Thread: The Supreme Court isn’t interested in protecting liberty or property

The Supreme Court isn’t interested in protecting liberty or property

Source: http://fauxcapitalist.com/2010/06/09...y-or-property/

My email to Pastor David Whitney of the Institute on the Constitution after his June 9, 2010 appearance on Radio Liberty with Dr. Stan Monteith:

Pastor Whitney,

I heard your very educational presentation of the Fifth Amendment on today’s show with Dr. Stan.

You said that you read an opinion by Justice Scalia, who you say has written many good opinions in keeping with the Constitution, and that in it, he argued that Grand Juries are independent of the three branches of government.

You later said that those Justices who found in favor of the city of New London in Kelo v. New London (2005), finding that private property could be taken for non-public use, should be impeached for violating their oath to uphold the Constitution, specifically the Fifth Amendment in this case. I agree wholeheartedly with you on that.

Now, consider the case of Hamdan v. Rumsfeld (2006), where Justice Scalia upheld President Bush’s denial of the writ of habeas corpus to Mr. Hamdan.

Article I Section 9 of the Constitution includes:

“The privilege of the Writ of Habeas Corpus shall not be suspended, unless when in Cases of Rebellion or Invasion the public Safety may require it.”

Given that:
    1) The Constitution grants powers to, and limits powers of, the federal and state governments;
    2) The privilege in question makes no mention of applying only to U.S. citizens, nor does the Bill of Rights;
    3) There was no rebellion or invasion at the time;
    4) Congress didn’t suspend the writ of habeas corpus through that provision;
    5) The President takes a constitutional oath to “preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the United States”;
    6) Justice Scalia is a self-avowed “originalist;”

Do you agree that Justice Scalia should be impeached for his decision in that case, as you argued for those Justices who found in favor of the city of New London?
    Last edited by FauxCapitalist; 06-11-2010 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Hamdan, not Hamdi

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I don't know if you can impeach him for ignorance, but he's wrong. John Jay (the first Chief Justice) resided over jury trials. Jury nullification was also an understood right at the time. The fact that this is not common knowledge is testament to the ineptitude of educators and of government in general.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

The Supreme Court is only interested in protecting the integrity of their system.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

They are the third seat of the unholy triumverate of "powers." What would make you think that they are less corrupt as the other two branches?