Thread: Obama: Israel Has ‘Right’ to Nukes, Call for a Nuclear Free Middle East 'a Mistake'

Obama: Israel Has ‘Right’ to Nukes, Call for a Nuclear Free Middle East 'a Mistake'

A statement released yesterday

http://www.whitehouse.gov/the-press-...nyahu-israel-0

by the Obama Administration has made public America’s long-standing support for the Israeli government’s large, undeclared nuclear arsenal, and insists that Israel has an inherent “right” to possess such an arsenal for “deterrence purposes.” (it is illegal to send US foreign aid to those who are outside of the NPT and develop nuclear weapons without a Presidential waiver, which has been issued in Pakistan's case, but not in Israel's case.)

http://www.haaretz.com/print-edition...poses-1.300652

Officials have also reportedly acknowledged that the Obama Administration has labeled its previous support for a “nuclear-free Middle East,” including a vote in favor of this at a Nuclear Non-Proliferation Treaty (NPT) conference, had been “a mistake.”

The Obama Administration complained at the time of the vote that it unfairly “singled out” Israel, apparently oblivious to the fact that Israel is the only nation in the Middle East with nuclear weapons, as well as the only nation which is not a signatory of the NPT.

Israel has ruled out ever signing the NPT, though it has called for the treaty to be strengthened to punish signatories like Syria and Iran for what it perceives as “violations.” Israel has likewise never publicly acknowledged the size of its nuclear arsenal, though the fact that it exists is not generally considered a secret.

http://news.antiwar.com/2010/07/07/o...ight-to-nukes/

YouTube - Politicians Asked "What country in the Middle East ACTUALLY has Nukes?" Watch the Weasels Squirm
    Last edited by nbruno322; 07-08-2010 at 02:05 AM.
    "Paper money has the effect to ruin commerce,oppress the honest, and open the door to every species of fraud and injustice"

~GEORGE WASHINGTON

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You single out Israel by passing a general law that applies to everybody? WTF? If Israel has a "deterrence right" to nuclear weapons then so does Iran. "Dubya" called for "regime change" in Iran long before Amadinjad called for "the regime in Israel should vanish from the pages of time."
    Last edited by libertyvidz; 07-08-2010 at 06:02 AM.

Why don't they just come right out and say they don't want Muslims to have nukes and stop beatin around the bush?
    "Molon Labe"

Quote Originally Posted by catdd View Post
    Why don't they just come right out and say they don't want Muslims to have nukes and stop beatin around the bush?
    The sad part of your statement is that if they did come out and say it, I don't think anyone would object, except for the Muslims, but they don't count.

Did he back track because of attacks like these on him from Israelis?

Warning, this video has some objectionable language:

YouTube - Feeling the Hate In Jerusalem on Eve of Obama's Cairo Addres.flv

Of course I don't want Muslims to have nukes. There's no beating around the bush, that's just common sense. Islam has not undergone a reformation process akin to that Christianity underwent in the 16th century...
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by A. Havnes View Post
    The sad part of your statement is that if they did come out and say it, I don't think anyone would object, except for the Muslims, but they don't count.
    What is the problem with not wanting Muslims to have nukes again? I don't want them to have anything other than bows and swords... How does that make me evil again?
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

"I'M A POLITICAL SCIENCE MAJOR, I KNOW MY $#@!"...and then she can't even identify the Isreali leaders name AFTER HIS NAME IS GIVEN. Lol...How embarassing.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Of course I don't want Muslims to have nukes. There's no beating around the bush, that's just common sense. Islam has not undergone a reformation process akin to that Christianity underwent in the 16th century..."

Judaism is fine in your book? Are you aware of what is written in the Talmud?
    http://www.talmudblasphemy.com/
    Last edited by catdd; 07-08-2010 at 04:29 PM.
    "Molon Labe"

wow, the globalists are busy nowadays.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I don't give a $#@! who has nukes, and would rather pull all the money/influence/resources out of the area and let them sort it out themselves.

John Taylor I thought you were Mr. Non-Intervention... now you're talking about wishing Muslims just had swords because they're basically uncivilized. Give me a break.

YouTube - Cyndi Lauper - True Colors
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

We need to find a way of getting those things off the face of the earth.
    "Molon Labe"

Thumbs up

"Of course I don't want Muslims to have nukes. There's no beating around the bush, that's just common sense. Islam has not undergone a reformation process akin to that Christianity underwent in the 16th century..."

Judaism is fine in your book? Are you aware of what is written in the Talmud?
    http://www.talmudblasphemy.com/
    excellent counterpoint, sir!
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    What is the problem with not wanting Muslims to have nukes again? I don't want them to have anything other than bows and swords... How does that make me evil again?
    YOU can not want muslims to have nukes, (i think you mean middle east countries, as a religion can not have a nuke)

but you cant use the government to force your beliefs on someone else.
    Last edited by Kelly.; 07-08-2010 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kelly. View Post
    YOU can not want muslims to have nukes, (i think you mean middle east countries, as a religion can not have a nuke)
    but you shouldnt be able to use the government to further that agenda.
    No, make no mistake, he means the Muslim countries specifically, and so does the American government - not the entire Middle East.
    Last edited by catdd; 07-08-2010 at 04:59 PM.
    "Molon Labe"

badly worded on my part, i meant muslin countries, not just those limited to the middle east region.

i still dont think the US govt should use force (sanctions/military etc) to prevent any other sovereign country from developing weapons to defend themselves.

imagine if other countries would have told the US that when we were developing them.

why are we (the US) allowed to have nukes, and not other countries?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kelly. View Post
    but you cant use the government to force your beliefs on someone else.
    I'm pretty sure they can and do.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    Since most muslims in mideast are of arab race, won't that make your stance anti-semite?