Thread: Jake Towne needs a forum

Jake Towne needs a forum

Would anyone else support a separate forum for Jake Towne? He is running without party affiliation in PA district 15 and does not have a primary so can't get knocked off like so many of our other great candidates. Thoughts anyone?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jake Towne needs a new pic.

Honestly, that one pic of him that's plastered all over the place is downright frightening. He looks like something out of Soundgarten's "Black Hole Sun" video in that picture.

agreed, same with Terri McCormick
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

does he have a chance in hell?

Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    the only poll that came out he had about 8 percent of the vote and the campaign claimed they only made it to about 10000 people. if the poll has any accuracy that is an amazing number for an independent.

also, despite the lack of funds the campaign seems to be doing very well. i think they just came out with a new website.

The Republican primary

also just occurred and the republican incumbent Dent, got 82% and his primary opponent who's name I can't recall got 18% and did not campaign once. There is a large section of the republican party over there that is unhappy with Dent that Jake can get support from.

Quote Originally Posted by tkubic46 View Post
    I see tons of Jake Towne signs. There is probably some pretty good support for him. I don't live in his district but I've sent him money. I like were he stands on the issues.

I support a Towne subforum.

This is another reason

why I think he ought to have a sub forum. He has very strong supporters but a lot of people in the online community still have not heard about him. Reasons for a sub forum:
    1. He has no primary
    2. He is not associated with a party
    3. He is well read in monetary policy and often writes about the Fed, and the banking system
    4. He is one of our most non-interventionist candidates where there are questions still regarding Rand, and Peter's commitment to this principle
    5. He does not need that much money to win. His message attracts people when they hear about it.
    6. He has done stuff with C4L, and YAL too I believe
    7. He is active in his community and will actually SERVE his district. He volunteers at a soup kitchen, and has participated in a local currency.
    8. He will talk with you. Email him right now he will personally respond to you.
    9. He is a liberty activist.

Let's get him a sub forum!!!

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kokeshfan View Post
    why I think he ought to have a sub forum. He has very strong supporters but a lot of people in the online community still have not heard about him. Reasons for a sub forum:
    1. He has no primary
    2. He is not associated with a party
    3. He is well read in monetary policy and often writes about the Fed, and the banking system
    4. He is one of our most non-interventionist candidates where there are questions still regarding Rand, and Peter's commitment to this principle
    5. He does not need that much money to win. His message attracts people when they hear about it.
    6. He has done stuff with C4L, and YAL too I believe
    7. He is active in his community and will actually SERVE his district. He volunteers at a soup kitchen, and has participated in a local currency.
    8. He will talk with you. Email him right now he will personally respond to you.
    9. He is a liberty activist.

Let's get him a sub forum!!!
    amen!!

I've supported Jake from the begining of his campaign. He's a bit goofy in his picture, but for goodness sakes he's no more goofy than our own RP (and don't tell me that RP hasn't been less than "rockstar" in many of his pictures and appearances--I love him and all, but....) So don't take the pic the wrong way, Jake is one of us....friend him on fb and you will see what I mean.

I support a Jake subforum.
    Liberty, of course, has her price in blood, if we do not suppport her when she is in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Nathan Hale View Post

Honestly, that one pic of him that's plastered all over the place is downright frightening. He looks like something out of Soundgarten's "Black Hole Sun" video in that picture.
    but that was a kick ass music video!

YouTube - Soundgarden - Black Hole Sun

Smile Jake Towne needs a sub forum

here on RPF.

Jake Towne is a tried and true fighter of Freedom.

What do we need to do to create this for Jake?

Quote Originally Posted by sunny View Post
    here on RPF.

Jake Towne is a tried and true fighter of Freedom.

What do we need to do to create this for Jake?
    keep this bumped probably or request one on the general politics section. if he gets enough talk and buzz they may give us a forum..

We could remove

Chuck Devore's sub forum and put Jake there instead possibly. I think people are still talking on Adam Kokesh's but what's the point keeping them after awhile? Let's put our next best man up there

I agree and

unlike some candidates who have subforums, Jake is a MEMBER of Ron Paul Forums

I have posted

a few other "support a Jake Towne sub forum" on other threads in General politics, the PA state forum, etc. Please go there and show your support.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I also support a Jake Towne forum.

Hes been my Facebook friend for years!

holy facebook friend batman!
    366$ given to Ron Paul.

knowledge is ignorance, strength is weakness, freedom is slavery says the man behind the curtain.

Forum? It would be nice, but Jake needs MONEY and feet on the street.

Jake is a one man Liberty machine, but he needs serious help with his campaign, including MONEY and volunteers to knock on doors, get signatures, etc...A small dedicated army of patriots could get Jake elected...Send Maresco to Allentown!

For Liberty,

Rob

Agreed. Jake needs a forum. Are we about supporting Liberty Candidates or just Republican Candidates?

I think we all know what needs to happen. DO IT!!!
    Last edited by Bman; 06-09-2010 at 03:19 PM.
    Libertarians - trying to improve the world through ideas and free markets rather than legislation and prisons.

Yes- let's get Jake a forum! He is this thing until november and can take the place of some of the candidates that are no longer in the race.

Geez

I hate having my photo taken, but I'll see what I can do.

Quote Originally Posted by Jake Towne View Post
    Sorry pal, but you're running for office. Get used to having your photo taken.

Go to the local college, find a photography student, and pay them a hundred bucks to shoot you for three hours in various backgrounds. Bring a polo shirt, a button down, and a suit. Spend an hour shooting in each. You'll get a wealth of shots worthy of your site.

Sorry pal, but you're running for office. Get used to having your photo taken.

Go to the local college, find a photography student, and pay them a hundred bucks to shoot you for three hours in various backgrounds. Bring a polo shirt, a button down, and a suit. Spend an hour shooting in each. You'll get a wealth of shots worthy of your site.
    bingo, good idea. they would probably do it for cheaper too. put an ad on craigslist.

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Jake Towne needs, and deserves, all the help he can get. He's stepped up to the plate, but needs a team effort to win the game. Please give Jake Towne his own forum, money, time, and prayers.

Quote Originally Posted by libertybrewcity View Post
    bingo, good idea. they would probably do it for cheaper too. put an ad on craigslist.
    While I agree that craiglist is an options, Craigslist invites two classes of bad people:

1. Pros who want to pitch you for more than you're willing to pay and/or offer a limited number of retouched pics instead of handing over the SD card at the end of the shoot.

2. Amateurs who talk a good game but deliver crap quality.

If you go to a school you can make all the demands ($100 firm limit, hand over the SD card when you're done), and you get a guarantee of at least a modicum of talent. Better than sifting through a sea of sharks, if you ask me.

I have spoken to Jake Towne and sent him some money. He is a principled as they come and is campaigning hard. It is his full time job and he stays very busy. Earlier in his campaign has made his presences know all over PA at Campaign for Liberty and compatriot groups.

I give Jake 100% of my support, and will likely go to his district some to campaign for him this fall.

Give him his forum.
    "Liberty, Peace and Prosperity"

As a supporter I agree, changing the picture would help.
    "Liberty, Peace and Prosperity"

LMAO!!! Thanks for checking in, Jake. I like the idea of "featuring" an independent campaign, as well

Quote Originally Posted by robpatozz View Post
    Jake is a one man Liberty machine, but he needs serious help with his campaign, including MONEY and volunteers to knock on doors, get signatures, etc...A small dedicated army of patriots could get Jake elected...Send Maresco to Allentown!

For Liberty,

Rob
    - Yes, the east calls. May have to move around a bit between the several states...
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge