Thread: Repeal the 17th Amendment

Repeal the 17th Amendment

I believe we must Repeal the 17th to restore the Checks and Balance that the founders intended.

Made a Facebook page for this and would appreciate if you would like it. Also looking for another Admin or two if it become popular. Thanks

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Repeal...28975223790602
    my blog http://www.libertyleak.com

and for your pleasure the intro to the Twilight Zone

YouTube - Twilight Zone Season 1 intro

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Does anyone here support Repealing the 17th????????
    my blog http://www.libertyleak.com

and for your pleasure the intro to the Twilight Zone

YouTube - Twilight Zone Season 1 intro

I don't exactly find the prospect of the chipwich-headed mouth-breathers in the state legislature picking my would-be overlords for me, though whether they'd do a better or worse job of it than the voting public itself remains a matter of dispute.

I support this. This is the biggest thing preventing our 9th and 10th amendments from being valid again.

If we didn't have an "overlord" issue here with our legislature, it would be great. I'm sure many state governments need some tidying up before this would be effective. In a few years after our liberty candidates are firmly in place, I'd be happy to sign on!

I"m not exactly sure what the "overlord" issue is... But I would seriously hope that if I thought that the person I voted for for state representative was good enough for me to send to the state house, they should be good enough to go to the federal government for me as well.

If the people don't directly vote for the federal senator, maybe they'll think twice about who they vote to the state legislature. When I started getting involved with C4L I ran into SOOOO many people that have NO idea what so ever about what's going on at the state level. Most thought the state was merely there to handle the federal money that was being doled out. Some thought only the federal government really mattered, and others were just completely clueless about state politics and openly admitted it. I had to be honest and say I didn't even really know much about state politics.

Once the state legislature is back in charge of picking senators, people will be forced to become more involved in state politics as it should be. The power rests in the states, not in the Federal government to do 99% of the governing, yet the people wrongly assume it's the federal governments job to do everything.

A MAJOR step in putting the rightful power back in the state's hands is to repeal the 17th amendment.

Fact: Congress loves to give away its Constitutional authority because each camber is democratically elected.

Fact: Prior to democratic elections for the Senate, Congress ceded less of its authority.

Fact: Congress with authority to hold the Executive in check is a Good Thing™.

Maybe I should change them to "Opinion: ..." but that is less attention-grabbing.

I agree, repeal the 17th!
    "Every generation needs a new revolution." -Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    Does anyone here support Repealing the 17th????????
    I do, but that's only one of many things I'd repeal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Quote Originally Posted by heavenlyboy34 View Post
    I do, but that's only one of many things I'd repeal.
    agreed... Where do you start?

Supporting Member
    North Carolina

I completely support a repeal of the 17th amendment.

Do people still know state governments exist?
    Equality is a false god.

Armatissimi e Liberissimi