Thread: Glen Bradley poll pledge thread

Glen Bradley poll pledge thread

If you don't know about the online poll where Glen Bradley's campaign will get $4,000 if he wins, see the sticky at the top of this forum for the details. And vote here:
    http://www.nchouserepublicans.com/favorite.aspx

But here's the deal, we can't just depend on our own members to put him over the top. The last tally he informed us of had him in second place at 227, and 62 votes behind first place. So Glen's supporters are obviously not the only ones taking this seriously. We should shoot for at least a couple hundred more votes for him to put him in first and keep him there until the poll closes on June 25th.

Here's what I propose for this thread: We each make a pledge to get however many more votes for him that we think we can. A pledge for X votes means that we will personally ask people to go vote for Glen at that poll, and that we won't stop until we've gotten at least X people to tell us they would do it. And then we'll follow up with them and make sure they did.

With the numbers we're dealing with here, winning this poll is a very achievable goal for us.

Here's his website to share with those people you talk to:
    http://glenbradley.net/

I pledge to get 5 more people to vote for him.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    So who else is in? If you don't want to overcommit, then just pledge to find one more person. We can all do that. And the votes will add up.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

only 2 more 2 go

Quote Originally Posted by olehounddog View Post
    only 2 more 2 go
    Sorry if I wasn't clear. I wasn't talking about matching or anything like that (although, come to think of it, that's a good idea too). I was just suggesting that we all pledge to do this for the sake of the votes, having accountability, and being able to measure our impact.

It really shouldn't be hard for us to make up the 62 votes that separated Glen from the lead at last count. And it really shouldn't be that hard to get a bunch more beyond that to seal the deal. But we have to be deliberate about it and go into our spheres of influence outside this website.

I probably should have started by asking the forum if people liked this idea rather than just going ahead and making the thread. But oh well.

So what exactly was your pledge, Hound Dog?

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

I have already got three people besides me to vote. If you come to my house you don't get out w/o voting.

i skimmed through too quick. I thought 5 was the pledge. My pledge is as many as I can get.
    Last edited by olehounddog; 06-12-2010 at 11:48 AM.

Spreading this on facebook would help a lot.
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

Supporting Member
    Missouri

Blog Entries
    I pledge 5 votes

Heres a simple copy/paste text for the lazy to put into your facebook:

Liberty candidate can win $4,000 for his campaign!

He can really use your help since he is ~62 votes behind. Please spread the word by posting this on your Facebook page.

His name is Glen Bradley. Vote here:

http://www.nchouserepublicans.com/favorite.aspx

Thank you!
    Ron Paul let the cat out of the bag.

***Random Troll Analysis***Try Not to Engage With Trolls***
    itshappening: Incredibly naive with a hint of Alex Jonestown.
    compromise: Hilarious name states what it wants.
    AuH20: Self-righteous & insightful neocon. Smarter than you. Armed with a thesaurus.

***Honorable Mentions***
    Tpoints, Traditional Conservative, FreedomFanatic, TywinLannister, FreeHampshire, Giuliani was there on 911,
    RandRevolution

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

I've already voted. I'm not going to cheat and vote more than once though.

But still: bump for the hold-outs.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I've already voted. I'm not going to cheat and vote more than once though.

But still: bump for the hold-outs.
    The OP is suggesting getting other people to vote, not suggesting cheating.
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

Quote Originally Posted by tremendoustie View Post
    The OP is suggesting getting other people to vote, not suggesting cheating.
    I meant this, though I guess it might not be completely serious:

Quote Originally Posted by roxic27 View Post
    I pledge 5 votes

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I meant this, though I guess it might not be completely serious:
    Yes, I believe roxic is promising to find 5 other people to vote for Glen.

A misunderstanding methinks .
    “If you're on the wrong road, progress means doing an about-turn and walking back to the right road; in that case, the man who turns back soonest is the most progressive.” -CS Lewis

The use of force to impose morality is itself immoral, and generosity with others' money is still theft.

