Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ***Official Music in a Language Other Than English Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Son of Detroit View Post
    Damn. I can't hear this song now without thinking of Will Farrell's version of this at the end of Step Brothers, complete with John Reilly throwing in the occasional "boats & ho's" line, haha.

Sorry for going nuts with this post, but I have a massive soft spot for Finnish metal and rock bands that sing in their mother tongue. I listen to a few bands that sing in Norwegian, Swedish and German as well, but Finnish always does it for me. I started listening to music with Finnish lyrics when I still lived in the US and I became fascinated with the language after I started listening to a band called Viikate (videos below). I was so enamored with Finnish that I got some books and tried to learn the language on my own. Yeah. Definitely not the easiest language to learn, but I still love it (and now I get to hear it every day).

Viikate - regardless of what language they sing in, they're one of the catchiest bands ever, IMO
    YouTube - Viikate - Unen Nukkuja
    YouTube - Viikate ei enkeleitä
    YouTube - Viikate - Tie

Tenhi - Mellow Finnish folk:
    YouTube - Tenhi - Lauluni Sinulle/Mavourneen's Song

Turmion Kätilöt (TK for short or for anyone who'd rather not attempt to say 'Kätilöt' )- Industrial-Metal and Finland's heavier, ballsier answer to Rammstein. It's a goofy video, but after reading their funny lyrics and seeing the shenanigans they pull off live, a goofy video is definitely fitting for them.
    YouTube - Turmion kätilöt - Verta ja lihaa

Moonsorrow - Finnish Metal
    YouTube - Raunioilla - Moonsorrow - Kivenkantaja

Ulver - Norwegian folk (for one of their albums, anyway):
    YouTube - Ulver- Østenfor Sol Og Vestenfor Maane

Thyrfing - Swedish metal. This song is about the Black Plague
    YouTube - Thyrfing: Digerdöden
    Last edited by Hallamaat; 07-26-2010 at 10:04 AM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

4. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Last edited by Andrew Ryan; 08-09-2010 at 06:11 PM.
    "If a nation expects to be
    ignorant and free...
    it expects what never was
    and never will be."

I got a bunch of Indian (Bollywood) music videos from movies here (most with english subtitles):

http://www.askbutwhy.com/search/label/Hindi

Shpongle perfoming "Around The World In A Tea Daze" live in London (split into two parts, vocals kick in around 4min mark)

YouTube - Shpongle - Live in Concert - Part 17 - HQ

YouTube - Shpongle - Live in Concert - Part 18 - HQ
    Reality is independent of Popularity.

Don't taze me bro. Don't touch my junk. Don't tread on me.

Maybe you need a friend not into politics... http://saveadogrescue.com/ http://www.petfinder.com/pet-search?shelter_id=TX1472

ignorant and free...
    and never will be."

ignorant and free...
    and never will be."

13. Remove this section of ads by registering.

ignorant and free...
    and never will be."

ART-SCHOOL, Japanese alternative rock band, English subtitles on the videos.

YouTube - ART-SCHOOL - Kanon (Live)[Eng Subs]

YouTube - ART-SCHOOL - Freesia [Eng Subs]
    You gently drew the dream as it was: floating, as it goes out. On the other side of the world, it does so, floating, as it goes out.

Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

YouTube - Salif Keïta - La différence

Keita's latest album, La Différence, was produced around the year end of 2009. The work is dedicated to the struggle of the world albino community (victims of human sacrifice), for which Keita has been crusading all his life. In one of the album's tracks, the singer calls others to understand that "difference" does not mean "bad" and to show love and compassion towards albinos like everyone else:"I am black/ my skin is white/ so I am white and my blood is black [albino]/... I love that because it is a difference that's beautiful..", "some of us are beautiful some are not/some are black some are white/all that difference was on purpose.. for us to complete each other/let everyone gets his love and dignity/the world will be beautiful."
    Last edited by RedStripe; 08-22-2010 at 10:41 PM.

~~~Forum Asshole & Resident Annoying Leftist~~~
    ~~Member of BAFC (Blame America First Crowd)~~

"The natural wage of labor is its product." -- Benjamin R. Tucker

"It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it." -- Aristotle

ignorant and free...
    and never will be."

22. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosControl View Post
    Haha, that's so stereotypically Japanese.
    You gently drew the dream as it was: floating, as it goes out. On the other side of the world, it does so, floating, as it goes out.

Quote Originally Posted by ChaosControl View Post
    I love you.
    ignorant and free...
    and never will be."

Quote Originally Posted by Kýrie eléison View Post
    Haha, that's so stereotypically Japanese.
    YouTube - Kawabe Chieco - Kyandi Beibee PV

Quote Originally Posted by Andrew Ryan View Post
    I love you.
    YouTube - [HQ] Alizee - Mademoiselle Juliette
    Last edited by ChaosControl; 08-25-2010 at 02:04 PM.

ignorant and free...
    and never will be."

ignorant and free...
    and never will be."

31. Remove this section of ads by registering.

"He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Bman View Post
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast