Thread: Rand Paul is close to $150k raised since Primary win....

Rand Paul is close to $150k raised since Primary win....

Not bad.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Not good enough. He only has about $270k on hand according to your post and the FEC report.

The campaign is going to need $10 million to win this thing.
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

Quote Originally Posted by Matt Collins View Post
    Not good enough. He only has about $270k on hand according to your post and the FEC report.

Then don't you think it's time to start promoting the money bomb on Rand's Facebook page?

he is still raising more than Conway. as long as he does that, he should be, good? hopefully.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

Unhappy

Quote Originally Posted by 0zzy View Post
    he is still raising more than Conway. as long as he does that, he should be, good? hopefully.
    No, because there will be many external organizations working to get Conway in there. Think MoveOn, CodePink, etc...
    __________________________________________________ ________________
    "A politician will do almost anything to keep their job, even become a patriot" - Hearst

No, because there will be many external organizations working to get Conway in there. Think MoveOn, CodePink, etc...
    CodePink? I didn't think they did that. and I would hope they are smart enough not to do it to Paul.
    "You know not what you are given, but forever will you know what has been taken away from you..."

"As long as we live beyond our means we are destined to live beneath our means." - Ron Paul at a CNBC Debate in Michigan (10/09/07)

lol at Matt trying to motivate people to donate by scaring them with MoveOn. hahahaha!

getting money is important, but such desperate fund-raising tactics are more likely to provoke laughter than a donation.

also, why the heck is move on still talking about the civil rights act of 1964? can those $#@!s just move on?

I think we may need to get Rand some seriously huge money or we risk coming up short on this. The entire establishment will kick in to keep him out. From both the left and right. I think we are underestimating the hurdles ahead. This is the chance of a lifetime and a possible make or break scenario.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by anaconda View Post
    I think we may need to get Rand some seriously huge money or we risk coming up short on this. The entire establishment will kick in to keep him out. From both the left and right. I think we are underestimating the hurdles ahead. This is the chance of a lifetime and a possible make or break scenario.
    If Mitch allows anybody from the right to work with Conway...Mitch won't be re-elected in 2014. The worst that will happen is unenthusiastic support from the right.

At least that's my opinion.

Mitch will bring money to Rand. Don't worry about Mitch.

The floating head will pull his weight to get Rand elected:

the right will not actively work against Rand. at most they will remain passive while the left actively supports Jackass, but it's too soon to judge that.

like bamaFan, i also expect mitch to do what he can to ensure Rand's victory.

Quote Originally Posted by low preference guy View Post
    the right will not actively work against Rand. at most they will remain passive while the left actively supports Jackass, but it's too soon to judge that.
    Those who've shown support vocally:
    Hannity
    Rush
    Levin
    Ingrahm
    Coulter

I'd say we will get more than passive help.

i believe so too, that's why i said "at most", just to not refute the other poster too strongly, but i agree with your assessment. republicans are not in a position to not use the energy from the tea party.

How much cash on hand does Conway have? You'd have to think 0 since his election was even more thin than razor thin.

But $10 million? I mean that's all fine and dandy but you can't seriously believe the Ron Paul community can raise that much. You'd be asking a small fragment of Ron Paul's presidential donors to produce 33% of all the money Ron had.
    I ignore the fact that RP's take back the GOP strategy is working. I ignore the fact that RP accomplished more from his 2008 GOP run than he ever has before. I ignore the fact that 3rd party candidates lose and are a joke to voters. I ignore all this b/c I have an arousing fantasy where RP runs 3rd party in 2012, magically polls at 15%, magically is allowed in the debates, and then magically wins the election. Trust me, it'll work this time.
    - The naive attitude of too many RPF members

It may well be that McConnell and his ilk will help out, but let's be realistic here, most GOP donors aren't going to just start forking over money to Rand. We need to raise at least 5 million more on our own. Period.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post
    How much cash on hand does Conway have? You'd have to think 0 since his election was even more thin than razor thin.

