Thread: Has anyone had acupuncture?

Has anyone had acupuncture?

And did it help you?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by paulpwns View Post
    yes and yes.
    elaborate much?

It has been around for thousands of years. It helped me with intense shoulder pain after I received the therapy. Worth every single cent. Eastern medicine is amazing!

Quote Originally Posted by paulpwns View Post
    It has been around for thousands of years. It helped me with intense shoulder pain after I received the therapy. Worth every single cent. Eastern medicine is amazing!
    Shhhh don't say that out loud...No need to wake up the facist pharma companies...

Quote Originally Posted by RCA View Post
    And did it help you?
    (You're falling apart!)

I haven't, because I have an aversion to needles. That's a bit odd considering how many times I have to get blood drawn on a regular basis, but it's definitely a visual thing: I simply can't stand to see a needle in my flesh. The idea of many needles sitting there nodding in time to my pulse... *yuck*

HOWEVER I have never heard someone say it absolutely did nothing for them. It seems like one of those things that'd be worth a try. Just make sure the person knows what they are doing and those needles are sterile.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

No, but I recently underwent a bout of shoulder pain. I didn't seek any treatment, but (and I know this sounds odd) my gut instinct was telling me that accupuncture would make it feel better.

If it has persisted, that probably would have been the first treatment I sought, but only because it "felt" right - it was easy for me to envision relief from tiny needles stuck in my back.

Like I said, I know it sounds odd....

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    (You're falling apart!)
    I just need to change my lifestyle, and I'm slowly but surely doing so.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Yes and yes, with this:

It only lasted for about 45 minutes, about long enough for me to get home. I did some therepy at home, per his instructions and that did help a little, but not as much as the acupuncture did. (consisted of burning a stick of special "incense" and going through a series of "motions" and applications...) Turns out my problem was exactly what he had said it was and cutting down on my cheese intake did the trick.

As to the needles, I'm not big on them either, but if the person doing the acupuncture is good, you will be plenty relaxed before starting and it will be painless. You DO feel the needles "hit the sweet spot" so to speak, but it doesn't hurt at all.

Chinese herbal pills/remedies: I highly reccomend... I still use some of them.

All in all, the best acupuncturists will be herbalists as well and will look at your issue as a whole and will try to pin point exactly what it is that is causing you the problem.
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

I've done it here in Korea a few times. The relaxation and massage is great, but for my particular problem it didn't seem to help. Maybe because I was skeptical. The second time I did it, it worked better. I'd do it again. My jobs national health care pays for it, so it costs me about $10 for an hour.
    " Anyone can become angry. That is easy. But to be angry with the right person, to the right degree, at the right time, for the right purpose and in the right way - that is not easy." --Aristotle