Thread: Big hips 'impair' women's memory, study finds

Big hips 'impair' women's memory, study finds

Here we go again, another study telling women how to shape their bodies:

Big hips 'impair' women's memory, a study finds

A woman's body shape may influence how good her memory is, according to US researchers

Being pear-shaped may hamper brain function, the researchers believe

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-10614837

Another study found that big beer guts did not effect men's memory in any way.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    that's a pretty sexual pear you got there

Psh whatever. It's better for a woman to have big hips than a big belly, imo! I think hips are sexy and womanly. I don't mean if you have big hips because you are 200 lbs overweight. I've read that apple shaped women face more health risks than pear shaped women. http://www.freedieting.com/body_shape.htm

How, exactly, does one get rid of wide hips? Is there going to be a new surgery to file down one's hipbones?

By the way, being "pear-shaped" has more to do with ratios than actually just having big hips.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

big hips = birthin' hips = kids = fried brain = memory loss

A woman's shape also affects the memory of guys who happen to see her too :-P
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post
    How, exactly, does one get rid of wide hips? Is there going to be a new surgery to file down one's hipbones?

By the way, being "pear-shaped" has more to do with ratios than actually just having big hips.
    It would have nothing to do with bone structure and more to do with fat deposits.

Particularly with women body fat levels are very correlated with hormone production. Since hormones directly effect virtually every aspect of ones body and brain, a change in hormone production can and does change cognitive processes.

Quote Originally Posted by Seraphim View Post
    It would have nothing to do with bone structure and more to do with fat deposits.

Particularly with women body fat levels are very correlated with hormone production. Since hormones directly effect virtually every aspect of ones body and brain, a change in hormone production can and does change cognitive processes.
    You don't need to have any fat on you to be pear-shaped. There are scrawny girls whose pelvic bones are simply far wider than their ribcages. You can have oodles of fat on you and still be "hourglass" shaped, or even top-heavy. Finally, you can have big hips and be balanced out on top.

I doubt sincerely it's just "big hips = memory loss," and even if it were, there wouldn't be much one could do about it.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You don't need to have any fat on you to be pear-shaped. There are scrawny girls whose pelvic bones are simply far wider than their ribcages. You can have oodles of fat on you and still be "hourglass" shaped, or even top-heavy. Finally, you can have big hips and be balanced out on top.

I doubt sincerely it's just "big hips = memory loss," and even if it were, there wouldn't be much one could do about it.
    Don't confuse correlation with causation.

I was also not expressing any opinion on the validity of the research. I don't know what correlation was found or if it a repeatable experiment.

Nearly all of the studies which try to show impacts on brain function -either positive or negative- seem to come back to blood flow. Exercise is good for the brain. Being overweight (more fat in blood- poorer circulation) is bad for the brain.

Lol

I think this boils down to a group of scientists who figured out a way to get grant money for looking at women's butts. And frankly, as much as I hate what government funding has done to science, I have to respect them for it.
    The proper concern of society is the preservation of individual freedom; the proper concern of the individual is the harmony of society.

"Who would be free, themselves must strike the blow." - Byron

"Who overcomes by force, hath overcome but half his foe." - Milton

For every study that says one thing, you can find another that says the opposite.

Curvy Women Have Smarter Kids
    http://www.associatedcontent.com/art...ds.html?cat=25

Waist-hip ratio and IQ
    http://worldfrontpage.com/waist-hip_ratio_and_iq

Study: Curvy hips lure men to smart women
    http://www.physorg.com/news114062670.html

Sexy AND smart: Why an hourglass figure means brains as well as beauty
    http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/ar...#ixzz0tha6ULz8

Quote Originally Posted by Liberty Star View Post
    Being pear-shaped may hamper brain function, the researchers believe
    And the common cold is caused by a runny nose. Great work scienticians!
    "No matter how noble you try to make it, your good intentions will not compensate for the mistakes that people make; that want to run
    our lives and run the economy, and reject the principles of private property and making up our own decisions for ourselves." -Ron Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Ninja Homer View Post
    And the common cold is caused by a runny nose.
    No way.