and I to afford the drugs so they can also buy three million dollar yachts?

Its the LAW that gives DRUG DEALERS POWER.

It is the LAW that gives CRIMINALS POWER when GUNS are outlawed.

It is the LAW that gives CRIMINALS POWER when SELF DEFENSE is outlawed.

It is the LAW that brings the danger and the problems and recovery from the problems of making ANYTHING illegal takes a long time to recover from, and as always, there will be a LOT of opposition.

Its not that I dont understand your point, I do agree that everyone running around high as $#@! will increase the personal risk of idiots that do drugs and drive, but then again, these are the same idiots that drive drunk, and alcohol is legal... It wasnt always...
    Statistics show that addiction is caused more by legal drugs (and alcohol) than illegal drugs. But that's another story. As I stated, I wish the black market could function w/out the violence. We had better start giving that more consideration because I have a distinct feeling that the black market is going to be our only hope once this gov't gets its hands on every business that exists right now.

Above all I think everyone needs to understand that neither the Bundys nor Finicum were militia or had prior military training. They were, first and foremost, Ranchers who had about all the shit they could take.
    If anything, this situation has proved the government is nothing but a dictatorship backed by deadly force... no different than the dictatorships in the banana republics, just more polished and cleverly propagandized.

In a free society there will be bigotry, and racism, and sexism and religious disputes and, and, and.......

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nice video. As far as taxes go, I don't think many would mind being that if they didn't want to pay taxes they'd jut grow it themsleves.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Except it's not hypocrisy or a dichotomy. It's a baby step, in the same manner that activism is a series of baby steps toward individual liberty.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

You guys are getting bent out of shape over nothing.

Most governments put a sin tax on alcohol. Have those taxes really caused that many problems? Of course not, it's just an additional revenue stream for governments.

We have to make sure our municipalities or states spend that money responsibly, then we have to work to eliminate the idea that mere consumption of weed or alchohol is sinful, and therefore shouldn't be taxed as such.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

Quote Originally Posted by BenIsForRon View Post
    Most governments put a sin tax on alcohol. Have those taxes really caused that many problems? Of course not, it's just an additional revenue stream for governments.
    I'd argue that "additional revenue" that enables governments to grow has indeed caused problems.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    I'd argue that "additional revenue" that enables governments to grow has indeed caused problems.
    But the tax itself doesn't lead to more violence than prohibition, that's my only point.

Baby steps. Legalize and tax now, work on reducing the tax later.
    if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

But the tax itself doesn't lead to more violence than prohibition, that's my only point.

I'm with you 100% in that regard.

Yeah, that's always worked out well. I can't get over how double-standard people are about this issue.

I can't get over how double-standard people are about this issue.
    How so? Personally, I'm all for incrementally reversing the police state that has been built up incrementally.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    How so? Personally, I'm all for incrementally reversing the police state that has been built up incrementally.
    As am I. But, giving the gov't regulatory and taxation control over illicit drugs seems to me, to be going in the opposite direction. We're gonna give them control and then "incrementally" take it away? When has that EVER worked out for us? Once the gov't is given power, it never gives it back.

People just want what they want without thinking it through. It's a double-standard. They bitch and complain relentlessly on these forums about individual freedom, the gov't sux, no new laws, blahdee blah! And then they praise Cali for wanting to regulate and tax their weed. FFS.

Yeah, that's always worked out well. I can't get over how double-standard people are about this issue.
    You're not giving the government more control. They can throw you in jail for smoking weed now, we hope to get it to where they can just take some money when you buy it from a local shop. That isn't more control.

And besides, IT DID WORK WELL! We legalized alcohol, states are taxing it, and we don't have the mafia dealing alcohol in the black market and offing their competitors.
    Last edited by BenIsForRon; 08-02-2010 at 10:41 PM.

You're not giving the government more control. They can throw you in jail for smoking weed now, we hope to get it to where they can just take some money when you buy it from a local shop. That isn't more control.

