Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: ***Official Music in a Language Other Than English Thread***

Diana Ankudinova, age 14 - amazing voice

Diana before her the television win

Last edited by AZJoe; 01-05-2019 at 01:27 PM.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

The Little Black Dragon also sings - singing Fighter of The Destiny

Last edited by AZJoe; 04-08-2019 at 04:37 AM.

Sacred Spirit - Yeha Noha

Enya - The River Sings

8. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Who will sing me
    Into the death-sleep sling me
    When I walk the road to Hel
    And the tracks I tread
    Are cold, so cold

I sought the songs
    I sent the songs
    When the deepest well
    Offered drops so mighty
    Of Valfather’s pledge

I know it all, Odin
    Where you hid your eye

Early or in fading day
    Still the raven knows if I fall

When you stand by the gate of Hel
    And when you must tear loose
    Follow you I shall
    Across the bridge of Gjöll
    With my song

You will be free from the bonds that bind you
    You are free from the bonds that bound you

[Håvamål - The High Ones' Speech, Poetic Edda]

Cattle die, kinsmen die
    You yourself will also die
    But the word about you will never die
    If you win a good reputation

Cattle die, kinsmen die
    You yourself will also die
    I know one thing that never dies
    The reputation of those who died

https://genius.com/Wardruna-helvegen...slation-lyrics

So, from that song is this:

When you stand by the gate of Hel
    And when you must tear loose
    Follow you I shall
    Across the bridge of Gjoll
    With my song

And, what is Gjoll?

Gjoll is the name of the river which flows closest to the Nordic underworld. All of the dead going there have to cross over the bridge, Gjallarbrú, to reach Hel.

Which, of course brought to mind the River Styx!!!

The River Styx is a principal river in the Greek underworld (also called Hades). The river forms a border between the underworld and the world of the living. The word means hate in Greek and is named after the goddess, Styx. She was the daughter of Oceanus and Tethys.

Then in Egyptian mythology we have Nut (water), the goddess whose body represented the Milky Way (celestial Nile) and transported the souls across.

It appears we have another case of ancient mythologies telling the same story. I wonder how many cultures have this crossing a river in death allegory. I'll bet there are more.

Rammstein - Reise, Reise (Live at Hellfest 2016)

Quote Originally Posted by AZJoe View Post
    Chinese version of the song

Kesh You - Асыкпа "Patience"

Last edited by AZJoe; 05-08-2019 at 09:51 AM.

Altai Music
    Last edited by AZJoe; 04-22-2019 at 10:00 PM.

Awesome Gaelic song -

Faun

17. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Rizamin - Grateful

Another performance of same song.
    Last edited by AZJoe; 05-05-2019 at 10:54 AM.

Jeanette - Porque Te Vas

Greek, Byzantine style:
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Notre-Dame de Paris : Mireille Mathieu "Ave Maria"/Hommage incendie du 15 avril 2019 .

Last edited by timosman; 05-01-2019 at 10:11 PM.

Mireille Mathieu - Santa Maria de la mer (1978)

Belle, the original cast(Garou, Daniel, Patric)

26. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Milla Jovovich also sings. Here is a lost video of a young Milla singing a Cossack Song

Last edited by AZJoe; 05-03-2019 at 07:52 PM.

Uighur dance and folk music.

Rammstein - Mutter

N-FASIS ( el violador de conejos ) - LENTO

35. Remove this section of ads by registering.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast