Thread: [VIDEO] ~ "How Concerned Are You About Our 13 Trillion Dollar National Debt?"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    In a year I'll hopefully be living off the f'ing grid in Oregon supplying my own food and unplugging from the idiotic, rat race matrix of American society..........I could give two $#@!s about this $#@!ty country anymore. We lost the war against Britain.

If we divide 5 000 000 000 per number of citizens 300 000 000 it gives 16,6 USD for every citizen every day and *30, it gives about 500 USD per month for every citizen.

If we subtract persons who don't work it may be about 1000 USD/ per worker every month.

Is it true or I've made a mistake?

The 13T debt figure is misleading as we have unfunded liabilities (SS, medicare, etc.) that dwarf that number and are never included when the media talks about the true debt burden.
    Last edited by Bern; 06-05-2010 at 07:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    The 13T debt figure is misleading as we have unfunded liabilities (SS, medicare, etc.) that dwarf that number and are never included when the media talks about the true debt burden.
    Very true. Isn't it like hundreds of trillions?

Quote Originally Posted by Bern View Post
    Sure, but its equally misleading to include unfunded future liabilities in your current debt load.

While we may have ~120 trillion in liabilities, that can be amortized over a number of years, probably 40-60, that's $2-3 trillion a year in spending. It's not money we owe right now, but sure, we will owe it in the future.

Just like an individual with debt. We can delay delay delay but eventually that $#@! comes due. The longer we wait - the more painful it will be.

We need a President who is going to say "hey $#@!s going to get a lot worse before it gets better. It's going to be painful, but we have no choice and we have to do it". But no one is being elected on that platform.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.