Thread: US Lawmakers Threaten Turkey With Reprisals Over Israel

US Lawmakers Threaten Turkey With Reprisals Over Israel

“As far as I am concerned, Turkey is responsible for the nine deaths on that flotilla. Not Israel,” said Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV). “I draw a line that they have just crossed.”

“I think because Turkey is a NATO ally, it’s even more disgraceful,” said Rep. Eliot Engel (D-NY).

Then a threat, from the third-ranking Republican in the House, GOP Conference Chairman Mike Pence (R-IN).

“There will be a cost if Turkey stays on its current heading,” Pence warned. “Turkey needs to count the cost.”

continued bull$#@!:
    http://congress.blogs.foxnews.com/20...est=latestnews
    "Molon Labe"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    “As far as I am concerned, Turkey is responsible for the nine deaths on that flotilla. Not Israel,” said Rep. Shelley Berkley (D-NV). “I draw a line that they have just crossed.”
    That POS Carpet Baggin Shelley Berkley can move back to NYC. She's been nothing but a problem in Nevada.

Well Well what a coincidence it's the same ''Israel'S our Masters" crowd of CONgress. The same old AIPAC bought and paid for prostitutes.
    The American Dream, Wake Up People, This is our country! <===click

"All eyes are opened, or opening to the rights of man, let the annual return of this day(July 4th), forever refresh our recollections of these rights, and an undiminished devotion to them."
    Thomas Jefferson
    June 1826

Rock The World!
    USAF Veteran

I wish I knew exactly what hold Israel has over so many people.

edit: Saw this comment listed below an article just now...

"GOD BLESSES THOSE WHO BLESS ISRAEL..... AND CURSES THOSE WHO CURSE ISRAEL......"
    Last edited by catdd; 06-17-2010 at 06:54 AM.
    "Molon Labe"

Quote Originally Posted by catdd View Post
    I wish I knew exactly what hold Israel has over so many people.

edit: Saw this comment listed below an article just now...

"GOD BLESSES THOSE WHO BLESS ISRAEL..... AND CURSES THOSE WHO CURSE ISRAEL......"
    As far as I'm concerened, that's an old, outdated covenant. It didn't stop God from severely punishing the country, at least, nor did it prevent its downfall.

Anyway, they're blaming Turkey? Here's two analogies to look at this.

Scenario A

I arrange for a group of activists to sail towards a ruthless enemy. They know the risks, but they're bent on becoming humanitarian workers, some of them obsessed with the idea of martyrdom, etc. I can't stop them, but they're unarmed and on a mission of aid. I send them and said enemy kills them. Is the enemy accountable? Said enemies are human beings who act based on their judgement, therefore they are accountable.

Scenario B

I send a young girl to deliver aid (in the form of a lunch basket) to her grandmother. She must cross through wolf-infested woods to get there, and she doesn't quite comprehend the risks associated with said voyage. Sure enough, as she ventures into the forest, a wolf comes upon her and eats her. The wolf doesn't know any better, though. He's just hungry and sees a vulnerable bit of prey.

In Scenario A, Israel is held accountable. Although everyone knew the risk involved, they put their necks on the line, but it doesn't change the fact that Israel was the one who allowed the axe to fall.

In Scenario B, Turkey is the one at fault, as the activists are totally unaware and completely innocent, and Israel is like a wild dog that doesn't know any better.

In other words, trying to defend Israel in that way makes it look like Israel is a savage animal or monster - the troll under the bridge who won't allow anyone to cross.

this is just driving turkey "into the arms", hate that expression, of Iran.

Turkey's making a calculated move. They'd rather have the more "liberal" European states and their Arab/Persian neighbors as allies than Israel and America (the two most hated countries world-wide)
    "The individual has always had to struggle to keep from being overwhelmed by the tribe. But no price is too high to pay for the privilege of owning yourself."
    Nietzsche

"The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Jefferson

"The Only Church That Illuminates Is A Burning Church."
    Durruti - leader of Spanish Anarchists

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act."
    Orwell