Thread: McMahon Continues to Vastly Outspend Peter Schiff in Connecticut GOP Primary

McMahon Continues to Vastly Outspend Peter Schiff in Connecticut GOP Primary

Linda McMahon, the former chief executive of World Wrestling Entertainment who said that she's willing to spend $50 million of her own money to win Connecticut's U.S. Senate race, continues to vastly outspend investment advisor Peter Schiff, her libertarian-leaning challenger in the state's August 10 primary.

According to her latest FEC filing, covering the period from April 1 through June 30, McMahon put another $5.5 million into her campaign, bringing her total personal investment to $21.5 million — or more than seven times the amount Schiff has raised during the entire campaign.

Schiff, who successfully petitioned his way onto the primary ballot, raised close to $450,000 during the same reporting period, bringing his overall total to nearly $2.9 million.

Despite being vastly outspent, Peter Schiff is still hoping for a come-from-behind victory in the August 10 primary.

Hoping to pull off a major upset against the well-heeled ex-wrestling promoter, the financial guru and former economic advisor to Ron Paul’s 2008 presidential campaign ended June with approximately $483,000 cash on hand compared to more than $3.2 million for McMahon.

Former U.S. Rep. Rob Simmons, who suspended his campaign in late May after failing to win his party's endorsement, raised more than $110,000 during the last three months.

A Quinnipiac Poll of likely Republican voters released on Friday showed McMahon with a commanding 39-point lead over Schiff with a quarter of those surveyed stating a preference for Simmons, whose name will remain on the primary ballot and has recently flirted with the idea of jumping back into the race.
    http://www.uncoveredpolitics.com/201...t-gop-primary/

Let´s phonebank even harder and win this!!!!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I hate to say it, but as long as Rob Simmons supporters are tossing away votes on a suspended campaign McMahon has got this one in the bag. I will still be calling my heart out. Simmons is a tool for playing this half in / half out game.

I live on Long Island. I've been constantly hearing Linda Mcmahon commercials on the radio for months. Linda also advertises all over the New York tv stations. I have yet to hear or see a Peter Schiff commercial. Why isn't Peter advertising? Making matters worse is that Mcmahon advertises herself as anti establishment. She is just another Scott Brown.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesButabi View Post
    I hate to say it, but as long as Rob Simmons supporters are tossing away votes on a suspended campaign McMahon has got this one in the bag. I will still be calling my heart out. Simmons is a tool for playing this half in / half out game.
    I think we can get them to vote Schiff!

Schiff has ONLY 2% unfavorables!
    KEEP THE REVOLUTION ALIVE! RUN FOR OFFICE!

Quote Originally Posted by Justin D View Post
    I live on Long Island. I've been constantly hearing Linda Mcmahon commercials on the radio for months. Linda also advertises all over the New York tv stations. I have yet to hear or see a Peter Schiff commercial. Why isn't Peter advertising? Making matters worse is that Mcmahon advertises herself as anti establishment. She is just another Scott Brown.
    Schiff is going to do a media blitz soon. He can't go toe to toe with McMahon.

Quote Originally Posted by Justin D View Post
    Look at his funds, and then look at our DMA. The answer is in the math.