View Poll Results: What do you think Adam should do?

Voters
33. You may not vote on this poll
  • Run as an independent (if that's possible)

2 6.06%
  • Take a non-political role in the liberty movement

11 33.33%
  • Gear up for a different (perhaps state level) race

20 60.61%

Thread: Where Do We Go From Here?

Where Do We Go From Here?

So, now that the primary is over, what's Adam's next step? Will he (can he) run as an independent? Will he take on a non-political role in the movement? Or will he gear up for another race (I hear there are many good state level spots open for the taking)?

What do you think Adam should do?

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'm not totally sure but I hope he sticks around, we need his brilliant leadership badly.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

Quote Originally Posted by K466 View Post
    I'm not totally sure but I hope he sticks around, we need his brilliant leadership badly.
    i have a feeling he will stick around. i am hoping he takes on a state level position for now. he could build up name recognition and campaigning would constricted to a much smaller area, so funds would go a much longer way.
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Adam should build up his name recognition in Northern New Mexico by working on liberty movements in the local area. Some examples would be fighting against Obamacare, getting a state sovereignty bill advanced in the legislature to take back federal powers, helping to turn New Mexico into a Right To Work State (passing RTW laws are one thing I REALLY wish this entire website concentrated on more), etc. Then wait a couple more years and either try running for Lujan's seat again or run for State Legislature. That's what I'd do.
    "With respect to the words 'General Welfare', I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." - James Madison, 1831

Anti-war activism... NOT electoral politics

perhaps getting involved in some of these other campaigns while building up name recognition in his state. prepping for a 2012 run.

anti-war activism would be priority number one in any case.
    "Do not give in to evil, but proceed ever more boldly against it." -Virgil;Aeneid

I see no point to an independent run, many who supported him in the Republican primary may feel betrayed if he decides to go that route.
    "History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." - Mark Twain

Twitter - @kevinmckenz
    Blog - Never Say Nothing

Quote Originally Posted by MRoCkEd View Post
    Anti-war activism... NOT electoral politics
    +1
    JTF

http://www.benraytoday.com

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed
    (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an
    endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
    --H. L. Mencken

I would rather be exposed to the inconveniences attending too much
    liberty than to those attending too small a degree of it.
    --Thomas Jefferson

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevin_Kennedy View Post
    I see no point to an independent run, many who supported him in the Republican primary may feel betrayed if he decides to go that route.
    Plus it would result in a political suicide, should he ever decide to run for another office as a Republican. If he ran as an independent, voters would see him as a person with no credibility.
    Republican Precinct Committeeman, Arizona LD21.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

Adam has so much more potential then someone who should try career politics and move up the ladder. Activism is key.

Get a job, work, volunteer, and run for State Senate somewhere in NM... while fundraising like hell.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    Get a job, work, volunteer, and run for State Senate somewhere in NM... while fundraising like hell.
    Adam should run for a local office like this. He might even have some $ leftover from his congressional campaign that he can use.