Thread: Rand Paul gets money from small donors; Jack Conway gets his money from PACs

Rand Paul gets money from small donors; Jack Conway gets his money from PACs

At least that is the take-away I get from reading this article.

http://www.courier-journal.com/artic...+money+on+hand

Which makes me wonder, why does the myth of Dems as 'for the working man' still persist?

Jack Conway 'has twice as much money on hand' at the end of the last quarter, if you count the $400,000 he loaned to himself.

However, even the Courier Journal notes that only 7% of the amount Jack raised came from donations under $200 per person, which do not have to be itemized.

46% of Rand Paul's donations came from people who gave less than $200. And Rand Paul got more in donations, since Jack's loan to himself doesn't count as one.

And Jack Conway received $265,788 from political action committees, while Rand Paul received only $8,820 in PAC donations.

Still, The Jack Conway Newsletter HEADLINE, of course, is that Jack had twice as much on hand. Likely this is all most who cruise by the headline on google will ever see.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 07-15-2010 at 04:40 PM. Reason: to change title and make it catchier

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.