Thread: And thus China begins its inteventions..

Exclamation And thus China begins its inteventions..

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000...756300542.html

this time in the workplace, violating the contract between employer and employee.

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Seems more like the government officials guilt-tripped an inhuman group of corporate managers - or at least convinced them worker suicides from poor working conditions is bad PR for them, too, and not just their country.

Exclamation

that's...weird, only part of the article is there.

ahh well, secondary source: http://www.engadget.com/2010/05/30/t...itions-in-res/

it's not guilt-tripping in this case--out and out coercion.

Foxconn is a big corporation which is favoured by the government,this is not a simple employer and employee question,those people died because of corporationism.

And asking Foxconn to improve conditions for workers is some kind of help to this big corporation,to help them relieve the resposibilty of the deaths.

Those people were murdered,and no one would be responsible for that in this case.There is no justice here.This is the real sad part of the story.

Those people died because they were insane.

No tears from me. If your job is making you sad, then you quit. You are entirely responsible for your life. Nobody else is responsible for making you happy.

This here is where libertarians $#@! up. The first instinct is to defend big business on principle, without considering that pretty much all big business is deep in bed with the government in almost any country. How about some non-interventionism in conflicts between corporations and the government?

I'd also like to clarify, these sweat shop workers were probably driven there by alternatives that were even worse, but we shouldn't just blindly defend every corporation we see, especially in a country that corrupt.

P.S. I'm glad I passed over that Foxconn motherboard a few years back.
    Last edited by Endgame; 05-31-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Endgame View Post
    P.S. I'm glad I passed over that Foxconn motherboard a few years back.
    More than likely, it still contains a fair number of Foxconn modules. :x

Chinese society is one big government intervention.

It's the whole reason that huge corporations are able to thrive at everyone else's expense over there.

China defines fascism, and we should be glad that government force is at least being used for the benefit of someone other than the rich for once.

Of course it would be much better if the Chinese could just liberate themselves completely, but some of you talk as if that is already the case with China.

Nothing could be further from the truth.
    Donald Trump > SJW ass-tears

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by angelatc View Post
    Those people died because they were insane.

No tears from me. If your job is making you sad, then you quit. You are entirely responsible for your life. Nobody else is responsible for making you happy.
    Those workers don't have a choice in the first place.They can quit,but where can they go?Other corporations ouside Foxconn are even worse,even less pay.

Corporationism is the worst type of capitalism.In this society,if you are born poor,then you are destined to be poor.

Exclamation

Quote Originally Posted by shenlu54 View Post
    Those workers don't have a choice in the first place.They can quit,but where can they go?Other corporations ouside Foxconn are even worse,even less pay.

So workers do have a choice then.

People need to stop comparing the United States and Europe's working conditions to that of China and other developing countries; of course their working conditions and pay are going to be lower; they're not as rich as we are and they don't have access to nearly as much capital.

We went through the same exact stages during the 1900's--conditions improved as worker productivity and the amount of wealth in society improved; to impose strict controls back then would have delayed our development considerably; imposing similar rules in China will have the same effect.

Quote Originally Posted by shenlu54 View Post
    So you're saying that they really didn't have any reason to off themselves.

Corporationism is the worst type of capitalism.In this society,if you are born poor,then you are destined to be poor.
    You're not living in a corporate driven republic. You're in Communist China. Overthrow your government or stop whining. We've got our own problems to deal with.

No,I'm saying they are destined to be poor, for ever.

A man without future is a man without hope.

And as far as to the communist doctrine, in fact, no one in this land believes in that Utopia any more except some bigots. I remember recently when I was hearing radio news,when they were reporting the boss of Shanghai's speech to some kindergarten kids,and he said,"What's the most important things for a child,it's play!"

I almost choked up, just 20 years ago , you could not imagine that these words would come out of the mouth of one senior communist party's officer.They would say the most important things for the children is to be the pioneers of the cause of communism.

And today's main land is more corporationism than what is happening in USA, since the government is capable of everything, those corporations can therefore get everything they want through government.

Who set the interest rates,who decide the exchange rate? On the surface ,it seems it's the communist party, but in fact ,it's the giant corporations within the party that do the decisions.They just hijacked the party. LoL

Welcome to the new China.
    Last edited by shenlu54; 05-31-2010 at 08:38 PM.