Thread: WH - David Axelrod says Alvin Greene "not legitimate"

Exclamation WH - David Axelrod says Alvin Greene "not legitimate"

White House Advisor Says S.C. Democratic Nominee Not ‘Legitimate’

Updated: Sunday, 13 Jun 2010, 1:42 PM EDT
    Published : Sunday, 13 Jun 2010, 1:42 PM EDT

http://www.myfoxatlanta.com/dpps/new...80%99-_8074230

(NewsCore) - Senior White House advisor David Axelrod said Sunday that Alvin Greene, the 32-year-old unemployed veteran who mysteriously won the Democratic nomination for U.S. Senate in South Carolina Tuesday, was not legitimate.

Axelrod, speaking on NBC’s “Meet The Press” program Sunday said “It doesn't appear so to me” when asked by show host David Gregory if Greene was a legitimate candidate.

“The whole thing is odd. I don't really know how to explain it and I don't think anybody else does either,” Axelrod added.

Greene was the surprise winner in Tuesday’s Democratic Senate primary, shocking the Palmetto State’s political establishment by winning 59 percent of the vote to defeat establishment candidate Vic Rawl, despite being virtually unknown.

Greene, who never made a single speech during his campaign, had no campaign staff and no fundraising apparatus to speak of, except for the $10,000 filing fee required to stand as a candidate. He now finds himself poised to face Sen. Jim DeMint (R-S.C.) in November having won more than 100,000 votes.

Axelrod doubted Greene’s claim to be a credible candidate in the general election.

“Well, I think the Democrats of South Carolina deserve a strong, credible candidate. He would argue I suppose that he won the primary so that would be him,” Axelrod said. “How he won the primary is a big mystery though, and until you resolve that I don't think he can claim to be a strong, credible candidate.”
    Another mark of a tyrant is that he likes foreigners better than citizens, and lives with them and invites them to his table; for the one are enemies, but the Others enter into no rivalry with him. - Aristotle's Politics Book 5 Part 11

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    "Foreign aid is taking money from the poor people of a rich country, and giving it to the rich people of a poor country." - Ron Paul
    "Beware the Military-Industrial-Financial-Pharma-Corporate-Internet-Media-Government Complex." - B4L update of General Dwight D. Eisenhower
    "Debt is the drug, Wall St. Banksters are the dealers, and politicians are the addicts." - B4L
    "Totally free immigration? I've never taken that position. I believe in national sovereignty." - Ron Paul

Proponent of real science.
    The views and opinions expressed here are solely my own, and do not represent this forum or any other entities or persons.

His parents' legal relationship to each other is really none of our business. And could be raised against people at the very highest levels, so falls in the 'casting stones' category.

As for the rest, he won, didn't he?

I bet no one would have voted for Axelrod....

What a bunch of freaking hypocrites, not that that should surprise me.

The MSM is totally ignoring that Vic Rawl didn't do much more than Greene did in the way of campaigning. http://www.charlestoncitypaper.com/H...-emails-to-win

Axelrod's definition of credible candidate is much, much different than mine, that's for sure.

Rawl sent out some emails, and did a few robocalls, but it's (sadly) entirely possible that the "Alvin Greene sounds blacker" theory is viable.

If it is, it serves them right for being racists.

Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    but it's (sadly) entirely possible that the "Alvin Greene sounds blacker" theory is viable.

If it is, it serves them right for being racists.
    No, they are upset about that too. PPP did an analysis of the election down there and found that "stunningly" race does not seem to have been a factor. Because Greene trumped him the same in "white districts". They are absolutely shocked that racism didn't factor in this case.

Maybe their confusion stems from the fact that the electronic voting machines threw the election in the wrong direction. Maybe they shouldn't outsource the computer programming of their crooked voting boxes.
    Dishonest money makes for dishonest people.

Andrew Napolitano, John Stossel. FOX News Liberty Infiltrators.

Quote Originally Posted by Inkblots View Post
    Dr. Paul is living rent-free in the minds of the neocons, and for a fiscal conservative, free rent is always a good thing
    NOBP ≠ ABO

Aristocracy 101 - If you are not in the club any and all means necessary to diminish you is fair game.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    No, they are upset about that too. PPP did an analysis of the election down there and found that "stunningly" race does not seem to have been a factor. Because Greene trumped him the same in "white districts". They are absolutely shocked that racism didn't factor in this case.
    Snicker.

If it weren't De Mint he was running against, I'd be pulling for him....

i trust there shall be at least two or three senate debates...?

