Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Helen Thomas asks Obama "Why are we still in Afghanistan? Don't give me that Bushism"

Helen Thomas asks Obama "Why are we still in Afghanistan? Don't give me that Bushism"

Video to be posted when ready...

Helen Thomas just asked Obama
    "When are we getting out of Afghanistan? How long are we going to kill and be killed? And don't give me that Bushism that they will all follow us home."

Obomba babbled on: "They are a threat... 9/11 started there.. blah blah blah"

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

The racket must go on. The war on terror clearly isn't being won, nothing good is coming from the occupations, but they stay because it is still serving its purpose of transferring money from the public purse to the private.

Go Helen!

I was listening to NPR this morning, and they had an author on who wrote a book about her experiences in Afghanistan. One thing she found interesting were the pervasive rumors that during the night, American soldiers were transporting Taliban soliders via helicopters to the Northern Province, where their numbers were increasing.

The thought behind the conspiracy theory was that the Afghanis couldn't understand how else the Taliban was strengthening against the American military force who had so quickly routed them within weeks back in 2001. Our military is so powerful, it was beyond comprehension to them that we weren't successful unless we were choosing not to, essentially.

Here's a link to part of her story
    http://www.foreignpolicy.com/article...en_are_dying_0

Helen again! She made a similar stir when she asked either him or Gibbs, 'Why are they attacking us again?'.

Good for her!
    It's time to grill G. W. Bush's Third term the Obama administration.
    A Camel, Lion, and Child.

Helen might actually have principles. Who'd a thunk it?
    "Democracy, too, is a religion. It is the worship of jackals by jackasses." - H.L. Mencken

Μολὼν λάβε

"Necessity is the plea for every infringement of human freedom. It is the argument of tyrants; it is the creed of slaves." - William Pitt

Helen Thomas, the last of the anti-war left.

10. Remove this section of ads by registering.

He answered that question with as much compassion as if he were asked to explain where he chose to get an oil change for his car.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackPeterSchiff View Post
    Worth noting: we have more troops in the middle east now than at anytime during the bush administration.

Quote Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
    He answered that question with as much compassion as if he were asked to explain where he chose to get an oil change for his car.
    good analogy!

Quote Originally Posted by TheBlackPeterSchiff View Post
    There's still Cindy Sheehan.

YouTube - Obama the warmonger VS Cindy Sheehan & the anti-war movement
    9/11 Thermate experiments

Winston Churchhill on why the U.S. should have stayed OUT of World War I

"I am so %^&*^ sick of this cult of Ron Paul. The Paulites. What is with these %^&*^ people? Why are there so many of them?" YouTube rant by "TheAmazingAtheist"

"We as a country have lost faith and confidence in freedom." -- Ron Paul

"It can be a challenge to follow the pronouncements of President Trump, as he often seems to change his position on any number of items from week to week, or from day to day, or even from minute to minute." -- Ron Paul
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian4Liberty View Post
    The road to hell is paved with good intentions. No need to make it a superhighway.
    Quote Originally Posted by osan View Post
    The only way I see Trump as likely to affect any real change would be through martial law, and that has zero chances of success without strong buy-in by the JCS at the very minimum.

So if I get this right, he said they are attacking us now because we are over there, maybe one day he will actually understand what he is saying.
    Insanity should be defined as trusting the government to solve a problem they caused in the first place. Please do not go insane!

Quote Originally Posted by jmdrake View Post
    There's still Cindy Sheehan.
    And Alan Grayson / Dennis Kucinich....

19. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    According to the last bill to withdraw from Afghanistan, there's only 65 people in the House who want to leave. The other 356 think it's a wonderful $#@!ing idea to mire ourselves in the mideast, go bankrupt, kill scores of civilians and create greater danger for our country all for some vague 'threat' that is now admittedly not even where any of the wars are.

OH that was GOOD!!!!!
    Obama is exposed as a complete BUSHITTER!!!!

$#@! this can't people see what a fraud he is? Lying BASTARD doesn't give a $#@! about Americans or the troops getting killed or innocents dying all over the middle east. This is just more statist nonsense coming from this jackass, good job Helen but we need to HAMMER this home.

Anti-war left my ass!

Love the Horowitz name and description for the video.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Okay. Helen Thomas.

HELEN THOMAS: Mr. President, when are you going to get out of Afghanistan? Why are we continuing to kill and die there? What is the real excuse? And don't give us this Bushism, if we don't go there, they'll all come here.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Well, Helen, the reason we originally went to Afghanistan was because that was the base from which attacks were launched that killed 3,000 people --

HELEN THOMAS: That's not what -- (off mike).

PRESIDENT OBAMA: And -- I'm -- I'm going to get to your question, I promise. But I just want to remind people we went there because the Taliban was harboring al Qaeda, which had launched an attack that killed 3,000 Americans. Al Qaeda escaped capture, and they set up in the border regions between Pakistan and Afghanistan.

Al Qaeda has affiliates that not only provide them safe harbor but increasingly are willing to conduct their own terrorist operations, initially in Afghanistan and in Pakistan, but increasingly directed against Western targets, and targets of our allies as well.