But $10 million? I mean that's all fine and dandy but you can't seriously believe the Ron Paul community can raise that much. You'd be asking a small fragment of Ron Paul's presidential donors to produce 33% of all the money Ron had.
    i wouldn't focus so much on that number. the community is going to raise as much as it can, and that's all that can be done about it. it might be enough, or it might not, although i believe it will suffice.

Quote Originally Posted by AJ Antimony View Post

Small fraction? Well perhaps we should expand the number of people donating??? Ron sends out fundraising pleas to everyone who donated to him in 2007-2008. In any event, 10 million will be cheap for the seat.
    The evils of the protecting-duty, may undoubtedly be graduated by compromises, like those of every other species of tyranny, but the folly of letting in some tyranny has in all ages been fatal to liberty. A succession of wedges, though apparently small, finally splits the strongest timber. ~John Taylor of Caroline, Tyranny Unmasked

We have four boxes with which to defend our freedom: the soap box, the ballot box, the jury box, and the cartridge box. ~Congressman Larry McDonald.

Quote Originally Posted by John Taylor View Post
    It may well be that McConnell and his ilk will help out, but let's be realistic here, most GOP donors aren't going to just start forking over money to Rand. We need to raise at least 5 million more on our own. Period.
    McConnell was not ever thought to be in Jeopardy in 2008:
    Cycle Fundraising, 2003 - 2008, Campaign Cmte
    Raised: $20,991,678
    Spent: $21,334,523
    Cash on Hand: $87,972
    Debts: $510,783
    Last Report: Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    Exactly. I agree, I think Rand will need at least a total of 15 million, including another 10-12 for the general election. I was simply saying that his private individual supporters need to get him at least 5 million dollars, and he needs to be getting to some fundraising dinners along with Marco Rubio and other GOP challengers... raise a lot of money from old time donors as well.

Or course if Conways really wants it, he can spend a few million of his own money....how much is he willing to spend is a good question.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Or course if Conways really wants it, he can spend a few million of his own money....how much is he willing to spend is a good question.
    YouTube - GODFATHER Classic HORSEHEAD Scene

According to two inside sources of mine, at least $11 million dollars is being committed to Conway from typical NWO sources:

* Israeli lobby

* global financial institutions like Goldman Sachs, CitiCorp, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, etc., plus insurance companies.

* stockholders of the Fed

* George Soros

* military-industrial complex

the same group is also pushing for Tim Pawlenty to be the GOP presidential nominee in 2012.

The total amount committed will depend on future polling data. Rand is going to need all hands on deck to hold off this onslaught.
    Knowledge is Liberty!

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post
    According to two inside sources of mine, at least $11 million dollars is being committed to Conway from typical NWO sources:

* Israeli lobby

* global financial institutions like Goldman Sachs, CitiCorp, JP Morgan, Bank of America, Morgan Stanley, etc., plus insurance companies.

* George Soros

the same group is also pushing for Tim Pawlenty to be the GOP presidential nominee in 2012.

The total amount committed will depend on future polling data. Rand is going to need all hands on deck to hold off this onslaught.
    insider sources? :X

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I have an inside source that tells me that Conway has numbers showing he's behind double digits. I don't know ho reliable my mole is:

Quote Originally Posted by BamaFanNKy View Post
    I have an inside source that tells me that Conway has numbers showing he's behind double digits. I don't know ho reliable my mole is:
    That looks like a pretty reliable mole to me. Who could argue with THAT mole?

Quote Originally Posted by Galileo Galilei View Post

* Israeli lobby

* George Soros

OK
    Last edited by Andy_MIT; 06-12-2010 at 12:10 PM.

psst...donate to Dr. Lawson

Wow. That's more than half of what Ron Paul raised in the presidential campaign. That's an enormous amount of money for a senate election.

How much does Conway have on hand after facing Mongiardo. I imagine that they both fought right up until the end.