Thread: 2nd amendment speech censorship on college campuses (VIDEO)

2nd amendment speech censorship on college campuses (VIDEO)

The Foundation For Individual Rights in Education (FIRE) has just released a short documentary entitled "Empty Holsters: Gun Speech on America's campuses" that documents college censorship of groups that wish to speak out in support of the 2nd amendment on college campuses.

Courts and legislatures across the country are deciding whether students and professors can carry guns on campus—but your university might be preventing you from being part of the debate.

Since more than 30 people were murdered at Virginia Tech, debate has raged over guns on campus. Yet, on far too many campuses, FIRE sees censorship instead of real discussions about the merits of permitting students and professors to be armed. These are the stories of students who joined the battle of ideas in order to debate issues of personal safety—and ended up fighting to maintain their First Amendment rights.

Video: YouTube - Empty Holsters

http://myfire.thefire.org/Page.aspx?pid=264

FIRE website: www.thefire.org

FIRE is a non-profit advocacy group that seeks to defend and sustain individual rights in higher eduction.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That was a good video, makes me want to walk around with an empty holster on my campus and see if I can get some angry reactions from the administration...lol.
    Forget Ron Paul 2012- RON PAUL FOREVER!

Check out my zazzle store- http://www.zazzle.com/jvparkour*