So it is absolutely critical that we dismantle that network of extremists that are willing to attack us. And they are currently --

HELEN THOMAS: (Off mike) -- to us?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Oh -- well, they absolutely are a threat to us. They're a significant threat to us. I wouldn't be deploying young men and women into harm's way if I didn't think that they were an absolute threat to us.

Now, General McChrystal's strategy, which I think is the right one, is that we are going to clear out Taliban strongholds; we are going to strengthen the capacity of the Afghan military; and we are going to get them stood up in a way that allows us then to start drawing down our troops but continuing to provide support for Afghan -- in its effort to create a stable government.

It is a difficult process. At the same time, we've also got to work with Pakistan so that they are more effective partners in dealing with the extremists that are within their borders. And it is a big, messy process, but we are making progress in part because the young men and women under General McChrystal's supervision, as well as our coalition partners, are making enormous sacrifices, but also on the civilian side we're starting to make progress in terms of building capacity that will allow us then to draw down within an effective partner.

Okay. Jackie Calmes, New York Times.
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

An observation....
    This is completely scripted. Watch his eyes as he reads his queues. First half of the answer is from the right; second half from the left.
    This is merely theater and Helen has been granted this "hard hitting" part to play......everything has been pre-submitted, thought thru, and then presented as spontaneous.

Quote Originally Posted by KramerDSP View Post
    PRESIDENT OBAMA: Okay. Helen Thomas.

HELEN THOMAS: Mr. President, when are you going to get out of Afghanistan? Why are we continuing to kill and die there? What is the real excuse? And don't give us this Bushism, if we don't go there, they'll all come here.

PRESIDENT OBAMA: nine-eleven

HELEN THOMAS: That's not what -- (off mike).

PRESIDENT OBAMA: And -- I'm -- I'm going to get to your question, I promise.
    But nine-eleven.

HELEN THOMAS: (Off mike) -- to us?

PRESIDENT OBAMA: Oh -- well, they absolutely are a threat to us. nine-eleven

It is a difficult process.

nine-eleven
    ^Fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by specsaregood View Post
    Worth noting: we have more troops in the middle east now than at anytime during the bush administration.
    Do you have a source for that?

Not necessarily doubting it, but I believe Bush had 170,000 troops in Iraq, at it's height, while having approximately 25,000 troops in Afghanistan. As of March, I read there are 97,000 troops in Iraq and 83,000 in Afghanistan. (http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=58461)

^Fixed.

LOL. Had to break this one out.....

YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters

28. Remove this section of ads by registering.
    Quote Originally Posted by phill4paul View Post
    LOL. Had to break this one out.....

YouTube - Family Guy - Undecided Voters
    hahahaha lol "undecided voters are the biggest idiots on the planet"

She asked him not to give her Bushism so he turns around and gives her Bushism practically word for word. SOS we've been hearing since 01. He knows damn well that the real reason is that we are broke and not producing so war gives us the perfect excuse to continue borrowing.
    Last edited by catdd; 05-27-2010 at 05:53 PM.
    "Molon Labe"

^This
    Carole

"Mr. Chairman, we have in this Country one of the most corrupt institutions the world has ever known. I refer to the Federal Reserve Board and the Federal Reserve Banks, hereinafter called the Fed. The Fed has cheated the Government of these United States and the people of the United States out of enough money to pay the Nation's debt. The depredations and iniquities of the Fed has cost enough money to pay the National debt several times over. -Cong. Louis McFadden

Quote Originally Posted by Rede View Post
    Do you have a source for that?

Not necessarily doubting it, but I believe Bush had 170,000 troops in Iraq, at it's height, while having approximately 25,000 troops in Afghanistan. As of March, I read there are 97,000 troops in Iraq and 83,000 in Afghanistan. (http://www.defense.gov/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=58461)
    I haven't looked, but Jason Lewis was talking about it on his show earlier this week. He is usually pretty reliable on that stuff. I can try to figure out which day it was on if you want (all his shows are available via podcast). In fact i might just do that anyways later so I can email him and get a citation.

I've asked Obama supporting friends about this and they say "if Obama says we have a reason we must have a reason". They didn't believe Bush but Obama "must have received classified information after he was elected that would make him think we should stay in Afghanistan for our own protection".

This is their actual answer. And when I tell them if someone had said the same about Bush they would have laughed they say it is because Bush was untrustworthy but Obama is trustworthy. Seriously

^Fixed.
    LMAO! That is indeed a more accurate transcript!
    .... in his heart, and in his head, in his character, and in his intellect, in what he has done, and in what he will become, the Thomas Jefferson of our day, Ron Paul is one of us.
    - Andrew Napolitano, Future of Freedom Foundation, June 3, 2007
    For captioned videos of Ron Paul, subscribe to http://www.youtube.com/user/KramerDSP.

Also, check out http://www.deafronpaul.blogspot.com for hundreds of subtitled political videos featuring Ron Paul and other politicians.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast