Thread: Revelation 8:8

Revelation 8:8

"And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;"

Thoughts?

Me, personally... I think they're going to nuke the "spill".

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    That is creepy as hell. Thank you, LLS. I think my insomnia is now here to stay

I don't think, if we're applying this, that a nuke would be necessary.

Mountain of fire:

... cast into the sea when it collapsed. The seas turn to blood:

Last edited by MelissaWV; 06-11-2010 at 01:27 PM.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Sorry

I've been thinking about this way too much. Oil, to someone who may not be familiar with it, as John likely wouldn't have been, definitely could have been described as blood. 1/3 of the sea is a whole other matter. I was listening to that Alex Jones/Lindsey Graham interview and he's not the first I've heard talk about the nuclear option being the only thing that could stop it. But then again, it just as easily wouldn't work and create an even bigger catastrophe, if what he says about the deep, deep wells replenishing the stores in the middle east do come from under the ocean. If they blow it up and it's unsuccessful that's the 1/3 of your sea...

"And the second angel sounded, and as it were a great mountain burning with fire was cast into the sea: and the third part of the sea became blood;"

Not to freak you out worse, but what if it's not "a third part of all the seas"... what if it's read literally? If you do that, you need only replace a noun with a proper noun.

"...the third part of the sea..." "...the third part of the Gulf of Mexico..."

"Sea" also refers to a specific body of water, not really all the oceans, or even the oceans we think of today. The Red Sea, Meditteranean, etc., are all "seas" so 1/3 of the water therein becoming blood would fulfill what's being said. In this case, think of 1/3 of the Gulf being "blood." This spill has the potential to cover that amount of water.

Disclaimer: I don't actually think the world is coming to an end I just like indulging in this sort of thing.
    Genuine, willful, aggressive ignorance is the one sure way to tick me off. I wish I could say you were trolling. I know better, and it's just sad.

Quote Originally Posted by MelissaWV View Post

Not to freak you out worse, but what if it's not "a third part of all the seas"... what if it's read literally? If you do that, you need only replace a noun with a proper noun.

"...the third part of the sea..." "...the third part of the Gulf of Mexico..."

"Sea" also refers to a specific body of water, not really all the oceans, or even the oceans we think of today. The Red Sea, Meditteranean, etc., are all "seas" so 1/3 of the water therein becoming blood would fulfill what's being said. In this case, think of 1/3 of the Gulf being "blood." This spill has the potential to cover that amount of water.

Disclaimer: I don't actually think the world is coming to an end I just like indulging in this sort of thing.
    Yes, you could definitely read it that way. Probably makes more sense.

This isn't the end of the world. Just the end of the world as we know it.

There's also 8:9

"a third of the living creatures in the sea died, and a third of the ships were destroyed."

Then there's 8:10-11

"The third angel sounded his trumpet, and a great star, blazing like a torch, fell from the sky on a third of the rivers and on the springs of water— the name of the star is Wormwood.[a] A third of the waters turned bitter, and many people died from the waters that had become bitter." Solar flares...?

read the Hopi prophecies.. I remember there is like seven or eight signs that its the "end" and the seventh sign is that the sea turns black
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    read the Hopi prophecies.. I remember there is like seven or eight signs that its the "end" and the seventh sign is that the sea turns black
    Believe it or not I just was

Quote Originally Posted by LittleLightShining View Post
    Believe it or not I just was
    not surprised hehehe.. very interesting stuff

The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder(guns)

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron." (railroads)

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web." (Power Lines or Grid)

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun." (The Mirage effect on the Interstate)

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it." (oil spill)

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.
    The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    The interpretations I think are accurate except most people identify the long haired youth with the hippies of the 60's/70's. If the first 6 signs are chronological then it seems like the youth sign hasn't happened yet. Was there a major oil spill, widely reported, before the late 60's?

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    not surprised hehehe.. very interesting stuff

The Fourth World shall end soon, and the Fifth World will begin. This the elders everywhere know. The Signs over many years have been fulfilled, and so few are left.

"This is the First Sign: We are told of the coming of the white-skinned men, like Pahana, but not living like Pahana men who took the land that was not theirs. And men who struck their enemies with thunder(guns)

"This is the Second Sign: Our lands will see the coming of spinning wheels filled with voices. In his youth, my father saw this prophecy come true with his eyes -- the white men bringing their families in wagons across the prairies."

"This is the Third Sign: A strange beast like a buffalo but with great long horns, will overrun the land in large numbers. These White Feather saw with his eyes -- the coming of the white men's cattle."

"This is the Fourth Sign: The land will be crossed by snakes of iron." (railroads)

"This is the Fifth Sign: The land shall be criss-crossed by a giant spider's web." (Power Lines or Grid)

"This is the Sixth sign: The land shall be criss-crossed with rivers of stone that make pictures in the sun." (The Mirage effect on the Interstate)

"This is the Seventh Sign: You will hear of the sea turning black, and many living things dying because of it." (oil spill)

"This is the Eight Sign: You will see many youth, who wear their hair long like my people, come and join the tribal nations, to learn their ways and wisdom.

"And this is the Ninth and Last Sign: You will hear of a dwelling-place in the heavens, above the earth, that shall fall with a great crash. It will appear as a blue star. Very soon after this, the ceremonies of my people will cease.
    very, very creepy.

here are some more prophecies from the hopi nation. they talk about world war 3 and those that receive the first light (china, palestine, india, etc.) destroying the US
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

The interpretations I think are accurate except most people identify the long haired youth with the hippies of the 60's/70's. If the first 6 signs are chronological then it seems like the youth sign hasn't happened yet. Was there a major oil spill, widely reported, before the late 60's?
    I dont think its the hippies.. but thats just me..

I started wearing my hair long a couple years back cause I felt like it.. then I read this.. I don't think it has happened yet or it is happening right now.. but I could be wrong..

As long as we are tossing out theories wouldn't these need to be read in order? So we would have to go back to the first trumpet...

" 7The first sounded, and there came (P)hail and fire, mixed with blood, and they were thrown to the earth; and (Q)a third of the earth was burned up, and (R)a third of the (S)trees were burned up, and all the green (T)grass was burned up. "

http://www.biblegateway.com/passage/...8&version=NASB

In this case we may still be talking about the oil disaster and it leading to ignited oil rains. I don't know if this would be possible. With lightening igniting the oil maybe?
    We will be known forever by the tracks we leave. - Dakota

Go Forward With Courage

When you are in doubt, be still, and wait;
    when doubt no longer exists for you, then go forward with courage.
    So long as mists envelop you, be still;
    be still until the sunlight pours through and dispels the mists
    -- as it surely will.
    Then act with courage.

Ponca Chief White Eagle

yes,
    there seems to be one major one called the Lakeview Gusher that occured in 1909 near California.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lakeview_Gusher

The Hopi were located in Southwest Arizona so they may have seen the spill or heard it.
    http://wiki.answers.com/Q/What_was_the_Hopi_location
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Kinda reminds me of a Nostradamus quatrain
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

I think there will be another wave of long haired hippies.. they will be anti-establishment AND less statist.. I hope..
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc
    "You don't need a medical degree to spot obvious bullshit, that's actually a separate skill." -Scott Adams
    "When you are divided, and angry, and controlled, you target those 'different' from you, not those responsible [controllers]" -Q

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

ben franklin and also sir isaac newton had at least one year of their lives having people
    making some comments on the volcanic dust drifting over the urbane city of paris, france...
    so how do the two sometimes simultaniously active "twin" if not "sibling" volcanos in iceland
    factor into this, now that we went WAY blundersome and greedy as a civilization in the gulf?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.