Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Please stop the stupid attacks on religion!

Please stop the stupid attacks on religion!

OK, I am not a super religious person, getting to church maybe twice a year on a good year.

But, I do believe in God, but that is not even the point. The point is there are a lot of believers who support Ron Paul. Ron Paul himself is a believer.

I saw a comment on another thread talking about people who wont support RP, because they disagree on one thing but they will support say Giuliani even thought they know he is scum. Then the response was "Yeah it is completely baffling, it is as illogical as believing in religion" or something like that.

And there are a lot of "attack religion" type posts that jsut have no place on these forums. I mean, the threads are not even discussing religion and non believers just throw these stupid potshots out.

The thing is, many of these people are the ones that also tell "truthers" not to use the Ron Paul movement to promote beliefs that Ron Paul himslef does not espouse. Well guess what? People that are using these forums to promote "non-belief" are doing exactly the same thing. And they are also harming the movement although not as visibly as the truthers.

Let me just summarize: I am NOT using these forums to proseletyze people to my religion, please do not use them to promote your belief systems, save your beliefs as pertain to government, and how to get Ron Paul elected.

Believe what you want. And you certainly can post whatever you like. But I have to wonder - Aetheists and agnostics are always bragging about how they are "as good or better than puritanical religious people" and that you don't need God to be "good". Yet I don't see believers deriding non-believers lack of faith, but numerous times in the past several months I do see non believers opining on the "stupidity" of religion.

The man you are supporting is one of those stupid, misled fools, maybe you had better re-evaluate where you are and why.

Peace out. There are plenty of people who I feel are probably agnostic or aetheist and have been perfectly respectful. I am not attacking anyones belief system. I am asking for some common courtesy respecting others' beliefs.

Kevin
    Last edited by Original_Intent; 10-14-2007 at 10:31 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Amen.
    My review of the For Liberty documentary:
    digg.com/d315eji
    (please Digg and post comments on the HuffPost site)

"This political train-wreck Republicans face can largely be traced to Bush’s philosophical metamorphosis from a traditional, non-interventionist conservative to the neoconservatives’ exemplar of a 'War President', and his positioning of the Republicans as the 'War Party'."

Nicholas Sanchez on Bush's legacy, September 30, 2007.

with Dr Paul as president we will all be freer than ever to make our own choice

I am a christian, but an atheist is NOT my enemy, don't treat me as one.
    No one reads signatures.

I agree Im tired of the attacks myself......they usually involve some inaccurate assertion of religion or people of faith......

Soooo PREACH IT PASTA

Quote Originally Posted by Bradley in DC View Post
    Amen.
    Lol.

Quote Originally Posted by RP4ME View Post
    I agree Im tired of the attacks myself......they usually involve some inaccurate assertion of religion or people of faith......

Soooo PREACH IT PASTA
    oh no a pastafarian!
    No one reads signatures.

I've never attacked anyone based on their religion on here. I don't care if you're Christian or Atheist or Hindu, as long as you're voting for Ron Paul. Our leader is a Christian so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. We have to appeal to Christians so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. Congressman Paul has dedicated his life in politics to preaching the importance of individual liberty and I suggest that we follow his lead on this.

And congratulations to myself for my 800th post. I deserve it.
    Last edited by Ron Paul Fan; 10-14-2007 at 10:52 PM.
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

I
    HATE
    hate
    HATE

when people go "It's freedom OF religion not freedom FROM religion! Atheist don't belong here, they deserve what they get!"

They literally had a segment like that on CNN. It was sickening, and I'm not even an atheist. "So...you have the freedom of press, I don't see you writing a newspaper. GTFO THE COUNTRY!" is what I would reply.

random thought...
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul Fan View Post
    I've never attacked anyone based on their religion on here. I don't care if you're Christian or Atheist or Hindu, as long as you're voting for Ron Paul. Our leader is a Christian so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. We have to appeal to Christians so it would be pretty silly of people to attack them. Congressman Paul had dedicated his life in politics to preaching the importance of individual liberty and I suggest that we follow his lead on this.

And congratulations to myself for my 800th post. I deserve it.
    I haven't seen PERSONAL attacks at all, for which I am grateful.

But I have seen dozens of "If you are stupid enough for x, you are probably stupid enough to belileve in (insert religious belief here).

I think it is one of those things with the anonymity of the internet. I don't think anyone would ever talk like that in a room with a mix of believers and non-believers.

Kevin, great post.

Please:
    1. Don't use inappropriate videos, etc. to promote Ron Paul (e.g. Zeitgeist)
    2. Be very careful with labels (e.g. Zionist)

"I do not believe that ideas have an expiration date"

http://RonPaulIsHope.com

Its not just here, Comments from RP supporters on youtube, google and other places.

My wifes brother and his family have not chosen RP because of a few of his followers anti-God sentiments. My wifes family, brothers, and mom are long time conservatives, that DO NOT LIKE the status quo, Top tier candidates... But they are going with Huckabee and NOT RP. His wife spotted some pretty bad comments on youtube.(multiple occasions) --- Enough for me to hear about the complaint. I'm doing my best to get them to research him a bit more. And to not look at supporters sentiments as being equal to Ron Paul's.

Anyway, Keep up the anti-God rhetoric and see how far RP gets.---

Just my 2 cents.

I know most of us know this... but pass the word to others outside of this forum.

thanks,

Truckinmike
    “No people will tamely surrender their Liberties, nor can any be easily subdued, when knowledge is diffused and virtue is preserved. On the Contrary, when People are universally ignorant, and debauched in their Manners, they will sink under their own weight without the Aid of foreign Invaders.”
    ― Samuel Adams

Last edited by terlinguatx; 01-25-2022 at 09:54 PM.

