Thread: Alan Watt implies gold and silver are a sucker's game

Alan Watt implies gold and silver are a sucker's game

Source: http://fauxcapitalist.com/2010/05/29...-suckers-game/

Alan Watt, researcher of the New World Order, implies gold and silver are a sucker’s game, on the FAQ page of his Cutting Through the Matrix site:

Q – Gold and silver has gone up greatly in the past year. What do you think the reason for this is?

A – They want everyone to buy while they’ve got a glut and they want a good profit from the buyers who can then sell it back to them when the price is less. That’s how its always worked.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by FauxCapitalist View Post
    Source: http://fauxcapitalist.com/2010/05/29...-suckers-game/

Alan Watt, researcher of the New World Order, implies gold and silver are a sucker’s game, on the FAQ page of his Cutting Through the Matrix site:

Q – Gold and silver has gone up greatly in the past year. What do you think the reason for this is?

A – They want everyone to buy while they’ve got a glut and they want a good profit from the buyers who can then sell it back to them when the price is less. That’s how its always worked.
    Look at the history of fiat money vs. gold/silver and tell me which one is for the suckers. I suppose he thinks FRNs are sound money despite US debt of $ 13 trillion and tons of quantitative easing. Nothing to worry about there.

hes just another douche bag trolling for the Man and the System......

My wife and kids may someday fault me for something.....but joining the 6 thousand year bubble as did the founders.....will not be one of them!!
    "Paper is poverty,... it is only the ghost of money, and not money itself." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1788.
    WWW.APPLESEEDINFO.ORG

Appleseed Project - "Common folks teaching common folks to shoot uncommonly well"

Quote Originally Posted by xd9fan View Post
    hes just another douche bag trolling for the Man and the System......

My wife and kids may someday fault me for something.....but joining the 6 thousand year bubble as did the founders.....will not be one of them!!

Roger that!

One thing I will never regret is the fact that I exchanged FRNs for PMs (back when Au was $300/oz and Ag was $5).
    Peacefully Engaged in Domestic Economic Terrorism Since 2004.

Audit Fort Knox so we will know how much Tungsten backs the FRN!

Alan Watt implies gold and silver are a sucker's game
    Does that mean he's selling?

If Im reading correctly, this Watt fellow simply states that TPTB will shake out the weak hands eventually, like they always do. Like so many people, he thinks only short term and small picture. If PMs really crashed as low as he is making it sound then 1) Im buying whatever I can get my hands on and 2) I'd question whether anyone else would actually sell physical in the event of a large down movement. You've only lost on paper until you actually sell.
    "Let it not be said that we did nothing."-Ron Paul

"We have set them on the hobby-horse of an idea about the absorption of individuality by the symbolic unit of COLLECTIVISM. They have never yet and they never will have the sense to reflect that this hobby-horse is a manifest violation of the most important law of nature, which has established from the very creation of the world one unit unlike another and precisely for the purpose of instituting individuality."- A Quote From Some Old Book

Quote Originally Posted by devil21 View Post
    If Im reading correctly, this Watt fellow simply states that TPTB will shake out the weak hands eventually, like they always do. Like so many people, he thinks only short term and small picture. If PMs really crashed as low as he is making it sound then 1) Im buying whatever I can get my hands on and 2) I'd question whether anyone else would actually sell physical in the event of a large down movement. You've only lost on paper until you actually sell.
    Yeah... if the price of PM's go down there will be a lot of buyers. The only thing FRN have is faith that it will be honored, and right now that is a very thin line.

My email to Alan Watt today:

I came across your FAQ, where you imply that gold and silver are a sucker's game.

I share your sentiments to the extent that a buy and hold strategy can be very bad with gold, as the 19 years from January 1980 to 1999 showed us. The recently exposed manipulation of silver by J.P. Morgan shows us that even without a reserve function like gold, it's still manipulated by banks.

However, there are good times to buy gold and silver, such as when silver was around $9 USD an ounce in December 2008 and increased by 50% within two months.

I believe diversification is key. I invite you to read my article "Platinum: The overlooked investment metal and currency," which advocates an examination of the claim, "gold and silver are all you can rely on."

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.