Thread: 49% Say Pro-Palestinian Activists To Blame in Gaza Ship Incident, 19% Blame Israel

49% Say Pro-Palestinian Activists To Blame in Gaza Ship Incident, 19% Blame Israel

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._ship_incident

Forty-nine percent (49%) of U.S. voters believe pro-Palestinian activists on the Gaza-bound aid ships raided by Israeli forces are to blame for the deaths that resulted in the high-profile incident.

A new Rasmussen Reports national telephone survey finds that just 19% of voters think the Israelis are to blame. Thirty-two percent (32%) more are not sure.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    19% is pretty impressive actually.

I don't trust rasmussen though.

rasmussen leans conservative i think

Would be nice if they did that poll here in Sweden or the rest of europe Bet like 70% at least would blame Israel.

Before Israel was even partionioned as a nation....this is what they did to the Arabs and British...

Keep in mind it was the British who stoile Palestine after WW1 and allowed the jews of Europe to start emigrating there.

This is how the Brits were repaid.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Irgun_attacks
    Last edited by sofia; 06-08-2010 at 05:45 PM.

Wow.. that is sad.
    "He's talkin' to his gut like it's a person!!" -me
    "dumpster diving isn't professional." - angelatc

"Each of us must choose which course of action we should take: education, conventional political action, or even peaceful civil disobedience to bring about necessary changes. But let it not be said that we did nothing." - Ron Paul

"Paul said "the wave of the future" is a coalition of anti-authoritarian progressive Democrats and libertarian Republicans in Congress opposed to domestic surveillance, opposed to starting new wars and in favor of ending the so-called War on Drugs."

Quote Originally Posted by Corto_Maltese View Post
    Would be nice if they did that poll here in Sweden or the rest of europe Bet like 70% at least would blame Israel.

...sometimes i really think i should've been born in Europe... Americans make no sense to me.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    ...sometimes i really think i should've been born in Europe... Americans make no sense to me.
    Nor do Europeans to me.

/shrug
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Quote Originally Posted by Vessol View Post
    Nor do Europeans to me.

/shrug

so you blame the aide-workers?

Quote Originally Posted by charrob View Post
    so you blame the aide-workers?
    Not at all, if you've been paying attention, I've talked bad against Israel for a long time here. All I'm saying is that it's a pretty bad blanket statement to say you wish you were born European.

Sure many Europeans are at least "against"(i'd say apathetic for the most part) the foreign policy(that their countries are a part of also, just not as much, so kind of hypocritical), however they are often very much for a more planned economy then Americans.
    "Resolve to serve no more, and you are at once freed. I do not ask that you place hands upon the tyrant to topple him over, but simply that you support him no longer; then you will behold him, like a great Colossus whose pedestal has been pulled away, fall of his own weight and break in pieces."-Étienne de La Boétie

Not at all, if you've been paying attention, I've talked bad against Israel for a long time here. All I'm saying is that it's a pretty bad blanket statement to say you wish you were born European.

Sure many Europeans are at least "against"(i'd say apathetic for the most part) the foreign policy(that their countries are a part of also, just not as much, so kind of hypocritical), however they are often very much for a more planned economy then Americans.
    i disagree; Europeans are anything but apathetic about their foreign policy. They've been out in the streets in mass numbers over this flotilla attack--- much much more than this country. And the same for the Iraq war: they were out in the tens of thousands protesting against it.

what do you mean when you say they are for a more planned economy?

They are not for free markets, the majority of Europeans. They give the benefit of doubt to their government and believe the government is best at economics, not individuals.

Also, why are none of these people protesting their troops being sent to these nations? Or their own nations being a part of NATO? All they do when they protest is bitch and complain about the U.S and Israel in this case, they never point the finger at themselves as well.

The reason why a lot of Americans instantly go on the defensive is that both domestically and abroad. People don't like being blamed. So people go on the defensive instantly, logic be damned.

Europeans though are just the same, they love blaming everyone but themselves.
    and depending on massive corporations to make it so by exploiting third world nations, they don't accept it though, they just..wait for it..blame America. Ad nausiem.

I've found it incredibly easy to get any European to agree with me about America's foreign policy being wrong. But god help you if you dare criticize them and their foreign policy(which is exactly the same, they just aren't the gorilla in the room). They'll talk about how their military is superior, and how their military is the only military there doing good, or whatever garbage.

I'm proud to be one of those 19%.
    "Molon Labe"

Europe is a diverse bunch. They strike me as either super left wing, or super right wing. With very little in between

Switzerland recently voted to to ban Minarets and and polls show a majority would have voted to ban Mosques.

Polls are all about how you ask the question. This is how it was asked:

http://www.rasmussenreports.com/publ..._june_3_4_2010

2* Who is primarily to blame for the deadly outcome of the raid on the aid-carrying ships - Israel or the pro-Palestinian activists on the ships?

19% Israel
    49% Pro-Palestinian activists
    32% Not sure