Thank you for this post good friend. I agree with you 100% here.

Though I am a Christian and I do believe that true Christians should live their faith and not just profess it. I also pray that all would come to know the good Lord Jesus our Christ but I most certainly do not believe that I or anyone else can force our faith on others. I have never done this and I never will.

Even God Himself does not force himself upon humanity. He has laid out the rules and given us all the choice to believe or not believe.

I believe that as Christians we should treat our faith in somewhat the same manner that Dr. Paul talks about our foreign policy. We should live our faith and pray that others want to emulate us.

I have always been perplexed with these attacks you have mentioned here and especially so on these forums that are in support of a man that is Christian himself.

I mean, you would think that all these non-believers who claim that Christians are so intolerant and judgmental would be a little more tolerant and lot less judgmental.

Again, I am not sure how far this will go but thank you...

Some atheist are just as dogmatic about their beliefs as christians. For the sake of freedom call a truce
    No one reads signatures.

I haven't see much of that in a while. Normally we jump in when someone makes unfounded claims about evolution or science in general.

Why does everyone here have such thin skin? You would think people here would have more confidence in themselves and their beliefs. People disagree on things, its not a big deal.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I tried to look for the thread you are talking about and I can't find it. Could you please link to it. I did a search for the quotes you provided and nothing came up.

"Any monkey worth his salt would give any bird a beak flip" -Perry DeAngelis

wtf does that mean?

We should just accept that Ron Paul supporters come from all walks of life.

We should just remember the advice given to us a couple months ago by our candidate. "The freedom message brings us together, it doesn't divide us." -Congressman Paul
    "Instead of the “end of history,” we are now experiencing the end of a vocal limited-government movement in our nation’s capital. While most conservatives no longer defend balanced budgets and reduced spending, most liberals have grown lazy in defending civil liberties and now are approving wars that we initiate. The so-called “third way” has arrived and, sadly, it has taken the worst of what the conservatives and liberals have to offer." -Ron Paul

In return, I request that people not link to and ask us to give money to religious groups that seek to suppress free speech, like the Family Research Council.

I started that thread you are referring to. I went back through the entire thing and nowhere in there do I see any attack on religion. I think people need to work on their reading comprehension skills.

Trust me . . .

"There will be no RP athiests on the day of the Primaries!"

Great post.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Nobody is attacking a religion.

Certain religions who shake down the US Government *ARE* attacking us and many are becoming cowards in the face of the root causes of our flawed foreign policy.

Get your facts straight.
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

Quote Originally Posted by kylejack View Post
    In return, I request that people not link to and ask us to give money to religious groups that seek to suppress free speech, like the Family Research Council.
    The Family Research Council represents a voting block from which RP stands to get a great deal of support. He's already the clear second favorite candidate among the religious right. And when Huckabee bows out RP may well command the support of the majority of that movement. We should definitely be working heavily to show them how great of a candidate RP is them (and, coming from a conservative evangelical position myself, he is outstanding). Naturally, we have a diverse movement, and some of the less religious members of these forums may not be as drawn to working that crowd as some others of us. But at least learn to appreciate that the work is being done and that there are people here doing it.

As for asking for money. All organizations do that. Why is is so bad that the FRC website linked in a thread on here does? By the way, I followed that link and donated $1, both so that I could vote in their straw poll and because I think it's a good organization. Kudos to whomever started that thread.

walt,

go bury your head in the sand. you must stop these attacks. MUST.

Quote Originally Posted by walt View Post
    Nobody is attacking a religion.

Certain religions who shake down the US Government *ARE* attacking us and many are becoming cowards in the face of the root causes of our flawed foreign policy.

Get your facts straight.
    No one reads signatures.

Bluedevil,

I understand your point, but as more and more people join they do not understand this and will simply quit supporting Dr Paul because all of his support is a bunch of insulting jerks.

Quote Originally Posted by Bluedevil View Post
    Why does everyone here have such thin skin? You would think people here would have more confidence in themselves and their beliefs. People disagree on things, its not a big deal.
    No one reads signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    walt,

go bury your head in the sand. you must stop these attacks. MUST.
    no you need to get a grip on the facts and get a clue.

P.S. Weren't you supposed ot logout because you declared the revolution over?
    Proudly in favor of firing Jesse Benton since 2007. Here's a 2008 classic post.

Quote Originally Posted by erowe1 View Post
    The Family Research Council represents a voting block from which RP stands to get a great deal of support. He's already the clear second favorite candidate among the religious right. And when Huckabee bows out RP may well command the support of the majority of that movement. We should definitely be working heavily to show them how great of a candidate RP is them (and, coming from a conservative evangelical position myself, he is outstanding). Naturally, we have a diverse movement, and some of the less religious members of these forums may not be as drawn to working that crowd as some others of us. But at least learn to appreciate that the work is being done and that there are people here doing it.

As for asking for money. All organizations do that. Why is is so bad that the FRC website linked in a thread on here does? By the way, I followed that link and donated $1, both so that I could vote in their straw poll and because I think it's a good organization. Kudos to whomever started that thread.
    You all ask me to respect your religion. Fine. I ask you to not promote groups that seek to suppress free speech, because that's what I honor and keep holy. If you guys want to promote those pricks, that's fine, but I'll continue speaking poorly of religion, because religion seeks to oppress this country.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast