Thread: Utah Liberty: Project Nullification - Looking for volunteers!

Utah Liberty: Project Nullification - Looking for volunteers!

Utah Liberty: Project Nullification

About the Project

I received my copy of Nullification during Independence Day weekend. I’m familiar with the political theory, have written in support of it, and have a good grasp of its history and implications.

But as I was reading through Woods’ persuasive compilation of examples and arguments, a thought struck me clearly and energetically: this book needs to be read by those who can actually implement the ideas.

Over the next few minutes, the simple (yet potentially monumental) project came together: raise enough money to buy a copy of the book for every state legislator in Utah. Our state has already in the past nullified federal laws, such as with No Child Left Behind, REAL ID, firearms regulation, and health care. These are excellent examples of the power of nullification, and the success Utah has had in defending its sovereign powers, reserved to itself and us Utahns under the tenth amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

It doesn’t—and shouldn’t—stop there. While these are great strides in the movement towards liberty and a constitutionally-limited government, there is much more that can be done. The entire state legislature would do well to read and understand the arguments presented in Nullification, and commit to advancing additional legislation that would continue this trend.

The success of this project depends not only upon the grassroots donations of interested Utahs, but the persistence and persuasion of citizens around the state in order to ensure that each legislator reads and comprehends the subject matter. It’s easy to buy and mail a book. It’s not as easy to get someone to read and understand it.

This book, however, is a must-read for those who have been entrusted with protecting Utahns in the enjoyment of their life, liberty, and pursuit of happiness. Our federal government has repeatedly overstepped its bounds; now is the time when our state legislature must apply pressure to check the federal government and restore the liberties we are losing. Nullification is how it can be done.

===========

Nullification - The Best Weapon we have against Government Tyranny

Nullification: How to Resist Federal Tyranny in the 21st Century

State vs. Federal: The Nullification Movement
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....ation-movement

Nullification in a Nutshell
    http://www.thenewamerican.com/index....-in-a-nutshell

States Can Nullify Unconstitutional Federal Laws!

YouTube - Thomas Woods : States Can Nullify Unconstitutional Federal Laws!
    ----

Ron Paul Forum's Mission Statement:

Inspired by US Rep. Ron Paul of Texas, this site is dedicated to facilitating grassroots initiatives that aim to restore a sovereign limited constitutional Republic based on the rule of law, states' rights and individual rights. We seek to enshrine the original intent of our Founders to foster respect for private property, seek justice, provide opportunity, and to secure individual liberty for ourselves and our posterity.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I've already donated - I am assuming this is the same Project Nullification that was/is being run by Connor Boyack? If not, you guys need to co-ordinate, it sounds like the identical idea. His chip-in was doing very well when I donated over a week ago. I'd be amazed if he hasn't already far surpassed his goal.

edit: nm I actually clicked the link you provided and see that it is indeed Connor's project. I am surprised it is still only about halfway to the goal. It was over $600 within 48 hours of him starting the project.
    Last edited by Original_Intent; 07-16-2010 at 10:35 AM.
    "The journalist is one who separates the wheat from the chaff, and then prints the chaff." - Adlai Stevenson

“I tell you that virtue does not come from money: but from virtue comes money and all other good things to man, both to the individual and to the state.” - Socrates