Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The most beautiful spring

The most beautiful spring

The many rains we had in N. Calif. made our mountains a rainbow of spring wild flowers.. We have a lot of strange birds too.
    How was your Spring in other States?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Meatwasp View Post
    The many rains we had in N. Calif. made our mountains a rainbow of spring wild flowers.. We have a lot of strange birds too.
    Nice to see you back, meat.

Here in N.E. Fla spring lasted about 2 days--very nice 70 degree breezy days.

Now we are back to 95 degrees and thunderstorms on the way.

My only complaint is that it became summer far too soon here in the Charlotte area. Late February through mid-April was absolutely perfect and I enjoyed many a breezy 70-degree afternoon before the balmy and heavy heat started creeping in.

Nice post, Meatwasp.

We had a bit of a dry start to spring, but it soon caught up. Lots of rain lately. Crops are off to a good start. My lawn and garden are happy without me getting the hose out, which makes Bruno happy as well.

Thank you all for the info on your area. We got our tomatoes in but the dirt was like clay.. It is really late for us so I hope they work.
    The winter steel heads have layed their eggs and are gone, but the water snakes are in there gobbling them up.

Allergies here are off the charts, but are finally starting to lift.

Thank you all for the info on your area. We got our tomatoes in but the dirt was like clay.. It is really late for us so I hope they work.
    The winter steel heads have layed their eggs and are gone, but the water snakes are in there gobbling them up.
    Our only decent garden spot in the back yard doesn't get much sun. We have tomatoes and peppers back there, as well as some in pots on that patio that will probably produce more.

Quote Originally Posted by Natalie View Post
    Too hot to go outside.
    When will you finally be able to emerge - October?

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The spring in Texas was amazing! Best flowers in probably four years. Dewberries were divine.

It's summer here now though, just judging by the heat. Next come the mustang grapes!!!! We're already eyeing the grape leaves which will be ready for picking/preserving in a couple of weeks.

MMMMMM. I can't wait!

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    The spring in Texas was amazing! Best flowers in probably four years. Dewberries were divine.

It's summer here now though, just judging by the heat. Next come the mustang grapes!!!! We're already eyeing the grape leaves which will be ready for picking/preserving in a couple of weeks.

MMMMMM. I can't wait!
    I have alot of those dewberries on my land.. I mixed them with some other fruit because they are a bit sour.. but the flavor adds something so nice. also I have alot of wild grapes on my land..

but here is a picture of one of our only fields during spring.. blue bonnets everywhere..

The ultimate minority is the individual. Protect the individual from Democracy and you will protect all groups of individuals
    Rightful liberty is unobstructed action according to our will within limits drawn around us by the equal rights of others. I do not add 'within the limits of the law' because law is often but the tyrant's will, and always so when it violates the rights of the individual. - Thomas Jefferson
    I must not fear. Fear is the mind-killer. Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. I will face my fear. I will permit it to pass over me and through me. And when it has gone past I will turn the inner eye to see its path. Where the fear has gone there will be nothing. Only I will remain.

- Bene Gesserit Litany Against Fear

Awesome field, Kotin! ^

Makes me want to do a RPF road trip and visit a bunch of folks I've never met before.

Quote Originally Posted by Kotin View Post
    I have alot of those dewberries on my land.. I mixed them with some other fruit because they are a bit sour.. but the flavor adds something so nice. also I have alot of wild grapes on my land..
    OMG, I got some dewberry spots for you! They're on "public" property too, so you could transplant if you got the bug.

There they are sweet as the summer rain, yes indeed!

Kotan,
    You are so lucky to have those bluebonnets. I wish I could send you pictures of the fields of yellow Tidy Tips and other flowers.
    We had a goodly amount of Moral mushrooms this year. Those are the king of mushrooms.

If anyone had the wonderful pleasure of smelling Poison oak blossums. will agree there is no other perfume so delicate and wonderful. Just don't stick your nose in it.. I wish I could find a perfume that smells so delightful.

If anyone had the wonderful pleasure of smelling Poison oak blossums. will agree there is no other perfume so delicate and wonderful. Just don't stick your nose in it.. I wish I could find a perfume that smells so delightful.
    Do you know the compound(s) responsible for the smell? Have you ever tried an extraction on the plant material?

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'll take your word for it!

Not much poison oak in these parts, just lots of poison ivy which is nasty enough. Poision ivy is among the most concentrated allergans in the world. Reportedly the amount that fits on the head of a pin is enough to cause a reaction in the entire population of the world (for those allergic to it).

Quote Originally Posted by constituent View Post
    Do you know the compound(s) responsible for the smell? Have you ever tried an extraction on the plant material?
    Holy Cow I would never try it as I am deathly allergic to it. Ha!

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    I'll take your word for it!

Not much poison oak in these parts, just lots of poison ivy which is nasty enough. Poision ivy is among the most concentrated allergans in the world. Reportedly the amount that fits on the head of a pin is enough to cause a reaction in the entire population of the world (for those allergic to it).

Bruno, The blossums do not look like the poison oaks that grows here. They are tiny without any beauty. If a breeze is blowing up the canyon it will ride it and it is so nostalgic as when we moved here 43 years ago I smelled it. I was determined to find what was blooming. I used to get it head to foot. Awful until an old timer told me to take 2 teaspoons of cream of tartar in a glass of water. That works only at the first sign.

cool in the morning, hot in the afternoon
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Georgia had a wonderful spring temperature and humidity wise (mild on both accounts), but the pollen seemed especially thick. Azaleas & dogwoods - yay. Summer's now here - hot & sticky - yum.
    The bigger government gets, the smaller I wish it was.
    My new motto: More Love, Less Laws

"Let it not be said that we did nothing." - Dr. Ron Paul. "Stand up for what you believe in, even if you are standing alone." - Sophie Magdalena Scholl
    "War is the health of the State." - Randolph Bourne "Freedom is the answer. ... Now, what's the question?" - Ernie Hancock.

I don't know much about the springs here in Indiana.
    "Perhaps one of the most important accomplishments of my administration is minding my own business."

Calvin Coolidge

These old threads make me sad.

RIP Meatwasp and BuddyRey

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Anti Federalist View Post

Troof. :'( R.I.P. to them and all our deceased beloved comrades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Torchbearer
    what works can never be discussed online. there is only one language the government understands, and until the people start speaking it by the magazine full... things will remain the same.
    Hear/buy my music here "government is the enemy of liberty"-RP Support me on Patreon here Ephesians 6:12

Well, klamath still pops in once in a while, her son.
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Danke View Post
    Well, klamath still pops in once in a while, her son.
    Yeah I know, but he thinks I'm a dick...

Yeah I know, but he thinks I'm a dick...
    ///
    Last edited by Danke; 03-21-2019 at 01:35 PM. Reason: nvm
    Pfizer Macht Frei!

Openly Straight Man, Danke, Awarded Top Rated Influencer. Community Standards Enforcer.

Quiz: Test Your "Income" Tax IQ!

Short Income Tax Video

The Income Tax Is An Excise, And Excise Taxes Are Privilege Taxes

The Federalist Papers, No. 15:

Except as to the rule of appointment, the United States have an indefinite discretion to make requisitions for men and money; but they have no authority to raise either by regulations extending to the individual citizens of America.

Quote Originally Posted by Anti Globalist View Post
    I don't know much about the springs here in Indiana.
    That is the cold time before it gets hot .
    Do something Danke

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast