Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 70's music - Any genre

70's music - Any genre

Music originally released in the 70s....post-it.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

Quote Originally Posted by PaulConventionWV View Post
    You're not making the claim that there's no objective best diet, are you?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

“Civilizations die from suicide, not by murder.” - Arnold Toynbee

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Possibly the best anti war song ever.

So long it's in two parts. (ETA - Derpa derpa derp moment: the song was released in 1967 - sorry)

YouTube - Alice's Restaurant Illustrated (Part 1)

YouTube - Alice's Restaurant Illustrated (Part 2)
    Last edited by Anti Federalist; 06-21-2010 at 04:55 PM.

if modern agriculture continues to follow the path it's on now, it's finished. The food-growing situation may seem to be in good shape today, but that's just an illusion based on the current availability of petroleum fuels. All the wheat, corn, and other crops that are produced on big American farms may be alive and growing, but they're not products of real nature or real agriculture. They're manufactured rather than grown. The earth isn't producing those things.. petroleum is! -Masanobu Fukuoka

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    My Tribute To The MSM: "The Pusher"
    Beck's Audience: YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    How to end ALL Taxation:
    (Walter Burien - CAFR) TaxRetirement.com
    Next Scam:
    "Cash For Cash"
    Regarding Romans 13:
    "Caesar Is Dead"
    How Corrupt Is Your Traitor? http://maplight.org/
    Exposing Government Travel Excesses: http://junketsleuth.com/
    Track The Bailouts: http://bailoutsleuth.com/
    Securities Fraud And Corporate Chicanery: http://sharesleuth.com/
    RonPaul2012

YouTube - Elvis Costello - Oliver's Army (Relaid Audio)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oliver%27s_Army

This is an "anti-occupation anthem"

Also interesting:

"During the recording of Armed Forces at Eden Studios in West London, the incomplete "Oliver's Army" was nearly dropped from the album, but was eventually kept after keyboardist Steve Nieve created the piano part for the song, inspired by ABBA's "Dancing Queen.""
    Last edited by dannno; 06-21-2010 at 03:55 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

http://www.youtube.com/watch#!v=-7h4...eature=related

Can someone tell me how you make the youtubes show? Sorry, feel like an idiot!
    Last edited by Guitarzan; 06-21-2010 at 04:09 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Guitarzan View Post

Can someone tell me how you make the youtubes show? Sorry, feel like an idiot!
    Your link seems to be wrong, though I can't go to youtube.com at work so it is impossible for me to verify.. but normally you just put a regular old youtube link in. Yours has a ! instead of a ?, I took that out but it still doesn't work.. Gotta normalize the link somehow.
    Last edited by dannno; 06-21-2010 at 04:43 PM.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ducker View Post
    Really incredible song.

Did you ever realize how complex that bass line is?

Check this out: (Love to hear from BossoBass about this)

YouTube - YES - Roundabout [bassline / bass cover]

While on the subject of incredibly talented youtube performances and 1970s songs, check out this cover of one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands.

This actually made me misty eyed listening to it.

YouTube - The Rain Song

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by malkusm View Post
    Steely Dan - Don't Take Me Alive (With Lyrics)
    The intro to that song is classic!

Quote Originally Posted by Travlyr View Post
    Time - Pink Floyd
    The Beatles Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds[/url]
    Can't go wrong with Pink Floyd.

Beatles - LSD was in the 60s...Not sure we can include the Beatles at all. Final release (Let it Be) was in early 1970. Gotta call them a 60s band.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post
    While on the subject of incredibly talented youtube performances and 1970s songs, check out this cover of one of my favorite songs from one of my favorite bands.

The Rain Song
    And the winner of best band of the 70s...

Quote Originally Posted by Old Ducker View Post
    Steely Dan - Hey nineteen
    Great song. Released in 1980 though. Actually it was mostly left-overs from the Aja period, so it's close. Somewhere on a cassette tape I have raw demos of several songs from Aja and Gaucho that consist of nothing but Donald Fagen on piano with a metronome.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast