Thread: Kokesh increases the pressure

Kokesh increases the pressure

http://roundhouseroundup.blogspot.co...play-fair.html

Kokesh Tells Yates to Play Fair

Adam Kokesh, running in the Republican primary for the 3rd Congressional District, wrote a letter to state GOP chairman Harvey Yates today. Kokesh asked Yates asking why the state party isn't criticizing his primary opponent Tom Mullins for "false statements" and "slander."

The letter was spurred by Yates' recent public condemnation of gubernatorial candidate Allen Weh for his attack ad against rival Susana Martinez.

Here's the letter:

Chairman Yates,

Recently, you took a stand against conduct by one of our gubernatorial candidates that you determined to be dishonest. In a statement regarding the issue you said, "Republicans expect honesty in government. How likely is that result, if dishonesty in campaigning is tolerated in those we elect to run government?" While this is true, your conduct hardly reflects a commitment to honesty.

At the state party convention, you took no action against supporters of my primary opponent, Tom Mullins, when they circulated smear cards against against me which violated party rules, and as they lacked attribution, constituted a fourth degree felony under NM law. You then failed to follow state law in regards to the rounding of the vote total. Among those who knew what happened, your integrity failed.

Long before he resigned as San Juan County GOP Chair to more openly support my primary opponent and slander me publicly, Rod Montoya had been openly supporting my opponent. When we asked to meet with a representative of the Mullins campaign after he announced, he sent Montoya to speak on his behalf. When this was brought to your attention, you made the lame excuse that if a party official is supporting a candidate on "personal time" it does not violate the party rules of neutrality.

My opponent has also made deliberately false statements about me personally, and you have remained silent. According to the Albuquerque Journal, he even falsely claimed that I have never voted in New Mexico. He has publicly stated that I have "never held a real job." When Mullins made a statement to that effect on his blog, many veterans were deeply offended, and he was forced to constantly delete comments calling him out for this shameless attack. I can assure you that serving in combat with the United States Marine Corps in Fallujah was a real job!

It is time to speak out if you want to show that you are not just playing favorites and salvage your own integrity. If you believe that it is your role to police the conduct of candidates, please lead by example and join me in condemning Mullin's negative campaigning with false statements that threaten our ability to unseat Ben Ray Lujan. For the sake of the party, let us focus on how we can better meet the concerns of voters regarding jobs and the economy so that we can take back our state in November.

Sincerely,

Adam Kokesh
    Proud Republican candidate to represent New Mexico's 3rd Congressional District
    Don't let others get you down. Not naysayers, not pretenders, not appeasers, not opportunists; none of em.

What others do pales beside what YOU do.

Press on! - The r3VOLution continues...

"Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence.Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful people with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."

~ C.Coolidge

2. Remove this section of ads by registering.

Quote Originally Posted by ronpaulhawaii View Post
    A politician telling a veteren that he never held a real job kind of makes me angry
    Last edited by dean.engelhardt; 05-27-2010 at 06:51 AM.