Thread: [Full Video] Rand Paul and Jack Conway at Farm Bureau Forum

[Full Video] Rand Paul and Jack Conway at Farm Bureau Forum

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm at 7:42 and the candidates haven't started speaking yet, but Conway's introduction from his campaign is being read.... What a drug warrior!

Conway actually says : "My opponent has stated unequivically for the record that he wants to do away with the Dept of Agriculture....."

No he didn't.

Yawn. Conway is willing to spend anything for anyone to get elected. The theme never changes.

Rand is on fire around 22 minute mark....

And the follow up topic by the bureau is right on point. But the SPECIFIC agreements being asked about are trash...

Rand is phrasing it in terms of being in favor of 'opening up the markets' of panama, columbia etc, but it absolutely SOUNDS like a vote for those specific agreements, and I think he had better get briefed on them...or speak to his father. They are bad agreements.

VIDEO NEEDED "JACK CONWAY LIES AGAIN" Jack says about 30 min mark that Rand stated "unequivically" to courier journal that he wanted to ABOLISH the Ag dept (he actually said he didn't think he'd ever even get a vote on abolishing it, but that he thought all depts needed to be looked to to see what could be downsized and cut) and that Rand stated later that month that he wanted to END all subsidies (when what he said was that he wanted to end a certain kind and they concluded he meant all.)

Conway is pretending he could get the pharma sweetheart deal out when that was the White House's deal. Right.

Keep track of your time counter. It keeps breaking up (maybe volume of views.)

Jack has the gall to accuse RAND of 'just kind of making things up', but look at his face while he says this (this is on energy) Jack is not a happy lad. This is right about 48 minutes (Rand's response to the question comes earlier)

However, he says he joined the suit as AG against the EPA going after carbon.... I don't know much about that.... Now he's talking subsidies again, doesn't mention his new stake in kinder morgan stock.....

One farmer was saying how disasterous it would be to Kentucky farms to expand EPA jurisdiction to anything impacting NON-navigable waters......like cattle ponds, irrigation ditches, submerged farmland..... there are a LOT of issues coming up where Rand's positions are better than Conway's for these people......OOPS! except Conway apparently doesn't like expanding the navigable waters definition either and thinks nozzles aren't a point source..... I agree, but I wonder how many of his progressive supporters do?

some papers are already saying 'Ha! Rand flipped he said he'd vote for McConnell!!' It is about 58:30 -- and he was saying he'd vote for McConnell as in 'I'll be voting for McConnell, he'll be voting for Reid -- he says he is on your side as an environmental moderate, but the leadership he will put into place stands for the opposite. Rand ended saying 'my first vote will be for a Republican leader who won't be for this.....' doubtless the McConnell bit will be spun repeatedly, but now that De Mint isn't going for leadership and we are this close to the vote in January, does anyone see Rand voting for someone else? Mitch already has the votes to win, in any event. Rand's point was that GOP leadership in general is on the farm's side on that point, whereas Conway will be supporting leadership which is opposed to the interests of the farms.

Next question at 1:00 ish, is right up Rand's alley. Balance the budget by cutting spending not raising taxes......

At 1:08 Conway is accusing Rand of waffling on term limits, mcconnell, you name it.....

WOOO HOOO!! SUddenly Conway is in favor of extending the Bush tax cuts!! HA!!! but he just said Rand waffles.....

1:11 immigration question re temporary workers and 'agricultural prevailing wage rate' rather than the higher one to bring in workers

He's pretending Rand wants an electric fence with dog colors on people.... shows what kind of media he reads....

he is saying vary vaguely that he wants amnesty and comprehensive reform.... and much more vague on the legal labor side, 'streamline it', but waited until the end to cram it in so he'd be too short of time.

The sound seems to go out of sync around 1:20

Jack wants to 'invest in broadband'... Santa Claus!!!

And he is 'humbled by the great honor of running for Henry Clay's senate seat, he is running for Wendall Ford's senate seat, he is humbled (gulp!) just talking about it.....' I think I'm going to throw up.... Does he think people LIKE being patronized?
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-22-2010 at 03:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    Conway actually says : "My opponent has stated unequivically for the record that he wants to do away with the Dept of Agriculture....."

No he didn't.

Yawn. Conway is willing to spend anything for anyone to get elected. The theme never changes.

Rand is on fire around 22 minute mark....

And the follow up topic by the bureau is right on point. But the SPECIFIC agreements being asked about are trash...

Rand is phrasing it in terms of being in favor of 'opening up the markets' of panama, columbia etc, but it absolutely SOUNDS like a vote for those specific agreements, and I think he had better get briefed on them...or speak to his father. They are bad agreements.

VIDEO NEEDED "JACK CONWAY LIES AGAIN" Jack says about 30 min mark that Rand stated "unequivically" to courier journal that he wanted to ABOLISH the Ag dept (he actually said he didn't think he'd ever even get a vote on abolishing it, but that he thought all depts needed to be looked to to see what could be downsized and cut) and that Rand stated later that month that he wanted to END all subsidies (when what he said was that he wanted to end a certain kind and they concluded he meant all.)

Conway is pretending he could get the pharma sweetheart deal out when that was the White House's deal. Right.

Keep track of your time counter. It keeps breaking up (maybe volume of views.)
    Jack claims in the video Rand told the courier journal on May 8th he wanted to end the USDA. Right around 29 minute mark.
    "And who the hell are you?" he asked. "Me?" said Galt. "I'm the driver."

So far I can tell Conway's "Risky" campaign has him "Lost in the corn."

Watching Jack "on balance" defend Obamacare now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
    Jack claims in the video Rand told the courier journal on May 8th he wanted to end the USDA. Right around 29 minute mark.
    I tried to find the article. Couldn't find anything.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    I tried to find the article. Couldn't find anything.
    Was it that video interview?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by TheDriver View Post
    Was it that video interview?
    Oh Geez. I'm not going to watch that whole thing. If someone knows the time, please post it.

My favorite part is at 58:10, where Rand ties to Harry Reid very effectively.

If someone could tell me at what time CONway talks about hemp, I would appreciate it.
    Last edited by jct74; 07-22-2010 at 03:10 PM.

Did Jack Conway "progressively' come out in support of the Bush Tax Cuts?

Quote Originally Posted by thedriver View Post
    did jack conway "progressively' come out in support of the bush tax cuts?
    yep!!

1:23:00 mark Jack wants broadband for rural farmers...

LMAO

OK, Rand, that was a stretch tying pro life etc to how much you will learn from the farm bureau. Still, if they are interested, it is out there.

Drugs is about 1:29

Rand's response is great. Local justice not mandatory sentancing centralized in DC.

Conway pushing cyber crime unit and drug warrier status....and subsidies, and UNITE.

Jack even mentions that the largest employers are the schools and government and there is hopelessness but doesn't see that maybe NOT having government be the biggest employer in itself might be a good thing....
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-22-2010 at 03:44 PM.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    All right someone needs to count how many time Conway says "Kentucky first" after about 20 times, it's real old.

Quote Originally Posted by jct74 View Post
    If someone could tell me at what time CONway talks about hemp, I would appreciate it.
    OK found it. Starts at the 9:00 mark during post debate press conference.
    http://link.brightcove.com/services/...d=207621764001

He says if law enforcement has a "difficulty in distinguishing between hemp and marijuana", then hemp should be illegal. So what he is really advocating is the status quo position (keep it illegal). He also says MJ is a gateway drug.
    Last edited by jct74; 07-22-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Jack will stand up for federal funding of trade schools, too. There is nothing he seems to want to cut.

This is hilarious, Jack magically comes out for extending the BUSH tax cuts and repealing the Death Tax without telling anyone. He then says he doesn't want to return to the Bush Era and complains about the Bush deficit. Will anyone add this up?

It's laughable how Jack wants to tie Rand (of all Republicans!) to Bush but thinks he should be able to get away from Obama. From a video posted here he supported Obama in the Dem primary while real Kentucky Democrats supported Hilary. This isn't going to fly.
    "We took it in the shorts with Bush-Cheney, the Iraq War, and by sacrificing fiscal responsibility to hold power.”
    ~John Boehner, GOP Minority Leader

"Take out all this movement stuff. There is no movement.... Look, I know this probably sounds arrogant to say but I redefined the Republican Party." ~President George W. Bush to speechwriter

Why does Rand seem like he's trying to convince COnway and his supporters to put water on the crops when he discusses subsidies and it's relation to debt and not getting to farmers:
    YouTube - Idiocracy - Brawndo

I'm really enjoying this debate so far. It is more issue based and generally less juvenile than some in the primaries. Conway is a much smoother opponent than our last was, though his "Thank you very much for that question, I appreciate it very much." is starting to sound a bit robotic.

But he started losing his cool and sounding petulant after Rand pointed out his first real actions would be voting for Reid and supporting the leadership proposing all these bad plans.

Did anyone else find it amusing that Conway said at the end of the day, it's really about turning people into taxpayers? (referring to immigrants) More money for government eh? At least he stopped himself from saying "Democrat voters..."
    Last edited by TheTyke; 07-22-2010 at 05:39 PM.

Jack will stand up for federal funding of trade schools, too. There is nothing he seems to want to cut.
    I'm pretty certain there is something he wants to cut: everybody's net income.

Well, he is now for the Bush tax cuts 'for some period of time', so I think he's a believer in printing money and destroying the currency, from everything he wants to fund.

For example, he says he 'is not a global warming denier despite his new antipathy to cap and trad, he wants subsidies. Doubtless including for natural gas to benefit the millions in Kinder Morgan stocks he bought, per one of his two disclosures (contradicted by the other disclosure.)

August, wasn't it, that he got an extention to file his next financial disclosure until?

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Well, he is now for the Bush tax cuts 'for some period of time', so I think he's a believer in printing money and destroying the currency, from everything he wants to fund.
    Well it doesn't matter what he says. As Rand so succinctly pointed out: A vote for Conway is a Vote for Reid, Obama and the rest of the ultra-left liberals.

If anything is clear from today, Conway is going to spend his entire campaign running as far away from that gang as he possibly can.

Conway sounds very fake here. Uses too many cheesy lines.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cowlesy View Post
    Americans in general are jedi masters of blaming every other person.

Gotta get this guy in the Senate.

Fantastic.

Gotta love Rand articulating free markets and giving farmers some tough love.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Oh Geez. I'm not going to watch that whole thing. If someone knows the time, please post it.
    Who knows what Jack was smearing from but here's the transcript from the relative section of the interview:

In the video interview with the Courier Journal, the board starts going through a checklist of departments asking if he would eliminate them.

The question (26:20): You father pushes for eliminating of the agriculture department? (was the question)

Paul:

"Well, I'm not for the big subsidies out of the agriculture department. Whether you have one or not and it would be true of any of these different departments. Can any of them really, am I going to have a valid attempt at getting rid of some of these departments? Probably not. But we certainly have to get rid of the stuff that is bad from these departments. Like No Child Left Behind. We might have a chance of getting rid of NCLB but not the Department of Education"

He then goes on to criticize corporate welfare. He never said he wanted to abolish or end the USDA.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...mplate=mogulus

Conway is lying and pandering, he'll tell anyone what they want to hear

He's for the tax cuts, not for cutting spending, "not necessarily against trade agreements", is now against cap and trade... the list goes on

He is so slimey and will say anything