Thread: Did Ron Paul introduce Audit the Fed too early?

Did Ron Paul introduce Audit the Fed too early?

So I just had this idea pop up in my head today...

Did he introduce his Fed Audit bill too early on? Instead of introducing HR 1207 in the Fall of 2009, what if Ron waited until early 2011, after a possible Republican take-over of the House and/or Senate this year in 2010? Given the fact that all 100+ Congressmen who voted No after co-sponsoring HR 1207 were all Democrats, perhaps the Fed Audit bill would've been successfully passed under a Republican majority in the House?

Plus, if the Fed Audit bill was successfully passed 2011, that would be tremendous political momentum heading into the 2012 campaign season...

I know it's worthless discussing "what ifs", but I just wonder if this was a poor tactical decision made by Dr Paul...

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    no, it wasn't a poor tactic, because he can introduce it again after the Republicans take over.

Possibly, but he had to strike while the iron was hot. Since the economy was front page news he was much more easily able to turn the Fed into an issue by introducing an audit at that time - in the midst of the economic crisis.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

It gives GOP candidates a rallying cry. Even if they're neocons, they can still run on it. If the Fed's books are opened, then the Fed might be abolished. If we do that, bye bye foreign adventurism!
    Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

He introduces it every year. This time everyone was focused on the economy so he had no problem getting co-sponsors.

The problems came up when it went into committee and had the teeth of the bill stripped from it, and his reintroduction to put the good stuff back in was sabotaged by someone introducing an amendment to the bill that make it unpalatable to Dems.

More of a tactical question is that the economy would go through some pain between ending the FED (if that could be accomplished) and the economy getting better.

If he gets the fed/gold reserves audited and the public is outraged, he's on a rocket of popular support.

If he can get something through that dramatically improves the economy, he's on a rocket.

If he scores a major victory by ending the fed and things get worse - well, things don't look good and "Ron Paul was right" will start to be questioned.

-t

no, definitely not. It was perfect timing. Ron Paul along with everyone of us who made calls to get cosponsors pushed the issue to the front burner of American politics. It is there and only being ignored by the bank-owned pols. Just wait til 2011!
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

I wonder if from a state level, just one FED Reserve District could be turned and the FED banned in that district only - then the rest of the country could look at how well it worked...

Which district would have the best chance of kicking the bums out?

-t

Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post
    I wonder if from a state level, just one FED Reserve District could be turned and the FED banned in that district only - then the rest of the country could look at how well it worked...

-t
    That's good idea there tangent4ronpaul but how we go about doing it?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by tangent4ronpaul View Post

-t
    That is actually a very interesting idea. Nullification would work but the feds would likely just move it to the next state. I could see nullification happening in the Midwest and Southeast.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

How would they "nullify" a Federal Reserve branch? And what good would it do?
    "That's one thing about freedom; you have to tolerate the nonsense too." - Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    That is actually a very interesting idea. Nullification would work but the feds would likely just move it to the next state. I could see nullification happening in the Midwest and Southeast.
    Districts 6, 8, 10, maybe 11 and maybe 9.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst