Thread: Jim Bender (US Senate NH) on Kagan

Jim Bender (US Senate NH) on Kagan

Jim Bender - US Senate 2010
    www.BenderforSenate.com

PRESS RELEASE:
    For Immediate Release
    July 30, 2010

Jim Bender, Republican candidate for US Senate released this statement regarding Senator Judd Gregg’s decision to vote for the nomination of Elena Kagan to the United States Supreme Court.

“I am disappointed with Senator Judd Gregg’s decision today to vote for Elena Kagan’s nomination to the Supreme Court,” said Bender. “Elena Kagan has no judicial record. A mistake made on a Supreme Court nomination is a mistake for life. I will go to Washington to make sure our Supreme Court justices will follow the Constitution and bring back trust and accountability to our government.”

###

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    nice, go bender.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    nice, go bender.
    New ad top of forum... we need to get the name out there!

Latest TV ad was featured on Greta Wire!

i recently saw some of his gop rival's ads on my boston tv channel!

upon looking up the name of his rival in wiki, i see that
    he is quite wealthy and at one point he was quite happily
    donating to candidates in BOTH our two big political parties!

Go Bender!

"Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Hmmm... Is Bender a Tea-o-con?

Foreign Policy

It is vital that we are successful in Afghanistan and Iraq, and that we deny terrorists a safe haven. I support stepped up drone attacks in Pakistan. I do not believe that we should establish an arbitrary deadline for leaving, and rather we should take recommendations from the Generals on the ground.

Our country must have the strongest defensive capabilities in the world. We must keep America safe. We should not hesitate to take action in defense of our freedom and our American way of life. But we must also make sure that American military action is guided first and foremost by the country’s national interest and the Constitution.

I will vote to fund our most important defense systems, including the strategic missile defense program, to protect our country from the threat of a missile attack.

Finally, part of our national security must also include a comprehensive program to protect our nation’s soldiers and veterans and ensure their continued well-being. I will fight to make sure our soldiers have the equipment they need to be victorious.

Israel

Israel has always tried to secure an everlasting peace in the Middle East as she lives under the constant threats from her neighbors. As the only true democracy in the Middle East, Israel shares America’s democratic values. I support the two-state solution that reaffirms Israel’s right to exist and provides a place of their own for the Palestinians.

http://benderforsenate.com/issues
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

I will support efforts to reduce the tax burden on all Americans. This includes: eliminating the Death Tax, eliminating taxes on capital gains, dividends and interest to encourage greater savings and investment, and lowering corporate tax rates to bring businesses and jobs to the United States.
    All Americans? Hmmm. Taxes are bad, but his elimination list seems a little biased.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Bender is not a tea o con.
    He is not perfect but he is far and away the best candidate for US Senate running in NH.
    Should I mention that some Ron Paul supporters are working on his campaign?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreepa View Post
    Bender is not a tea o con.
    He is not perfect but he is far and away the best candidate for US Senate running in NH.
    Should I mention that some Ron Paul supporters are working on his campaign?

Can you give us some more info? Is he running in a primary against Judd Gregg? If so, any polling? What are the numbers looking like?

of the 7 gop people... binnie has been
    media blitzing massachusetts with ads

senator judd gregg decided NOT to run for re-election.
    this has the folks of both parties RUNNING for his seat.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    of the 7 gop people... binnie has been
    media blitzing massachusetts with ads
    24/7 here. He is a con job. he wont answer questions the fed and dodges questions of interventionism.

Quote Originally Posted by KCIndy View Post
    Can you give us some more info? Is he running in a primary against Judd Gregg? If so, any polling? What are the numbers looking like?
    Judd (neocon RINO) is not running.

The Dems are running 1 person. Hodes (the horrible Representative who won in 2006 vs the horrible GOPer Bass (RINO) )

The GOP has 4 'serious' candidates. All polls I have seen have them running within a few percentage points.

here is my take on them

Kelly Ayotte (former AG of NH)
    is playing the 'tough on criminals card'
    Says she is fiscal conservative (she might be but not strict enough for me I suppose)
    Lobbying against the Medical MJ bill and against the Castle Doctrine bill.
    So not really pro freedom. I know of no 'Ron Paulers' supporting Kelly.

Bill Binnie very very very wealthy businessman. Has donated to LOTS and LOTS of liberal DEMs. He seems to be trying to win the election with money. Hasn't been involved with NHGOP ever it seems. I know of at least 3 'Ron Paulers' supporting Binnie..

He has a few proliberty positions but.... something doesn't feel right to me.

Ovide Lamontagne.
    Conservative. a lawyer. Has lost 2 primaries before in NH. Seems mostly like a good guy talks about the Constitution a lot but seems like a 'typical' GOPer... I could be wrong and he is probably my second choice if I had to choose. There are a few dozen Ron Paulers supporting Binnie.

Jim Bender.
    regular guy. Businessman. He showed up at the Free State Project Liberty Forum as an attendee not as a speaker or anything. (that impressed me a bit.. other politicians show up to be seen press hands and leave. Jim actually set through sessions of speakers) there are several Ron Paulers on Jim's staff. and lots of supporters here in NH.

he is not perfect by any stretch. he is not Ron Paul... but he is the best of the lot in my opinion.

Just saw this anti Ayotte page. Doesn't look like it is from any of the other campaigns.

http://www.notayotte.com/JustPlainWrong

might be worth a few dollars

Just saw this anti Ayotte page. Doesn't look like it is from any of the other campaigns.

You are right, Jim is the best of the lot.

It is simply mind-boggling that any RPers would support Ayotte (who supported Sotomayor) or Binnie... Ayotte never prosecuted voter fraud that allowed out of staters to not only vote, but get into offices! (Can you say Grafton Treasurer?)

Ovide is a lawyer and more social conservative, while Jim is personally pro-life and has all the same practical positions with regard to parental rights, public funding etc, he also believes in constitutional stuff which Binnie never seemed to hear of. He is definitely into states rights.

A few people on this forum are upset about illegal immigration but RP's position on that is the same.

And Jim is not a 'war monger' but understands that by now we must finish what we started without endangering those who we were supposed to protect or our own people as we pull back.

That said, 'war' policy is never made by one man, certainly not by one congressman, and definitely not by the president as we've seen.

That seems to be the TriLats and shadow gov controlling that.

I'm convinced a lot of RP supporters don't realize that RP is a paleo and they are progressive liberals, just what is destroying this country.. what a shame.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.

You also have the www.knowbinnie.com

I just don't get why some of our friends in the FSP are supporting him.
    He isn't the ONLY one that is strong on guns.
    I'd say Jim and Ovide have excellent positions on that issue.