• Joe Sestak

3 25.00%
  • Write-In

1 8.33%
  • I will not be voting in this race

3 25.00%

Thread: Pennsylvania Senate Poll

Pennsylvania Senate Poll

PA residents, for whom will you be voting and why?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I will be voting for Joe Sestak, but I can conceive of a decent reason to vote for Pat Toomey, namely because it might be beneficial to have a Republican controlled congress during a Democratic administration. Hopefully a temporary balance of partisan power would help thwart any Democratic agenda coming down the pipes.

On the other hand, I am still standing by my (long term) position that empty small-government rhetoric is our greatest threat, and should always be punished with the loss of an election. The GOP needs to be treated like a child. If a child refuses to eat his vegetables, you don't let him leave the table until he does.

oh and btw...

Toomey is leading Sestak 45% to 38%. No surprises here. I don't think I've ever picked the winning side of anything.

ETA: except the Mexico v. France world cup game

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsylvania View Post
    PA residents, for whom will you be voting and why?
    I'll be voting for Doug Jamison.

Sestak appears to be a big war, big government candidate.

Toomey comes off as a big war, limited government candidate. That combination is very dishonest. The US empire will bankrupt this country. When a candidates says he will cut spending while expanding the military oversee, it is a lie.

I don't see a good record of Toomey being pro-individual liberty.

How did Sestak earn your support?

Quote Originally Posted by dean.engelhardt View Post
    I'll be voting for Doug Jamison.

Sestak appears to be a big war, big government candidate.

Toomey comes off as a big war, limited government candidate. That combination is very dishonest. The US empire will bankrupt this country. When a candidates says he will cut spending while expanding the military oversee, it is a lie.

I don't see a good record of Toomey being pro-individual liberty.

How did Sestak earn your support?
    I hadn't heard of Doug Jamison. He looks like he has potential, though I think he should expand on his positions a little further on his website.

Sestak didn't earn my support; he certainly doesn't deserve it and I don't consider him any different from Pat Toomey. If I vote for him, it will be entirely strategic. The party difference is relevant though since this strategy is GOP-specific.

Quote Originally Posted by Pennsylvania View Post
    I hadn't heard of Doug Jamison. He looks like he has potential, though I think he should expand on his positions a little further on his website.

Sestak didn't earn my support; he certainly doesn't deserve it and I don't consider him any different from Pat Toomey. If I vote for him, it will be entirely strategic. The party difference is relevant though since this strategy is GOP-specific.
    To tell the truth I had to dig to find Jamison today. My strategy is Sestak and Toomey don't deserve my vote, so it automatically goes to the LP candidate. Its not a winning strategy, but I can sleep at night.

If I vote I don't think I'll support either, I'd probably just vote for the LP candidate. The best we can hope for in Washington is gridlock so I'd probably like to see a Republican congress while Obama is president. I think voting is a waste of time for many reasons but I'll probably just vote out of curiosity since I have never voted before.

Toomey isn't terrible, he definently isn't ideal on the foreign policy front, but I'd say he's very close to where we are economically. I think if he wins the seat he will be an ally of Rand and hopefully Schiff on economic issues. He ran the Club for Growth.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.