Quote Originally Posted by sailingaway View Post
    If it weren't De Mint he was running against, I'd be pulling for him....
    Personally, I'd enjoy it if he exposed DeMint's "limited government" hipocrisy by coming out strong against big government issues such as the war on terrorism, war on drugs, etc. Ya know, the big government issues that social conservatives love. He could point out how if Demint really wanted to decrease the debt he would be against those things.

This guy is in a dream position, he has no "history" to flipflop on. No set issues. He could run on a pure populist campaign platform and at the same time pick and choose the demint hipocritical positions to attack.

I respect Greene. He's more legit than Obama any day. At least Greene is a real American black man, with roots that probably go back to slave times. Obama's "black ancestry" is Kenyan, and he may not be a natural born American. What a joke.

Quote Originally Posted by roho76 View Post
    Maybe their confusion stems from the fact that the electronic voting machines threw the election in the wrong direction. Maybe they shouldn't outsource the computer programming of their crooked voting boxes.
    You're probably right. They're probably more upset that the other party somehow managed to use "their" voting machines to win than they are that it is possible to actually do that.

Or maybe the Dems did it on purpose to frame the Republicans! Yeah, that's the ticket.

Of course, since the best and brightest running the country don't have any interest in providing a system that can be audited, I suppose we just have to accept that these things will happen, right?

Sweet, we now have a lefty version of Birthers.
    "Your mother's dead, before long I'll be dead, and you...and your brother and your sister and all of her children, all of us dead, all of us..rotting in the ground. It's the family name that lives on. It's all that lives on. Not your personal glory, not your honor, but family." - Tywin Lannister

you know else isn't legit?

a british citizen "sitting" as potus.

that makes him ill-legitamit...

maybe "axlerod", if that's your REAL name, maybe yo should let slepping dogs lie.

Quote Originally Posted by Live_Free_Or_Die View Post
    Aristocracy 101 - If you are not in the club any and all means necessary to diminish you is fair game.

I think you should have to be licensed and approved before you can run.

sarcasm
    "Liberty lies in the hearts of men and women; when it dies there, no constitution, no law, no court can save it; no constitution, no law, no court can even do much to help it."
    James Madison

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." - Samuel Adams

Μολὼν λάβε
    Dum Spiro, Pugno
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    You know who also won a SC Democratic Primary? Barack Obama
    We need immigrants in this country. What we don't need is politicians. Get rid of them! - Peter Schiff

How the hell does Axelrod have any clue? Maybe the MSM should do some investigation rather than wild speculation?

Quote Originally Posted by jkr View Post
    you know else isn't legit?

a british citizen "sitting" as potus.
    Except we don't.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackTerrel View Post
    How the hell does Axelrod have any clue? Maybe the MSM should do some investigation rather than wild speculation?
    why bother, the SOS already certified the results I believe. He is legitimate whether they like it or not.

Quote Originally Posted by Aratus View Post
    i trust there shall be at least two or three senate debates...?
    Doubt it. This is a slam-dunk for DeMint. He'll probably just ignore Greene.

They are all just having a hissy fit because their establishment is proven to be completely broken with the election of the unknown Alvin Greene. There is no conspiracy with the SC election. It is just the public showing they are completely fed up with Washington.

I am going to join Al Greene's campaign and am putting my full support behind his senatorial bid. He likes guns.

I'm remaking parts of this clip with Alvin Greene's face superimposed on Peter Sellers.
    YouTube - Being There -My favorite crucial scenes
    Last edited by michaelwise; 06-13-2010 at 06:32 PM.
    Abolish the Privately Owned Federal Reserve Bank Corporation!
    How many more times are we going to let them screw up our economy?

Can't have the peasants run for office, now can we?
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Personally, I'd enjoy it if he exposed DeMint's "limited government" hipocrisy by coming out strong against big government issues such as the war on terrorism, war on drugs, etc. Ya know, the big government issues that social conservatives love. He could point out how if Demint really wanted to decrease the debt he would be against those things.

This guy is in a dream position, he has no "history" to flipflop on. No set issues. He could run on a pure populist campaign platform and at the same time pick and choose the demint hipocritical positions to attack.
    From what I've heard him say, Greene wants more entitlement programs, actually. I admire his spirit and would love to run him against someone not conservative (Lindsay would be fine) but not De Mint.

there's a glitch in the Matrix?

can't have that:

YouTube - A Bug's Life - "Then they ALL might stand up to us"
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.