If our society were a forum, congress would be the illiterate troll that somehow got a hold of the only ban hammer.

who didn't vote for glen yet? this is sad if he loses this. this is an easy 4k. if you haven't voted you should voluntarily bitchslap yourself then promptly go to the site and vote or die puff daddy style
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

bump
    “You never change things by fighting the existing reality.
    To change something, build a new model that makes the existing model obsolete."

Voted and had a friend of mine vote already. I'll get more too as well.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Let's at least shoot for enough pledges from us on this website for votes we'll solicit from our friends who aren't on this website to make up those 62 votes. Ten more people pledging 5 friends each would do it.

Supporting Member
    North Wilkesboro, NC

Bump

So far I've sent personal messages to a bunch of Facebook friends asking them to vote in this. I heard back from one that he already had voted after I sent something about it to an email list he and I are both on awhile back. So I won't count him toward my pledge of 5 additional votes. Of the others I've only gotten confirmation back from 2 that they've done it.

I still have more RP supporters I know that I can message about this. And I'll keep doing that and following up with the ones I haven't heard back from until I get at least 5 confirmed.

With the numbers we're dealing with in this poll (so far with no candidate having more than a few hundred votes), there's no reason we can't assure victory for Glen. And yet, we still haven't put in him the lead.

Come on folks, get on this.

Sending out mass messages to groups is good. But it's even better if you send personal messages and follow them up to get confirmed votes. It would only take 20 of us each to get 5 more people to vote to put him in the lead, and merely doubling that would make it a really solid lead.

I just convinced 4 people to vote for you Glen! And they don't even like politics! lol... Working on 4 more!
    Forget Ron Paul 2012- RON PAUL FOREVER!

Check out my zazzle store- http://www.zazzle.com/jvparkour*

Ok, I've gotten 6 confirmed new votes from doing this, in addition to a couple who told me they'd already voted and bunches of people I think are the types who would vote that I haven't heard back from yet.

This is so easy. Sorry for harping on it. I'm just hoping this thread convinces a handful of forum members to make the really small amount of effort it takes to get a few friends to vote on this.
    Last edited by erowe1; 06-18-2010 at 08:00 PM.

I will pull 3-5 more today while I'm out.
    Quote Originally Posted by acptulsa
    Liberty works best not because liberty is without responsibility, but because responsibility is part of the deal. Capitalism works best not because capitalists love us and want us to be happy, but because the more government you have, the more government they can buy, and if they have no government to buy then all they can do instead is compete--compete to serve us better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ron Paul
    (╯°□°)╯︵ ʇɔɐ ʇoıɹʇɐd
    I heart BTC! - 1AesnP1c7wyjzJhaKZajkixo9tthZRQzjB

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll pledge another 3 within the 5 days we have left.

I suggest creating a facebook event, where people are allowed to "attend" or not....that way, people on facebook can simply invite friends to the event, and then all the info can be on there.

It would be much more efficient and you'd get many more votes.
    The Heart of Conservatism is Libertarianism - Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by Kregisen View Post
    I suggest creating a facebook event, where people are allowed to "attend" or not....that way, people on facebook can simply invite friends to the event, and then all the info can be on there.

It would be much more efficient and you'd get many more votes.
    There is a Facebook event for it.

But I disagree with you about the best method. The very best method is individually asking people whom you actually know personally and getting a commitment from them. It takes hardly any effort to do that, and the payoff is highly efficient and measurable. The only info they need is the link to the survey website, and if they're interested in researching, then also the link to Glen's campaign site, both of which can be included in a personal email.

If 15 of us pulled 5 more votes a piece doing that, we'd put Glen in the lead.

Doing that would be a piece of cake. Don't believe me? Try it with a few of your RP supporting friends.

Of course I don't mean to quibble about methods. Whatever method anyone has of spreading the word about this that they're most comfortable doing, by all means do it.
    Last edited by erowe1; 06-20-2010 at 06:26 PM.