Thread: [Associated Press] Rand Paul Plans New Moneybomb for June 28 (This needs to be big!)

[Associated Press] Rand Paul Plans New Moneybomb for June 28 (This needs to be big!)

http://cincinnati.com/blogs/nkypolit...new-moneybomb/
    http://www.kentucky.com/2010/06/11/1...moneybomb.html
    From the Associated Press:

LOUISVILLE, Ky. (AP) — There’s one thing Rand Paul is definitely not changing as he heads into the general election.

The Republican senatorial candidate who made nearly $1 million with three online “moneybombs” during the primary is about to tap into that rich pipeline once more.

Paul faces an expensive fall campaign against Democratic Attorney General Jack Conway.

The Bowling Green eye doctor’s supporters are being encouraged to contribute to a June 28 “moneybomb” — in which online contributions are bundled into hefty amounts that can replenish campaign coffers and give a burst of momentum.

It’s the first one-day, online fundraising blitz for Paul since he won the GOP nomination in May.

Paul’s campaign previously took in about $900,000 from three separate days of Web-based fundraising.
    The world is watching. This needs to be big!
    Last edited by MRoCkEd; 06-11-2010 at 01:01 PM.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm worried about this one. The official campaign seems to be pretty nonchalant about it on their Facebook page. The pledge site has few pledges.

Now the media is closely watching a money bomb that there doesn't seem to be much buzz about.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post
    I'm worried about this one. The official campaign seems to be pretty nonchalant about it on their Facebook page. The pledge site has few pledges.

Now the media is closely watching a money bomb that there doesn't seem to be much buzz about.
    That is why "this is a story". They do their homework, sorta. They see he has few pledges, alot of steam has left the train and the "news" will now make this the next big story on Rand. Rand "failed", supporters leaving in droves..... lol

Trust me, this is the angle they will take. If the money bomb is a success, not a word will be mentioned. This is just an opportunity to set Rand up for failure, nothing more.

Quote Originally Posted by RonPaulFanInGA View Post

Create buzz. I'd like to see more youtube videos even if it is the same official one at least reposted daily. I don't know how to upload things to youtube. I do pass the word on line and in person. We need this to have a high profile on youtube, as Ron's had a high profile. We need to make the point that the best way to be sure Rand can stay independent against special interests is to keep him as financially independent of the 'machine' as we can. He's already getting buffeted with charges of hypocrisy for accepting a fundraiser in DC.

I am not pledging but will be donating.
    Last edited by sailingaway; 06-11-2010 at 01:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    I love the comments section from this longer article. The C-J readers are so pissed that Rand even exists. Great stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lord Xar View Post
    That is why "this is a story". They do their homework, sorta. They see he has few pledges, alot of steam has left the train and the "news" will now make this the next big story on Rand. Rand "failed", supporters leaving in droves..... lol

Trust me, this is the angle they will take. If the money bomb is a success, not a word will be mentioned. This is just an opportunity to set Rand up for failure, nothing more.
    I'm curious. If the money bomb fails, what exactly should be the story? If a failed money bomb doesn't represent 'steam having left the train' and a loss of support, what does it represent?

We are at an important juncture here. Rand has come under unprecedented attack. There is probably no time since announcing his candidacy where a strong showing of support is more meaningful and imperative. In light of past successes, some modicum of success on June 28th is critical. If the money bomb fails, I won't blame the media one bit for portraying that failure in the manner you describe.
    You have no idea how it pains me to say that.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

how about we give the limited grassroots funding to candidates who aren't shoe in's to win and could actually use the funds for a fighting chance?
    We'll know our disinformation program is complete when everything the American public believes is false. -- William Casey, CIA Director

Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.-- Mark Twain

When people like us-- the scum of society-- don't risk our lives when a rare chance comes our way, we become losers at that moment. So courage is the only thing we can rely on.-- Anchan
    Rick Simpson Hemp Oil

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by squarepusher View Post
    how about we give the limited grassroots funding to candidates who aren't shoe in's to win and could actually use the funds for a fighting chance?
    Sure. It's a good idea. My definition of shoe-in to win is having at least 70% of the votes in the last poll. Rand unfortunately isn't a shoe-in, so he needs money.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    Sure. It's a good idea. My definition of shoe-in to win is having at least 70% of the votes in the last poll. Rand unfortunately isn't a shoe-in, so he needs money.
    rand has the backing of mitch mcconnell now. won't he get plenty of money through mcconnell's fundraising machine?

Quote Originally Posted by josh.schisler View Post
    rand has the backing of mitch mcconnell now. won't he get plenty of money through mcconnell's fundraising machine?
    Not as much as he would if it appears that he has lost much of the rank and file grassroots support he initially brought to the party.

Edit: lol...That's atrociously grammatically incorrect, and if read literally, almost means the opposite of what I intended. But, hopefully, you still get my point.
    Last edited by rprprs; 06-12-2010 at 09:35 AM.
    There is only one success -- to be able to spend your life in your own way.
    -- Christopher Morley (1890 - 1957)

Ron and Rand both need to start sending out soon about it. The grassroots can only do so much.
    In 200 years the American people have replaced 1 dictator 3,000 miles away with 3,000 dictators 1 mile away.

It is the first responsibility of every citizen to question authority.--Benjamin Franklin

No man's life, liberty or fortune is safe
    while our legislature is in session
    .--Benjamin Franklin