And besides, IT DID WORK WELL! We legalized alcohol, states are taxing it, and we don't have the mafia dealing alcohol in the black market and offing their competitors.
    And we have a HUGE addiction problem as a result. Statistics show that most addiction results from the drugs (including alcohol) that are legal, i.e. pharmaceuticals. Addiction is a big problem in this country. I'm not saying we should put the toothpaste back in the tube. And I don't have all the answers, but decriminalizing possession of all illicit drugs - no prison time - should come first. imo.

And I'm not sure why you think we're not relinquishing control to the gov't if we allow them to regulate and tax illicit drugs.

but decriminalizing possession of all illicit drugs - no prison time - should come first. imo.
    and you don't think the "giving the gov't regulatory and taxation control over illicit drugs" that you decry involves just that?

and you don't think the "giving the gov't regulatory and taxation control over illicit drugs" that you decry involves just that?
    How so? You'd be taking power away from them if they can't toss your butt in jail for possession. How is that the same thing?

How so? You'd be taking power away from them if they can't toss your butt in jail for possession. How is that the same thing?
    what I'm saying is both get a little out of it. You get to not get thrown in jail because it is legalized and no longer part of the black market. They get a little out of it by gaining an additional revenue stream. Sure, I'd prefer just decriminalized but I foresee the first option as something that is more sellable to the public and the govt drones.

And we have a HUGE addiction problem as a result. Statistics show that most addiction results from the drugs (including alcohol) that are legal, i.e. pharmaceuticals. Addiction is a big problem in this country. I'm not saying we should put the toothpaste back in the tube. And I don't have all the answers, but decriminalizing possession of all illicit drugs - no prison time - should come first. imo.

And I'm not sure why you think we're not relinquishing control to the gov't if we allow them to regulate and tax illicit drugs.
    Under your legal regime people who sell or manufacture the drugs could be thrown in jail, and people who use the drugs could get a fine if they are caught. So the government is saying you don't have a right to put the stuff in your body. That is less freedom, compared to legalization and taxation.

And the problem of addiction is not dealt with through punishment, either with fines or jail, it's dealt with through rehab and support programs, whether private or public. Addicts need help, not punishment.

what I'm saying is both get a little out of it. You get to not get thrown in jail because it is legalized and no longer part of the black market. They get a little out of it by gaining an additional revenue stream. Sure, I'd prefer just decriminalized but I foresee the first option as something that is more sellable to the public and the govt drones.
    I don't. It keeps good people out of prison, and it keeps the gov't out of your pocket by way of taxation. I am for a thriving, non-violent black market. I know of some in the medical profession who intend to go that route when Obamacare kicks in. We should all be thinking about the black market in a new light. I think illicit drugs should remain there, the violence notwithstanding.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Under your legal regime people who sell or manufacture the drugs could be thrown in jail, and people who use the drugs could get a fine if they are caught. So the government is saying you don't have a right to put the stuff in your body. That is less freedom, compared to legalization and taxation.

And the problem of addiction is not dealt with through punishment, either with fines or jail, it's dealt with through rehab and support programs, whether private or public. Addicts need help, not punishment.
    Under MY legal regime???? You're the one who wants it legalized. LOL!

Under MY legal regime???? You're the one who wants it legalized. LOL!
    I meant legal regime as in "the system of laws you would like to see dealing with drugs".

By the way, growers, producers, and sellers would still be thrown in jail under decriminalization, and that is much less free than taxing their sales. You have yet to refute that point.

I meant legal regime as in "the system of laws you would like to see dealing with drugs".

By the way, growers, producers, and sellers would still be thrown in jail under decriminalization, and that is much less free than taxing their sales. You have yet to refute that point.
    What part of 'advocate for the black market' don't you understand?

So you're talking about decriminalization for sellers/producers too? So everybody gets a fine? After they're fined, do they get to keep their drugs?

Under a legalize/tax system, people get to keep their drugs. Less government control.

Are you under the impression that legalization and regulation eliminates the black market?

Are you under the impression that legalization and regulation eliminates the black market?
    In this case it would, as it certainly has for alcohol. I'm sure there are still some distilleries around, and more power to them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast