Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: RPRiders, 1st Pics

RPRiders, 1st Pics

Bikes just starting to get dressed, we hope you all have things to add...

and sign a pledge dagnabit

m&d
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Those are pretty cool!
    We have been totally fucked by the machine

Did you get my email with the maps?
    No one reads signatures.

Nice. I was expecting a bunch of leather clad bikers though for some reason. Haha imagine my surprise!

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    Did you get my email with the maps?
    Yes we did, you da man from Texas, It looks great and your state is really coming through for us. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Jojo View Post
    Nice. I was expecting a bunch of leather clad bikers though for some reason. Haha imagine my surprise!
    We hope to recruit them and take one for the team
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

1st self Portrait on the road

Do we look the part?

and I never thought I'd be wearing one of these helmets . The RP buttons help make them bearable
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 10-17-2007 at 11:51 PM.

~ C.Coolidge

location?

also maybe you have answered but(search disabled) how are you two doing this? jobs and such, I know I can't take THAT much time off
    No one reads signatures.

You guys look great! Thank you for spreading the message.

Where are you? And where are you heading? (I haven't been following your plans - sorry.)

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    We were waving signs at a big intersection in town, and a group of cyclists rode by. Maybe ten, twelve tops. And they ALL began cheering for Ron Paul. Maybe they know something the rest of the voter demographic doesn't!

Quote Originally Posted by steph3n View Post
    location?

also maybe you have answered but(search disabled) how are you two doing this? jobs and such, I know I can't take THAT much time off
    Steph3n, Kennewick WA, The TruckinMike Thread has a location pic, we are in pre-ride mode just testing our gear and stretching our legs. I am a freelance contract worker who has dropped just about everything for this campaign. (Lives, Fortunes, Sacred Honor and all that). Damon was taking care of his Dad who is doing much better, and is supportive of his efforts (plus he has a new girl who is home watching the fort )

Quote Originally Posted by sylvania View Post
    You guys look great! Thank you for spreading the message.

Where are you? And where are you heading? (I haven't been following your plans - sorry.)
    Thanks Sylvania, Damon likes that pic alot, too. You'll be happy to know we are doing another pre-ride in your neck of the woods, following is a announcement from last week on our MySpace and you can learn more @

www.ronpaulriders.com

Steph3n (above just sent us a better route for Texas, hopefully DjLoti will get around to updating the image before we pass through )

Thanks again and we hope you can make it to the Portland events

Pre-Trip Week Events!What a week we have planned, and the ride has not even started! Our first stop is Portland, Oregon where we will be participating in two events:

1) Meet, Greet and Dine With the Ron Paul Riders: 6 PM Tuesday, October 16th at Widmer Brothers Brewing Company (929 N. Russell, Portland). I've reserved space for a large group, so please plan to join us. Menu items look great and, of course, they brew their own beer. The riders will have a few words for us about their efforts for Ron Paul and their trip plans.

2) Ron Paul Riders will be doing a 25 mile test ride on Wednesday, October 17th. Current plans are to start near N. Lombard and end at the Banner Brigade Location on Hwy 26 at the Tunnel. They would love to have some Ron Paul supporters ride with them.

From Oregon we take the Amtrak train to Los Angeles. We have twp more events planned there:

1) Saturday, Oct. 20th at 7:00 pm, reception for the Ron Paul Riders at
    Johnson Ranch, 585* Angeles Crest Highway, La Canada, CA 91011.

2) Sunday, Oct. 21st at 9:00 am, Ron Paul Riders bike ride with first
    section of ride. All bike riders are encouraged to ride with them on the
    first section. We will leave from the Santa Monica Pier at 9am, We hope to have LIVE coveradge on Ron Paul Radio.
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 10-15-2007 at 11:58 PM.

~ C.Coolidge

My husband and I will be there for the meet and greet. You guys are awesome!!!

How are you guys on literature? Do you need bumper stickers, signs, slim jims?

Damon here.....

How are you guys on literature? Do you need bumper stickers, signs, slim jims?

Yes, Yes, and Yes

We can always use stuff to put up and pass out. We look forward to meeting you and the rest there soon. Really pleased with how Portland has come through for us.

~ C.Coolidge

I posted an article about this to the Portland Independent Media Center (http://portland.indymedia.org). Feel free to visit and comment on the story.

The story with errors
    Last edited by bbachtung; 10-14-2007 at 08:10 PM. Reason: Fixed link

//
    Last edited by bbachtung; 10-14-2007 at 06:55 PM.

We are really looking forward to your visit!

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Mucho Kudos fellas!!

I saw your route, and you're an awfully long ways from Minnesota, so I can't participate, but if there's some way I can help you, please let me know.

RP Riders of the Storm.....
    Yall look great! Good job! Keep us posted as to the adventures and interesting people you meet! Post more pics!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bbachtung View Post
    I posted an article about this to the Portland Independent Media Center (http://portland.indymedia.org). Feel free to visit and comment on the story.

The story with errors
    Thanks, looks great! Ardent cyclists ??? ROTFLOAO. Ardent RP supporters for sure. We left a comment and some pics. Hope to see you in The City of Roses

Quote Originally Posted by princessredtights View Post
    We are really looking forward to your visit!
    Likewise, for sure

Quote Originally Posted by BLS View Post
    Mucho Kudos fellas!!

I saw your route, and you're an awfully long ways from Minnesota, so I can't participate, but if there's some way I can help you, please let me know.
    Thanks BLS, everyone can help by signing a pledge to donate to RP for every mile we travel, we have penny, nickel, dime, and quarter (kudos to Katao for signing up for the big one ) pledges. These total from about $30 to $700 and you all have two monthe to save up. There are additional grassroots pledges for the fortunate members of ClubMax. (and, of course, a chip-in to help me recoup the costs - m). And BLS or anyone, please PM if you have a little time to help with logistical items on-line, (like weather reports)

Quote Originally Posted by RP4ME View Post
    RP Riders of the Storm.....
    Yall look great! Good job! Keep us posted as to the adventures and interesting people you meet! Post more pics!!!!
    We'll post a bit here but don't want to hog BW so check the blog and we'll have LOTS of pics/video in our MySpace

Thanks again all, we'll keep ya posted

~ C.Coolidge

Show thanks for their commitment by signing a pledge - http://ronpaulriders.com/pledge.html

"I do not believe that ideas have an expiration date"

http://RonPaulIsHope.com

Signed the pledge. Thanks!
    Thanks Sylvania,

Here's Dave and his rolling billboard who picked us up at the Train Station. That van made it to Ames in spite of all predictions.

Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 10-19-2007 at 11:31 AM.

~ C.Coolidge

Dave's awesome! A quiet, thoughtful warrior for RP ...

1st MU event

Camera was acting up, and so were we

Here's Kurt playing santa

and grown men feeling like kids in a candy store

As hard to catch these guys at rest as... herding cats

I'll dial this cam in soon

m - who is up late, (considering our ride tomorrow )
    Last edited by ronpaulhawaii; 10-19-2007 at 11:32 AM.

~ C.Coolidge

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Holy crap you are up late!

Any word on press??

Portland Rocks!! The meet-up groups here are just wonderful. I'm so pleased we had our kick off event here.

1st sign waving event Pics +

As Damon said, PORTLAND ROCKS!!!

13 people waving signs in a 5k view per hour location

and a pic of us on the road

More pics are on our blog

www.ronpaulriders.com/blog

and our myspace

www.myspace.com/ronpaulriders

Still working out video (we have some shaky stuff from the helmet cam, hope to get a real camera if we can afford it (wink, wink - nudge nudge)

and help give RP a nice christmas bonus, Sign a pledge on our site

more to come

GO RON PAUL!!!

~ C.Coolidge

1st mountain climb

just went a few miles in

and sign a pledge already, it's friggin hot out here

~ C.Coolidge

That is a hell of mountain ride.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast