Thread: Morning Call Invites Jake Towne to Debate Dent and Callahan!!!

Morning Call Invites Jake Towne to Debate Dent and Callahan!!!

The district’s largest newspaper, the Morning Call, has invited Jake to debate with the “two-headed, one-party” candidates, incumbent Republican Charles Dent and Democrat John Callahan. The campaign immediately accepted the invitation. The event will be held in October prior to the November 2nd election day at a date, time, and venue to be announced later.

The campaign excited for the chance to debate both of these Establishment career politicians. Last November, Towne challenged both campaigns to a debate and received no answer from either Dent or Callahan, saying:

Dear Congressman Dent and Mayor Callahan -

I respectfully challenge either of you to a debate concerning our congressional race. I am open to either one-on-one debate or debating both of you at the same time.

While I can understand a relunctance on your parts to a debate so early before the November 2010 election – and that since you both are members of political parties that use the optional primary system…

The times we live in are not normal. The dollar is in crisis and unemployment is rampant. Civil liberties are restricted more with each passing day. We have apparently endless wars continuing in Iraq, Afghanistan, and Pakistan. I am traveling the district and the people are hurting. Congress’s solutions of more spending through the stimulus plan and more taxation via the Cap and Trade bill on energy and even our health care seem dubious at best.

Regardless of our differences in views as candidates, we owe it to the public to debate on these issues…

Congressional races should not be similar to sports teams duking out a popularity contest, we should have a healthy debate on the issues – for the good of the PEOPLE.

continued- http://towneforcongress.com/media/mo...-and-callahan/

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    !! go jake towne. hopefully they accept.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Anyone youtube of the debate?
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin

Awesome! Anyone know what his chances are of winning?
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Debate isn't until October

so no youtube yet! I posted it because its just an accomplishment to get invited alone.

As for his chances. I am pretty hopeful he can win. Charlie Dent does not seem to be too popular anymore and the democrat has a sex scandal on his hands that Dent will hammer on him in the last few months. He has a good chance and when people hear about him they like Jake and are interested in the idea of an independent.

The only real problem he has is money. He has raised around 40,000 and needs more for future media buys and at least 3200 for yard signs. Please consider giving, I spent a week with the man and he is very hard working, and will win with the proper funding. He is doing exactly what needs to be done for victory but will need money to compete for media spots with the other two campaigns.

I wonder if the Republocrat campaigns have accepted the invitation yet...

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    Awesome! Anyone know what his chances are of winning?
    Despite having not advertised yet, he polled 8% in the incumbent's own internal poll.

Is this debate still happening in light of Dent's remarks of late?

Good question

I know he has said he won't debate as long as Jake is invited which the Morning Call has not uninvited him to. He has also decided that Poker Face will not appear so its still up in the air I think.

Hopefully he can be, he has good press lately though!