Thread: Open letter to Adam: Thank you for running

Open letter to Adam: Thank you for running

Adam,

Just wanted to say thanks so much for getting out there and giving up a year of your life to run for Congress. You have been my favorite candidate running for office in the entire country this time around. No other candidate represents my views as well as you did, so I thank you for that. You fired up the liberty movement with your energy and enthusiasm, and though you did not win, you helped spread the message of freedom.

Before Ron Paul ran for President, I had never even registered to vote. Suddenly I even donated $100 to his campaign. I donated almost the same amount to your campaign, even knowing your odds of winning were slim. I didn't care about the odds though. RARELY does a candidate come around who represents my voice this well.

Adam; Aside from the disappointing results in today's election, I ask that you consider running for public office again. Perhaps a lower office, such as the state house or state senate. You have some name recognition now, and you may have much better luck getting elected in a smaller district with less attention from the establishment. Think about it. Don't let the discouraging results of today make you think otherwise.

Thank your for running, and thanks for watering the tree of liberty!
    Republican Precinct Committeeman, Arizona LD21.

"The two enemies of the people are criminals and government, so let us tie the second down with the chains of the Constitution so the second will not become the legalized version of the first." -Thomas Jefferson

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    I'd like to thank Adam and his campaign too, I'm sure you guys educated a lot of people and planted the seeds of liberty. I doubt we would have done this well a few years ago, the tide is turning...

adam kokesh should definately run again!

Quote Originally Posted by MR2Fast2Catch View Post
    Adam,
    Adam; Aside from the disappointing results in today's election, I ask that you consider running for public office again. Perhaps a lower office, such as the state house or state senate. You have some name recognition now, and you may have much better luck getting elected in a smaller district with less attention from the establishment. Think about it. Don't let the discouraging results of today make you think otherwise.

Thank your for running, and thanks for watering the tree of liberty!
    great letter! i am really starting to think that this is the way to go...
    Tu ne cede malis sed contra audentior ito

Congratulations, Adam, on the inroads you made for liberty in NM-3 and elsewhere. This is only a temporary setback. Get the "Don't blame me; I voted for Kokesh" bumper stickers ready.
    Let us know how things go with your opponent. I assume he'll be asking for some sort of endorsement since you got almost a third of the vote.

Also, all the special thanks to Michael, on what seems permanent loan from the state of Hawai'i, for the hard work and timely updates.

Thanks Adam and team. You all ran an amazing campaign.
    "History has tried hard to teach us that we can't have good government under politicians. Now, to go and stick one at the very head of the government couldn't be wise." - Mark Twain

Twitter - @kevinmckenz
    Blog - Never Say Nothing

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    It's not good to set brushfires in New Mexico, Adam.
    Quote Originally Posted by timosman View Post
    This is getting silly.
    Quote Originally Posted by Swordsmyth View Post
    It started silly.
    T.S. Eliot's The Hollow Men

"One of the penalties for refusing to participate in politics is that you end up being governed by your inferiors." - Plato

We Are Running Out of Time - Mini Me

Quote Originally Posted by Philhelm
    I part ways with "libertarianism" when it transitions from ideology grounded in logic into self-defeating autism for the sake of ideological purity.

fantastic post. hope Adam will try again for state level run. All politics is local someone once said.
    The wisdom of Swordy:

On bringing the troops home
    They are coming home, all the naysayers said they would never leave Syria and then they said they were going to stay in Iraq forever.

It won't take very long to get them home but it won't be overnight either but Iraq says they can't stay and they are coming home just like Trump said.

On fighting corruption:
    Trump had to donate the "right way" and hang out with the "right people" in order to do business in NYC and Hollyweird and in order to investigate and expose them.
    Fascism Defined

Great post. Thanks for running, Adam, and please run for office again!

Ditto, thanks for running, I hope you will run in the near future, the country is starving for leadership from people like you.
    "Gradualism in theory is perpetuity in practice." ~ William Lloyd Garrison
    STRATEGY: Three Essential Guidelines for the Liberty Movement

Liberty Policy Journal
    Striking at the Root

How did he not get out of the primary? After all of the support? so pathetic

I don't even know his opponent's name for f's sake.

Quote Originally Posted by JosephTheLibertarian View Post
    How did he not get out of the primary? After all of the support? so pathetic

I don't even know his opponent's name for f's sake.
    I'm sure those who live in New Mexico do. He's a household name to us, but this was a local primary.

Woot! Thousands more liberty supporters now exist in New Mexico and elsewhere.
    I'm a moderator, and I'm glad to help. But I'm an individual -- my words come from me. Any idiocy within should reflect on me, not Ron Paul, and not Ron Paul Forums.

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Great man!! I applaud his efforts and I hope he knows he has not failed, this is only the beginning.... Thank You Adam!

This is not the last we've heard from Kokesh, I'm sure. He'll soldier on.

His primary opponent actually wasn't that terrible from what I saw at the debate. Hopefully he'll be able to beat Lujan.

+1776!

You worked very hard, Adam. I hope you can take a nice vacation! You've earned it.

Adam:

Thank you so much for running for Congress. Thank you for giving the people of New Mexico's 3rd District a chance to vote for someone committed to liberty and the U.S. Constitution. But I have two questions: first, why wasn't there a victory? Was it just that the more mainstream, neo-con Republicans detect that Mullins was one of them and you weren't? Second, what are you going to do now to continue the fight for liberty? Are you going to continue advocating for our military veterans? Are you going to get involved with other projects in New Mexico, such as helping Native American tribes break free of the federal government's stranglehold on them? I am interested in answers to these questions and I think we all are.
    "With respect to the words 'General Welfare', I have always regarded them as qualified by the detail of powers connected with them. To take them in a literal and unlimited sense would be a metamorphosis of the Constitution into a character which there is a host of proofs was not contemplated by its creators." - James Madison, 1831

Can Adam not run as an (I) at this point, or is he just not interested?

Thank you Adam & Michael for all you have done for the liberty movement. Great job along with a great team effort and volunteer effort. Onward and Forward!
    "Everyone who believes in freedom must work diligently for sound money, fully redeemable. Nothing else is compatible with the humanitarian goals of peace and prosperity." -- Ron Paul

Brother Jonathan